Adam's MK1 Octavia vRS

Adamweal

imagepzr.jpg

It was like that before i got there i swear!..

the clutch going has got me in a bad mood so i thought i would do some bits to the car to get me interested again,

So i stripped off the front bumper and set about making the brackets up for the intercooler

imagetmwb.jpg

Sorry about the bad picture!

a little wonky but it fits fine it will do until i manage to find some more spare metal to make up some different brackets i just need to cut off them bits hanging down from the brackets finish painting the boost pipes and paint the brackets

so it all got removed again and put back to standard.. now i know that i dont need no more boost pipes so im nearly ready to fit the new manifold and intercooler :)

Oh and ordered up the clutch and flywheel today should be here on Thursday and then after working from 6:30am till 7:30pm today looks like i will be working late again on friday to get the clutch done.. im determined to not have to do it on Saturday!

so my clutch and flywheel arrived Thursday so Friday i set about sorting it all out.

So out came the gearbox, old clutch and flywheel, the clutch we nearly on the rivets so theres my problem.. while i was there i stripped off the sump to clean out the pick up pipe removed the pick up pipe... there was not one speck of dirt in it! damn wish i never took that sump off but at least i know its fine now :)

imagecaig.jpg

and then in with the new G60 flywheel and vr6 clutch

imagekuo.jpg

then after the clutch now not working at all after a few tests i found the slave cylinder to have failed... just my luck! i think this may have possibly been causing the slipping but the clutch was on its last legs anyway so i wasn't to angry about replacing it..

So back in on Saturday with a slave cylinder to fit got that all done took it for a drive to find i had no speedo... thats not good! whilst taking the gearbox out i got in a bad mood and pulled the plug on the speed pinion.. looks like ive broke it (idiot!) so then the car sat on my drive until tuesday when the new parts arrived

imagemoay.jpg

its now all working perfect! feels great to be driving it again!

and then i got a parcel today.. new stereo! :) so out with the Bluetooth hands free kit and JVC head unit and in with something a little better

imageste.jpg

I've put a lot of these units in cars at work so i know they are a good quality unit. This one has Radio, satnav, bluetooth, ipod, SD card reader, USB reader, reversing camera support, TV, and internet browser

So much better :)

• Like 2

yeah just about just wish this weather would clear up so i can drive the car properly! haha

i should be along to prept can you bring along a W8 Performance sticker for me rob please?

• Like 1

so my clutch and flywheel arrived Thursday so Friday i set about sorting it all out.

So out came the gearbox, old clutch and flywheel, the clutch we nearly on the rivets so theres my problem.. while i was there i stripped off the sump to clean out the pick up pipe removed the pick up pipe... there was not one speck of dirt in it! damn wish i never took that sump off but at least i know its fine now :)

imagecaig.jpg

and then in with the new G60 flywheel and vr6 clutch

imagekuo.jpg

then after the clutch now not working at all after a few tests i found the slave cylinder to have failed... just my luck! i think this may have possibly been causing the slipping but the clutch was on its last legs anyway so i wasn't to angry about replacing it..

So back in on Saturday with a slave cylinder to fit got that all done took it for a drive to find i had no speedo... thats not good! whilst taking the gearbox out i got in a bad mood and pulled the plug on the speed pinion.. looks like ive broke it (idiot!) so then the car sat on my drive until tuesday when the new parts arrived

imagemoay.jpg

its now all working perfect! feels great to be driving it again!

and then i got a parcel today.. new stereo! :) so out with the Bluetooth hands free kit and JVC head unit and in with something a little better

imageste.jpg

I've put a lot of these units in cars at work so i know they are a good quality unit. This one has Radio, satnav, bluetooth, ipod, SD card reader, USB reader, reversing camera support, TV, and internet browser

So much better :)

nice, whats the stereo Adam!

its a, A-Sure stereo they do fake genuine looking radios so it fits perfectly into the slot not sticking out or anything and clips in like a genuine one does too

Didn't realise prept was on this month, might have to pop along :)

Good to see you've got your car fixed Adam

bet its flipping freezing as always!

what are they like performance wise adam? ie pre outs, connectivity, and sound, also how expensive are they!

do look nice and oe!

Didn't realise prept was on this month, might have to pop along :)

Good to see you've got your car fixed Adam

i hope you have had your furby geetailed would look stunning at prept once done!

bet its flipping freezing as always!

what are they like performance wise adam? ie pre outs, connectivity, and sound, also how expensive are they!

do look nice and oe!

Its no fun if your not freezing! Haha only joking its too cold at the moment lol

Has loads of pre outs and ins full bluetooth audio and phone, sounds awesome and its pretty quick when im back on the computer i will pm a link it was only £255 but its gone back up to £289 now i think

It comes with the newest igo maps and speed camera alerts when you select a road it lists all the business' and the details of the business with phone numbers and all that come along to prept or something and i will show u it all :)

It comes with the newest igo maps and speed camera alerts when you select a road it lists all the business' and the details of the business with phone numbers and all that come along to prept or something and i will show u it all :)

ok dude its a date :happy:

Not had the geetail yet :( might wait until early Feb also running my temporary grille so looks a little odd. Might come up in my brothers Octy estate. Show off its nice purple and red dash :)

Whats happened to you grille then?