ChrisRs's Detailing Service in aid of World Challenge

ChrisRs

I'd love to do the MX5 John :happy:

We'll have to fix it up after the VRS then Chris. The first owner kept it under a cover in his garage which has caused some very light scratching all over if you look hard. It also has a more noticeable scratch on the boot lid. It's copper red mica with just 10000 miles on it. It would be great to see it minted.

I'm taking bookings up to the end of April..so May is fine ..but not in the last week of May

PM me with some dates

I can do Mondays, Wednesdays, Friday, Saturday and Sunday...unless booked

Looking forward to hearing from you

OK guys

The offer is about to end and as per Forum rules, I'm not allowed to advertise my services once the World Challenge Detail offer has ended...unless I become a sponsor

Many many thanks to all of you who have already contributed and those of you that have booked in

I have reached my target and my students will benefit a great deal from your generosity.

We travel on the 7th July from Heathrow via Doha..The excitement from the students is rubbing off...even though its going to be mega hard work!!

On a side note:

Please dont forget that I am only a PM away if you should need some TLC on your motor..... but the proceeds will be replacing products this time

Thanks again

Chris

• Like 1

Many thanks to Geordie John for bringing his nice blue vRS Estate over today for a full correction and protection Detail

It was in pretty good nick but was marked very badly with Sun Tan lotion that would not go away wiith conventional cleaning

Many thanks too to Chan110 (Wayne) for helping

Detail details:

Wheels cleaned with AutoBrite Purple Rain...and detared with Valet Pro Glue Tar remover

Valet Pro pH neutral Snow Foam

Wash via TBM with Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo with a Dooka Sheepskin Wash Pad

Clayed with Bilt Hamber Medium Clay bar

Rinsed again

Dried with a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel

Car polished with a Rotary via a 3M polishing pad and Scholl S17+ Polish

Paintwork refined/jewelled via a Megs v2 Dual Action Polisher with a Chem Guys Hexalogic Finishing Pad and Menz 400 Finishing polish

Car wiped down with IPA

Waxed with Zymol Titanium Glaze Wax

Tailpipes cleaned and polished with TCut Metal polish

Wheels sealed with Bilt Hamber Autobalm

Windows cleaned with Diamondbrite Glass Cleaner

Doorshuts dressed and buffed with Bilt Hamber QD

Engine bay cleaned with APC and dressed with Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber Shine

Interior vacuumed and plastic dressed with Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber Shine

Finally...... Tyres dressed with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Shine

Pictures below

Its a pleasure to help, Chris!

Anytime u need an extra hand give me a shout - u know where i am now :-)

Nice to meet u John!

Bring the missus car down!

And if u bring the MX5 - i will be there to help Chris too! :-)

Many thanks to Geordie John for bringing his nice blue vRS Estate over today for a full correction and protection Detail

It was in pretty good nick but was marked very badly with Sun Tan lotion that would not go away wiith conventional cleaning

Many thanks too to Chan110 (Wayne) for helping

Detail details:

Wheels cleaned with AutoBrite Purple Rain...and detared with Valet Pro Glue Tar remover

Wash via TBM with Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo with a Dooka Sheepskin Wash Pad

Car polished with a Rotary via a 3M polishing pad and Scholl S17+ Polish

Paintwork refined/jewelled via a Megs v2 Dual Action Polisher with a Chem Guys Hexalogic Finishing Pad and Menz 400 Finishing polish

Car wiped down with IPA

Pictures will follow

Many,many thanks Chris for a great job on the car. I never thought it would ever look that good. Also, many thanks to Wayne for helping out and for kindly providing lunch. I thoroughly enjoyed the company of both of you today. A great day.

I'll upload the pics later tonight.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

12_zpsdf3abadb.jpg

Hey Chris - you need some foam mats for detailing mate. I have loads spare in the garage!!!

Next time you are round i'll let you take a few away. Great for when you have to get down on your knees like that.

Clip 3 or 4 together to lie down and do side sills, exhaust or whatever plus enables you to put clothes/equipment down on a clean surface too.

This sort of thing.....

img0416r.jpg

Thanks to Ryan (Kemit82) for bring over his nice but badly swirled Suzuki Swift Sport

Jap paint is very soft and this was no exception..Hence the Demonstrator he had bought was 'Swirl City'

Ryan has some pictures of the before and during Detail

Detail details:

Wheels cleaned with Wonder Wheels Hot Rims Iron remover...and detared with Valet Pro Glue Tar remover

Clayed with Bilt Hamber Soft Clay bar

Rinsed again

Car polished with a Rotary via a 3M light yellow polishing pad and Scholl S17+ Polish

Car then snow foamed again and rinsed to remove polish splatter and dust..Dried of again

Here are the results...It came up really well..The paint really was shining like a brand new car!

20130429_163410_zps76416f38.jpg

20130429_163349_zps91e49f8b.jpg

20130429_163337_zps1f8cad63.jpg

20130429_163315_zpsc38b9c77.jpg

20130429_163301_zps7efb6133.jpg

20130429_163247_zps1140a70c.jpg

20130429_163235_zps79dadbc4.jpg

20130429_163215_zps2aa985f2.jpg

20130429_163206_zpsa7dbee86.jpg

Fantastic.... Many thanks

You go onto my Xmas list.. Cheers

No worries, after all the help and advice you've offered it would have been rude not to :giggle:

BTW, still not given the BL the 'treatment' yet. I was due to give her a good seeing to last week but had a brick strike on the M5 over easter which left some nasty scratches and a small dent above the o/d headlight and it's only just been fixed, but plan is on wednesday...

snowfoam, AG shampoo, quick dry with a microfibre, tar remover, then G5 detox, next AG HD cleaner. if all ok after that no claying (Car's only 6 months old so I'm hoping I've not got to clay her). Got some poorboys black hole so might try that (how hard is it to put on by hand?) followed by AG HD wax. Engine bay will get some APC and AG vinyl and rubber seal, wheels might have to wait for another day depending on time as I intend to get them off and give 'em a good going over with bilberry cleaner, x iron finally using some black hole then bilberry wax on top. The insides fine as I did that a couple of weeks ago when the weather was pants.

Might have to have a bloke moment and get me a DA polisher if the above wears me out ;)

• Administrators

Some great work. I'd say that suzuki is a better finish than my bathroom mirror now.

How's the fund raising gone?

I know this is a dickensian anti-pattern buster, but it's for a good cause after all.

Do you need another month?