Adam's MK1 Octavia vRS

Adamweal

Looks stunning buddy

But surely the caliper is fecked ???

nah it was the bottom slider on the N/S like an idiot i didn't check it when changing the pads i have freed it up cleaned it up and copper greased it it works fine now but when i have left it parked for a bit it sticks until i move it so will take the carrier off tomorrow to double check its all properly clean

• 4 weeks later...

took a little trip up London last night with a few mates, none of us really knowing how to properly use a camera and the proper camera ran out of battery before we even started! so didn't manage to get batteries until just before we went into Canary Wharf. so we drove around got a few pictures and found a few locations for my photo shoot I've got soon ;)

Waterloo Graffiti tunnel

m0iu.jpg

9i7k.jpg

zgxg.jpg

n8k1.jpg

dwlg.jpg

rym7.jpg

London Eye

0la1.jpg

pkzj.jpg

ycpe.jpg

mgjq.jpg

g8fl.jpg

Canary Wharf

r21z.jpg

2b8j.jpg

u1xv.jpg

dqbe.jpg

seeing some of these pictures has really made me realise i need to go lower! have thought about air ride but think that will be too much work that i cba to do so thinking coilovers is the way forward and maybe a new set of wheels just need to figure out how much my wheels are worth and what wheels i want :)

• Like 3

so finally a proper update!

this happened...

wdyi.jpg

to35.jpg

lowered it down to the ground and it sat like this at the rear

4bv5.jpg

i was going no where so raised the rear up till i had about 8mm to go and put it down, that seemed right the fronts was pretty high but decided to leave them until they had settled then adjust everything, so copper greased all the threads and kicked it out the workshop

ci1j.jpg

got home and the front sat a lot lower, looked great! the rear was very slightly catching the tyre on the arch so raised that up to the max but it still sits really low! 

xx60.jpg

just ordered some 3mm spacers so i can lower the front down some more to match the rear :)

the car had started to play up in the cold weather when first started in the morning it would splutter and cut out when trying to pull away and a very slight pulsating boost i had put this down to the TIP keep coming off so had spoke to forge and they sent me out a new clamp so got that fitted but still did not trust it, this got rid of the pulsating boost but not the cold start problem but i had noticed the DV had started to stick a little on first use so i swapped over to the original DV and it started fine so had a good look at the DV and the piston although greased up on its service was very hard to move so swapped back the the original piston from before the service and it worked perfect so i have now swapped back to the forge DV :)

had looking around and getting really frustrated with my TIP problem! speaking to a few people and lloyd said to me there is 2 different types one for the golf 1.8t and one for the AUQ engine, the AUQ engine one had a longer tail and one more port for a breather or suction spray system (cant remember now).. i took a look at mine and... no extra port obviously on fitting i had done all the deletes and did not need this port so it didn't occur to me it was different it had come from a mate of mine he had it fitted to his octavia so i think the shorter tail on this one is where i am having my problem so time for a new one! :(

o7hi.jpg

today i decided to stick on some new stickers

74ap.jpg

decided to take the BHP > MPG sticker off the battery box and it had stuck well! it took a little bit of the paint off! so have ordered some more paint to redo that too :)

i1db.jpg

think thats all for now... enjoy ;)

• Like 2

My TIP has never done this... got it from creation motorsport. If anything it is too long and made fitting the CAI a pita

There is different types i was sold the one for the 150bhp engine which is apparently shorter when looking it looks like it has been hacked down too i bought it second hand off a mate who had it on his octavia but obviously didnt realise there was a difference. You wont have this problem as i would imagine you bought the correct one advertised for your car from creations i was gonna buy a creations one and them heard bad stories about them collapsing under load but thinking about it im pretty sure clive said these forge ones do that too when i see him.. Hmmm

Started following you on insta yesterday, nice motor :)

Thanks mate :) any new things normally go out on instagram first before I get on a computer to put on here :)

wicked looks mental!! what are they dont look like prosports to me!!!!

thanks dude! no not prosports but still cheap and cheerful! FK Streets. my mate got them in his bora, lowered to about where i wanted mine and the ride was pretty good so i had a look around for the ones for the vrs with the droplink mount on £180 cant go wrong and so much better ride quality than springs! cant wait for my spacers to bring the front down a little more and then maybe camber the rear ;)

i have to FK streets and a love them, good ride quality and overall good quality!

yeah, im not sure about yours but im not taking the helpers out the front and not slamming it right the way down, i can see thats when the ride will suffer so for me up in the sky the ride is fine :) got any pictures of the rear of yours mine sits super low even though they are all the way up!

Yeah i havent taken the helpers out either!

Front is 4 Threads left on the bottoms

Rear is 4 Threads left on the bottoms

You did change over the rubber spring seats on the new ones right? 

WP_20131115_004_zps5694d303.jpg