APR Announces: 2012 Remap Challenge!

So this is essentially a "try before you buy" system from APR in the same way as Revo's half an hour trial remap used to be?

But without the road test jsut a dyno? or can a road test happen too?

Those with a stock car will find this attractive, those with already mapped cars will probably pass?

We have free, 6-hour trial software available as well, depending on the car, engine and ECU. :)

APR didn't used to be about this top-end more-bhp willy-waving pub-talk nonsense, that was left to Revo.

Oh how times change *sigh*

In principle it sounds interesting but if I'd paid for a map from a company and I wasn't happy, I'd be heading back their way to get it sorted! If someone is so confident that their map is better then how are they managing that? Are they pushing things harder simply to make things feel quicker and possibly putting additional strain on components? It's easy to make things 'feel' quicker or actually be quicker buts about more than just that surely? Surely a test drive is far more important than dyno figures?! Anyone can achieve big figures. ;-)

It's not about peak performance, it's about the overall driving experience. As you read in the advert, you have 30 days to keep the software and if you don't like it, then you can return it--this is true of all our remaps, not just those in the remap challenge. I've seen our regular production files outperform those of our competitors on the rr, while maintaining smooth, daily drivability and reliability. No additional strain or stress to the engine required! But let's face it, most enthusiasts out there that want more power and if they happen to see gains with our software then that sounds good to me!

True, it would be a good way to collect lots of maps from different tuners Evan. I see your point.

For me it's 180 miles round trip to get a car reflashed for free.

So I'll pass. :)

Sounds an awesome idea in principle. If you didn't want the APR map tho I can't see too many people being happy to drive off with their car back to stock feeling sluggish as hell plus thinking "oh cr@p now I have to go to the hassle if getting this mapped again!". If you are fairly sure you want to swap to an APR map anyhow then it seems a good deal tho

Would this be open to tuning box users as well as flashed remapped cars?

Can you elaborate on the type of tuning box you mean? As far as I see it... Whatever method you use to tune your vehicle, as long as you can prove its remapped, via receipt, invoice or tuning box, it's all fair game.

Can you elaborate on the type of tuning box you mean? As far as I see it... Whatever method you use to tune your vehicle, as long as you can prove its remapped, via receipt, invoice or tuning box, it's all fair game.

TMC Motorsports tuning box.

Been rolling roaded with ITG Maxogen (graph avaliable) @ 211 bhp.

Would this be enough proof?

I dont think this is aimed atthe people wqho are happy with their remaps. IMO it lookd to be aimed at the guys who are already considering a chnage in remap but reluctant because of the cost.

I went through 2 remaps on my Octavia, and have had 3 on my Fabia. It was offers like this that persuaded me to change, otherwise i would have stayed running the originals.

And the reason i posted reposted this in the fabia II section was because i know guys just like vRS Powered who are running TMC boxes and plan to change to a remap eventually, but as mentioned above, don't think its worth the full price of changing, whereas now, it makes a whole lot more sense.

Can you list remap prices for typical skoda remaps?

No problem Chorlton. Kindly find our retail prices below. If I'm missing any engines, please don't hesitate to let me know; our diesel catalogue is very small at the moment, but it will be growing soon--apologies to those TDI customers out there that cannot take advantage of this. When we release software for your engine, if you wish to email me, I'm sure we could arrange a similar offer for you at the time. :)

1.4TFSI: £478.80 inc. VAT

2.0TFSI/TSI: £598.80 inc. VAT

2.0TDI CR140: £478.80 inc. VAT

A full list of our Skoda catalgoue can be found here: http://www.goapr.co....?category=Skoda

I think this is an excellent deal for people wanting to swap, this is going to get a lot of interest from 1.4tsi owners, TMC box to APR remap is going to be free by the time they sell on their TMC! Also for people with revo software still having misfires!

it is a shame that they are not offering this to people with stock non tuned cars :think:

Agree because at that price I would have considered it even though I wasn't planning on doing mine for a while but I if the choice is based on the products at their non discounted price then I would stick with what I have used before as there's no incentive to change.

Out of interest, is this offer available to the Octavia Tfsi K04/S3 conversion from an existing supplier, if so how much is it?

We do offer K04 software by itself and that would qualify--we would need to verify that your modifications will work with our software as it was developed for the setup of our K04 kits. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing or emailing me your mod list I will check this for you. Regular retail price is £499 exc. VAT and it would be half of that.

<p>

Agree because at that price I would have considered it even though I wasn't planning on doing mine for a while but I if the choice is based on the products at their non discounted price then I would stick with what I have used before as there's no incentive to change.

APR upgrade to stage 2 and 2+ for free if you already have stage 1 APR software, or you swap to APR you wont have to pay any upgrade fees for further software stages. iirc REVO charge £50+ VAT for each upgrade, and other companies on this forum charge £100 for each upgrade.I see you have a Golf R, i had their demo Golf R and ill tell you, it is immense. Plus it was half a second quicker against the equivalent Golf R REVO stage 2+ guys as well, and lets be fair, half a second over a 1/4 mile is a huge margin.I dread to think how quick it is now with their stage 3 setup