UK Rapid prices announced

krob2

Very strange no 1.4 for the Elegance. Could be they are saving it for some kind of Sport model as a range topper or could be the Skoda UK dictatorship doing it's thing again.

I'd imagine these prices would be discountable like most of the rest of the Skoda range.

Looking forward to seeing the UK brochure and the available options.

As a very happy owner of a 2 year old Octavia Elegance 1.4tsi with DSG/MFSW deeply disappointed this is not being included in the Rapid range.Interested to see is this will change before I change my car in the next couple of years.???

No mention of DAB radio! When I thought Skoda had announced all models from 2013 would have it launching the rapid a couple of months prior to this without it would be disappointing. Looking at the listed prices and the media reviews thus far it's going to need the VAT free offer to sell!

Edited by stokey

International brochure here: http://new.skoda-aut...d-catalogue.pdf

I wonder if there will be a 'dynamic sportspack'; again, as with the Octavia II. In the Netherlands the sportspack had the sporty seats (as shown in the Rapid brochure on page with the Flush interior), sportsuspension and 18" alloy wheels.

so if you want an Elegance along with the 1.4tsi just spec up the SE as it looks like its not much more that you can add, & i am sure someone will be able to switch on cornering fogs with VAG-COM

Just been emailed by Skoda that the latest Rapid information is out. On checking the specs Elegance trim only comes with manual air con as standard! So that'll be another £300 or so to add to the already steep pricing to add climate control. You can have DAB though if you buy the sat nav.

I got the email as well and AFAIC they (SUK) have completely & utterly screwed this car up if it was them who decided the UK Specs.

Absolutely abysmal, not having a 1,4 TSI DSG in Elegance form and as for it's specification, it should be fully specced up, everything on it!

Unless they change it, it's a definite no sale here and a change of marque for me.

Looking at the full UK specs here: http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/newcars/rapid/equipment/Pages/equipment1.aspx

I'm pleased to see you get rear disc brakes on all models except the 75BHP. Would have preferred if they had kept the rear wiper optional though as I do think it spoils the looks a bit.

Looking at the full UK specs here: http://www.skoda.co....equipment1.aspx

I'm pleased to see you get rear disc brakes on all models except the 75BHP. Would have preferred if they had kept the rear wiper optional though as I do think it spoils the looks a bit.

Was it not the UK market that made Skoda fit rear wipers to the Octy I :wonder:

Mind SUK are wonderful at giving us trim levels to their personal tastes not their customers.

TP

Hmmmm,

Wife was thinking of having a 1.4Tsi DSG Elegance but can't understand why the highest spec engine/gearbox is not available with the highest trim level.

The specification is not as good as I thought and the prices are higher than I thought they would be.

Couple this to the low spec suspension and compromised ride I think we have now discounted the Rapid.

I think the car only makes sense if you want a cheap car with space and go for the entry level models. When you start getting towards £18k the competition is far better if you don't need all that boot space.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

I agree that a 1.4Tsi Elegance DSG would have been my choice. Having read the spec that is on their website and see what you DON'T get for your money I also will be looking elsewhere.

The features show you get Windscreen Wipers and an Ice Scraper inside the filler cap - That's certainly going to sell the Rapid - NOT.

So far, the Octavia 3 is way out in front. Shame really as part of me so wanted to like the Rapid, but Skoda seemed to have built in to a budget but then failed to tell the bean counters that the price needs to reflect the equipment.

• Like 1

Seat have released the Toledo brochure. The SE spec looks good, better than elegance, and you can get the 1.4 DSG in the SE trim. What car show the SE prices to be £250 more than elegance rapid but the SE comes with climate control as standard.

The seat Toledo with the more powerful of the two 1.2 litre engines only has CO2 output of 118 against the rapid's 125 and the fuel economy is better. Seat must be fitting the green tech features as standard.