How to make it louder?

Gumby

Are there any simple/cheap ways to make the engine/exhaust sound louder/more aggressive without getting a complete new exhaust system?

The miltek exhaust systems are too expensive for me at the moment and seem to require at least a stage 1 remap.

So, as I was watching a re-run of the souped up renault avantine on top gear at lunch, where they fitted a better air filter to the engine/some other stuff, does this make the engine and exhaust sound better?

What other things can you do?

Not looking for chav loudness...just a little bit more loud over standard.

I am in WGC :). The problem I have is whether any of the mods (like mid silencer delete, re-map) would invalidate the warranty. Also, at servicing they sometimes re-flash to ECU with new soft, which would obviously delete the re-map. In such a case would tuners like APR put their map bac kon for free or would they charge again?

Yeah I'll be up for the tunnel shoot :)

Modifications will only invalidate the parts they replace and work with. The centre silencer being removed will only affect the centre section of the exhaust, Skoda could argue about the whole exhaust but they would have to prove it.

Yeah I'll be up for the tunnel shoot :)

Modifications will only invalidate the parts they replace and work with. The centre silencer being removed will only affect the centre section of the exhaust, Skoda could argue about the whole exhaust but they would have to prove it.

Have you had yours serviced with the mods yet? Any problems there?

I'd be for that tunnel shoot! Can try my hand at taking photos with my DSLR kit as well :)

Black Magic with all black alloys and Red version of the interior, heated front seats, GSM II Blutooth prep, cruise control, 5 years warranty and 3 years free servicing for £ 250 (convoluted financing arrangement just to get the free servicing). When I was leaving the dealership a yellow/black one was aprked outside and I REALLY liked it... still, black it is ! Manufacturing date is week 42 so should have it within 4 weeks time, finger crossed!

Have you tried www.trackmyskoda.co.uk? It doesn't want to work for me... :(

Wicked stuff. I never used it as mine was pre reg. I'll try get me mate with a green one to come along. Only be a yellow one missing then. Anyway back on topic. Just take out the centre silencer and stick an induction kit on and it will sound ok

Silencer I can do myself as I am not very keen on paying £60 for undoing 4 bolts and welding in a £2length of pipe in its place... In any case I would like to have a system where I can revert to stock so no welding to the stoc exhaust. Steel pipes are rather affordable...

Induction kit cost ridiculous amount of money! ITG Maxogen sets you back in a region of £500! that is for an air filer costing max £50 from K&N, piece of shaped plastic (looking like carbon fibre) plus jubilee clips and some large diameter o-rings and a lenght of flexible air pipe for £10...

First on the list is re-map. I pay very little for my insurance so premium hike for that should be marginal, no more than £50 I hope as yearly premium is in a region of £207-£280 depending where I buy.

P1tt, let us know when and where exactly is that tunnel shoot!

Yes the ready made kit is expensive but you can buildyour own using an Itg filter which is the important part. Think I built mine for under 200 and is more effective (good for 300bhp) than the kit for half the price. Will be selling soon as not big enough for me plans hehehe