Steering guru's look here!

Trev.

I have an issue with my steering!

I got new console bushes in may, a 4 wheel laser alignment was done at this point.

I have just had another 4 wheel alignment done as the car has been lowered on eibachs, all tyre pressures are ok, no struts are leaking.

Now the issue, my car has a severe left dive, if i let the steering wheel go the car instantly dives to the left, alot!

The car drives fine but ive had this issue for months now, had it before the bushes were fitted and before it was lowered!

What the hell could it be?

fabia naturally steers left.

I think I read somewhere (age old thread) that its something to do with the rear wheels which cant be adjusted someway or another, shim plates? needed to be put in place to correct it. Or that could be the inherent uneven wear issue. If I find the thread again I'll let you know. Else im sure someone with memory better than a sieve will come and point you in the right direction.

I watched them do it, my mates a tech there and he done it, all was green and with in te parameters, but still the same, toe was out but we sorted that! The dive left is even worse at slower speeds!

Mine isn't as bad the original poster has said his Is, does anyone get the same happening if they need to brake sharply and suddenly

Yep, I do but, only under extreme braking. There is no pull at any other time. It improved for a little while after new pads and discs were fitted but soon came back, weird, don't understand what the reason is but, I have learned to drive around it.

Trev, speak to the guys at Pro Grip in Bonnyrigg I had a similar issue with my First Fabia after fitting cupra bushes, I checked everything over and couldn't pinpoint it, the guys at pro grip did several checks and made wee adjustments to the consoles themselves. And it never did it again (even when the new owner kerbed it 2weeks later!)

I bet they did bushed with removed console. Since that they changed caster and its un-even and that what cause your problem. Do you have a printout from previous alignment? If you do - post it. I will read thru it. Otherwise I would assume they done tracking only, so you wasted money insead having it done correctly.

Trev, speak to the guys at Pro Grip in Bonnyrigg I had a similar issue with my First Fabia after fitting cupra bushes, I checked everything over and couldn't pinpoint it, the guys at pro grip did several checks and made wee adjustments to the consoles themselves. And it never did it again (even when the new owner kerbed it 2weeks later!)

Where are they in boomtown?

Wider wheels cause more tramlining.....following the road.......

Also the whole subframe/console can be moved about 3mm in each direction........enough to make a difference.......see my post on bolt torques..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/165720-fabia-nut-and-bolt-tightening-torques/

my car does this! Ever since eltie in Rainham( Dont ever go there) moved my subframe and touched my caster positions..

I have been to few garages with Hunter Aliginment system and they say the cant adjust my casters due to how low my car is :S

So begs the question How did Elite do it!! hmmmmmm

so im looking at getting my subframe moved back and my caster checked!!!

I will let you the out come!