Adam's MK1 Octavia vRS

Adamweal

mini update! :)

best thing on this car at the moment...

imageavi.jpg

then a package of more hose clamps turned up :) so now have my braided fuel lines in too :) before anyone says, yes i do know one of the fuel pipes is missing the right angle bit... i may have kind of, sort of broken it! :( and then realised that we had just scrapped a car with them on at work! :wall:

imagehvuw.jpg

then off to prept tonight, was a good turn out

just a few pictures from tonight

imagedojm.jpg

imagehky.jpg

imageodh.jpg

sorry for the bad quality pictures as it was a mate that took them!

• Like 1

another little update..

somebody went and drilled some holes in my bodywork :sweat:

imagerxaq.jpg

then this appeared :rock:

imagejfy.jpg

i had it painted specially so i could get another place to put a sticker ;) haha only joking but i do think the sticker sets it right off :) thanks rob!

imagejwn.jpg

imagerpza.jpg

a bit more polishing is needed on the rocker cover tomorrow :)

• Like 3

Went over to see Clive @ cntuning yesterday on my way down to the new forest for him to do a smoke test for me

I have a couple little things to change..

Get a proper breather pipe one that isn't flimsy like my temp repair one (it was slightly leaking)

Re route the brake servo hose

Remove clean and refit the dipstick tube

Oh and fit my cntuning stickers

Clive gave me a week to get this all done otherwise he will take the p*** out of me on the forum apparently :( haha he is a great guy really does know his stuff! :)

• Like 2

Lol ;-) nice to meet you dude now stop playing bar man and get them bits sorted ha ha :-)

I wish i could mate! Its been a mad day down here too! So been working since 2 till just now :(

bays looking sick adam. i likey!

Thanks mate, a lot more work to be done yet! Hurry up and get yours all sorted and back on the road!

Who is this Bar Steward ?

null_zpsaac729da.jpg

We popped into Adams pub yesterday for a few of these.

null_zpsaa798d79.jpg

The Pub is the Plough Inn in Sway in the heart of the new forest. Would be awesome to have a Skoda meet there at some point.

• Like 1

null_zpsaac729da.jpg

null_zpsaa798d79.jpg

The Pub is the Plough Inn in Sway in the heart of the new forest. Would be awesome to have a Skoda meet there at some point.

We definitely need to organise something we have the car park for it! :)

Mmmm 1 for me please petey :)

Or adam :)

Or both ;)

Only if you buy me one first!

Ooooh! I'm off there tomorrow! :)

If you come down look out for me and say hi :)

null_zpsaac729da.jpg

null_zpsaa798d79.jpg

Oh yeah i forgot to say was that a Guinness pulled by me? ;) haha

Will do buddy :)

Some times my car will be parked up outside sometimes not all depends what time i get called in but i look forward to it!

right i have finaly started ticking off the list of bits clive gave me to do!

i have re routed the brake servo hose so there are no kinks and it is not near a hot boost pipe at the back of the engine!

tested my Forge 007 found that it is slightly leaking so i have a service kit on order for it

decided to take my fuel pump out and see if there was any signs of grit and bits blocking it up, there was hardly any grit in the tank which i find very strange. so i poured the contents of the pump into a tray

imageqykg.jpg

it looked like loads of bits of plastic so maybe the pump is breaking up, but anyway ive put it back in and it now seems to be running a lot better lets see how it goes!

right so rough running was gone for a bit but then came back again, i have another pump sitting in the rear footwell i just haven't got round to fitting it yet

serviced the DV as i dont think it has ever been serviced and what a difference to the drive that has made! it pulls much harder now and sounds a little different so must of been leaking.

i ordered some magic sponges from china the other week for 99p they arrived the other day so got to cleaning my steering wheel, even after seeing all the pictures of people doing it im amazed at how well it has come up! :)

imagexxb.jpg

then i decided i had, had enough of them stupid little bobble lights coming off my mirrors so i removed them drilled lots of little holes and fitted a strip of leds into the mirrors each led sits nicely through the holes and cannot be seen from the outside, not sure what they will be like in the dark yet though

imagezmvn.jpg

the old tatty aerial was getting on my nerves so..

out with the old

imageustn.jpg

in with the new

imageqndt.jpg

then time to get rid of the 3 weeks and 1000 miles worth of dirt! :peek:

imagegjxf.jpg

imagekiqe.jpg

good news is im still in love with the wheels! :)

• Like 2