Octavia III Photos - no disguise

I think it is doing exactly what it was meant to do - create interest and controversy :).

The disguise is usually done in such a way as it is unobtrusive to the point that barely perceptible to a layman's eye yet it distorts the true look of the car sufficiently. It is an evolution as I wouldn't think it possible to disguise it was a complete redesign!

When I started that topic I thought it will die off after 5 posts :rofl:

go with the KIA Evening Star if that is what you want to do

my wife loves Kias

she has had 3 ex demo ones in the past 4 years

ex demo Soul 2 harsh ride with poor interior that does not wear well! fuel consumption no where near quoted figures

ex demo Picanto 3 even worse than the Soul on all counts eg interior quality and ride etc

ex demo Ceed better than the 2 above but again the interior is just not up to the task and the mpg was better than the other 2

it has to be said that she (the wife) loved all 3

we have a 7 year old and the interiors just did not stand up to him well at all with all the door panels where he sat getting full of scratches

I'm torn between a Golf Mk VII or Kia Sportage KX-4 Auto.

The Golf is £27,700, the Sportage which is a bigger car with 4WD + Sunroof, Bluetooth, Park Assist (inc Parking Sensors), Keyless Entry, Sat Nav etc, etc is £27,100 (that's a £2,800 discount!) with Metallic Paint & of course the ubiquitous 7 year warranty.

VW are offering £8,250 for my Octy, Kia £8k, I can't get an insurance quote for the Golf, the insurance for the Kia is just £250 fully comp.

I considered the kia auto but emmisions wouldnt allow it. Its pretty old techniology as the MPG penalty for having the auto is quite big. Drops from around 48mpg to 38mpg from manual to auto which is very poor considering a CX5 auto gets 50mpg. Even a toureg auto gets 38mpg so a smaller car with less cylinders should get more but it doesnt. Other than that its a very tempting car.

I still say this will almost look like the final product. You can see many similarities under all that tape.

skodaonvn.jpg

skodaovvv.jpg

That is a handsome car. The rear looks really tidy. I want to see the estate though. A lot of people moan about it being too similar to previous model but this is true of most successful cars as they dont want to rock the boat too much or alienate existing customers in the current model. BMW, VW, Audi and other all do this with their cars. Its always evolution rather than revolution. If you want drastic changes from model to model buy a citroen but the reason they keep changing the shape is because they havent made a succesful one yet.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

That ain't a rapid it's the mission L concept which is what the next octavia will be based on and going from the interior and exterior pictures it looks v v v v similar. Tha rapid was based on the vision D concept.

Pics of mission L and it's interior.

984AD80B-357C-4582-91D7-11C17AEA84DC-4320-0000022DA9510D1A.jpg

3BC384EA-22A5-4BE1-9CB2-936127ED1289-4320-0000022DA3345E06.jpg

80DFDCA5-AAF4-4817-A7F2-3F82443AF528-4320-0000022D9AAB6A69.jpg

That is a good pic as you can see from the overlapping bonnet line that the shut line has been lowered by disguise, and it looks like there is masking bringing up the lower bodywork over the lights too.

The downside to all that is that one thing I like about the potential new Octy was the thinner, angled headlights - but there's a good chance that they won't be like that at all, in which case I'm less fussed.....

skodaopkp.jpg

Wow. That is really nice. Far nicer than the saloon although the saloon is still tidy. If that is how it will look in production it will definately sell well. Looks similar to an A4 avant which is certainly no bad thing at all. Very nice.

@ketys

That looks really good, like the aggressive styling.

Where did you get that photo from? Was it p'chopped?

Thats a photoshopped Rapid / Mission L, the back end is all wrong for the Octy MK3.

• Like 1