Anyone got a Nikon D7000?

Brimma

Considering upgrading my D5000, and looking at the D5100 and D7000, and concerned that the D5100 may only be a sideways move

D7000 is a lot dearer, but I'm not in a drastic hurry

Considering upgrading my D5000, and looking at the D5100 and D7000, and concerned that the D5100 may only be a sideways move

D7000 is a lot dearer, but I'm not in a drastic hurry

Hi Brimma,

I'm not desperate to increase my post count, and I use a D7000 - what do you want to know about it?

Justin

• Like 1

I don't use one, but heard nothing but good things about them. Still an entry level one, but the sensor is meant to be brilliant.

If you go on DXO mark and enter the one you have and the D7000 it gives you loads of results based on the sensor, which is interesting, and gives you and idea of image quality. Other than that online reviews will be helpful. Snapsort is ok to tell you what features one has over another :)

• Like 1

I use a D7000, love it.

Interesting comments in online reviews - take a look at www.kenrockwell.com and search for the three cameras. Ken is quite blunt with comments like its the photographer not the camera that makes a good picture - so challenges us when come to spend our money!

Main difference between D7000 and D5100 is that the 7000 can autofocus the older AF and modern AF-S lenses whereas the the 5100 only the newer AF-S.

The extra pixels mean bigger files, not necessarily a better image unless you need a heavy crop.

Low light, high ISO is about the same in both, and both better than D5000

Steve

• Like 1

D7000 owner, love it. Have Nikon 16-85 as my primary lens.

The combination outperforms what they should be capable of. Low light is exceptional.

I upgraded from D40 when D7000 came out 18 months ago.

Definitely check out Ken Rockwell as suggested by Steve, an invaluable source of info, i even donated ive used his site so much.

I think you wouldnt get much gain from a 5100.

Any more questions, feel free to fire away!

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

Mixed opinions on ken rockwell, many people think he's an idiot, so don't base an expensive purchase just on what he says!

I never would, Loz, I spend ages trawling through as many as I can find before I make a final decision

The majority seem to think the D7000 is something special

• Like 1

Thought this thread was about the merits of the D7000 not those of Ken Rockwell. Though whilst you're all at it, sounds like some here are as equally opinionated... ;)

Are you Ken Rockwell? :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know I'm selling my Nikon D300 with kit (zoom) lens. It's mint, not used a lot, also box and other bits and pieces which came with it.

Oops, just remembered that buying and selling should be done in the marketplace forum. Mod, delete if posting here is considered inappropriate.

Why are you considering upgrading your body?

What does the D7000 offer that your D5000 offers?

And I'm not talking about reviews or manufacturers stats. I asking you what real world benefit it will bring to your photography.

Spend money on training the photographer first, buying decent glass (lenses) second, camera body third and only when you will actually notice the difference a new body will bring to your photography.

Just my thoughts that might save you some money...,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, finally took the bull by the balls this weekend, and 'accidentally' won an auction on German ebay for a brand new European D7000 body with a 4-year European warranty, and a saving of approximately £160 on the going rate in Jessops

Should arrive later this week.............can't wait

Will post up my thoughts on it when I've had the chance to have a play :happy:

• Like 1