Adam's MK1 Octavia vRS

Adamweal

Good effort mate - I remember that feeling when I bought my first car (Corsa GSi) with insurance at £2500. Everyone thought mummy and daddy helped, but I paid every penny of that mo fo.

Enjoy it B)

Yeah right pain when people think its the parents winds me right up but oh well i know and my friends know the truth

Looks awesome Adam, what spec is it?

Pretty high spec mate :)

3.0tdi manual

Ivory full leather

Xenons

Sat nav

Bluetooth

Privacy phone

6 cd changer

Mmi (or ami as audi say)

Hill hold (an awesome thing with electric hand brake but takes some getting used to!)

Dvd player

19" alloys rather than the crappy 18s haha

Auto lights and wipers

Auto dimming rear view mirrors

Electric folding wing mirrors

Nice audi Adam, don't bother buying house any way sold mine 6 months ago an gone into renting one saving me a fortune bud. Don't have to worry about boilers, roofs, fences etc.

Haha thanks mate i will see i like the idea of owning a house just maybe not yet one day maybe

• Like 1

Well done Adam

Good on you deserve a solid new car.

I remember when i had my civic all modded and people though parents had paid for it! I told them how many years id been saving and they simply gasped!

Id been working from 13yr old till 18 to save for a £750 quid civic, and mods.

Well done Adam

Good on you deserve a solid new car.

I remember when i had my civic all modded and people though parents had paid for it! I told them how many years id been saving and they simply gasped!

Id been working from 13yr old till 18 to save for a £750 quid civic, and mods.

Thanks :) cannot wait for air ride on this i dont have much patience so need to get the money together asap!

its pretty decent sound for a v6 diesel but my plan is for either a milltek and dpf delete, superspring and dpf delete or cut out the rear boxes and dpf delete, safe to say that dpf needs to go!

bearing in mind that the first also have a dpf delete, from what i have read a dpf delete is a must for a good sound, maybe i will do this first then decide on exhaust

begining to think i should start a new project thread as i started the mods today or shall i wait till i do something drastic... hmmm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

bit of a thread revival... its still alive! gave it a bit of a charge up on Saturday

IMG_38251_zps956b4737.jpg

Got some fuel, took it home and now its all ready for next weekend the rolling road day at AMD :) if i start to enjoy driving it again i may just have to keep it out for a bit longer ;)

IMG_38421_zps4d1feaa7.jpg

Intercooler sprayed black? I no this because of instagram lol

yup thats the one, unsure if i prefer gloss black or matte black yet though but will give it a polish up tomorrow and see but i did forget to get the brackets off to paint   :wall: may have to leave them till next week i can redo the cooler if i dont like gloss then too

• 2 months later...

so walbro fuel pump was fitted yesterday, car is running a lot better now! and feels like it has its power back! :)

bonnet struts arrived but they came with self tapping ball studs for the wing bolts ad97.jpg

so as im impatient i had a play around with what i got, first try didn't work but second try worked perfect so i now have one strut fitted and a m6 ball stud on order to do the other side, the one strut that is fitted works fine to hold the bonnet up but does not push it up on its own :)

j45h.jpg

decat has now been ordered and i am sorting out a piper non resonated exhaust :)

Hello! Nice ride! I want to ask you what is the force of the shock absorber and the lenght of it? Tks!

• 2 weeks later...

amazingly the kit i got is still on ebay here they do push the bonnet up pretty well but i have no idea of the lengh without going and measuring them

Edited by Adamweal

• 3 weeks later...

Reading through your thread and suddenly realised this is the car that reminded me I wanted a vrs a few months ago and now I have my mk1 black magic vrs. I was picking up I assume your neighbours fiat 500 for a recall and yours was parked infront their driveway, lovely car.

Reading through your thread and suddenly realised this is the car that reminded me I wanted a vrs a few months ago and now I have my mk1 black magic vrs. I was picking up I assume your neighbours fiat 500 for a recall and yours was parked infront their driveway, lovely car.

thanks man! yeah Alex next door has the fiat 500, strange car he somehow lost his number plates recently  :rofl: