hi a newbie need convincing

ken b

Taff, you've tried to have a go about what I posted, but because you didn't read it correctly screwed that up.

So now it's time to get personal is it?

Hmmm... Why are you on my ignore list again?

• Like 3

Yes, we'll said ,welcome Ken, enjoy your fabia it's a great little car easily as good as a lot of the others out there. Yesterday I swapped my 2010 octavia 1.8tsi for a fabia vrs (vat free) my octavia is the best car I have ever had it is a brilliant all rounder and easily as good as any Ford, or Vauxhall or any other manufacturer but they don't get the credit because of the badge and that is down to snobbery. None of the car makers can afford to make a bad car these days, they all have good and bad points, I have owned Audi a3s and BMW 3 series m sport in the past and still think my mk1octavia vrs and my current octavia (and hopefully my fabia vrs) are just as good if not better if only from a value point of view. Don't worry about the badge ken most people know they are VWs underneath ,but then again skodas have never been that bad just check out their rallying achievements in the 70s and 80s. Enjoy

Karl

Hi Ken

Welcome to Briskoda.

It's interesting to hear of your 'wow moment' and that you followed through despite the perceived stigma of the badge. I had a similar experience 10 years ago when looking for my first new car. I was more or less aiming for a Focus estate, as Ford's were what I'd had up to then, but saw this really nice dark green estate parked up while on a trip out. Didn't recognise it so went to look closer and only then noticed the Skoda badge. They hadn't even been on my radar up to that point. I'd known people with poor examples and others that would only buy Skodas, so wasn't quite as bothered by the reputation as others seemed to be.

I ordered an Octavia estate a few months later and ran it until this summer - great car. This time last year, after looking at alternatives, I ordered another Skoda and I remember the very smart Monte Carlo parked next to the salesman's desk - good choice!

I hope you'll be as pleased with having your 'wow' car as I was with mine.