Your username

lozgti

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Commander of Saruman's Uruk-hai?

yep :) Not a troll, but not intending to fully fit in :). Of course theres been little said about the old skodas for me to object to :(. So i'm kind of a bit redundant really :)

David

Simple really: surname is Maccawley and I owned a leon Cupra R.

Had to sell the R, baby and rear seat and boot room needed, so now its an A6 (the Mrs was dead set against a Skoda snob... :finger: :P )

Guess I should change to MaccasA6. Keep nosing on here cos its the best car forum I've found :D:rofl:

Years ago, I was often referred to by a chinese female colleague as "Gwi-Lo".

As a friendly bit of teasing, not the usual name-calling sort of application.

I find that it increasingly reflects my increasing sense of dislocation and distance , my perception (or indeed desire) to be the outsider looking in on a culture and how some in that culture perceive me.

I don't mind, as long as it's never meant with any malice.

Mines a nic I use for neary all my online stuff, like gaming etc. I started using it when I played Quake3. I wanted a name that wasn't to pretentious but at the same time would be remembered. i.e. it doesn't look or sound to bad but can do quite a bit of damage!

It a bit easier to remember than H4\/\/\/\/53r or something like that!!!!!!

Useless Fact:-

According to the Geneva convention hollowpoint ammunition is illegal on the battlefield. However, special forces such as the SAS, are allowed to use them during anti-terrorist operations due to their enormous stopping power compared to FMJ's.

Mine's pretty dull too - Scooby as when I joined' date=' I had a Scooby ;)

Chris[/quote']

Yes but what does the Chris bit mean? :confused: :P

Years ago' date=' I was often referred to by a chinese female colleague as "Gwi-Lo".

As a friendly bit of teasing, not the usual name-calling sort of application.

I find that it increasingly reflects my increasing sense of dislocation and distance , my perception (or indeed desire) to be the outsider looking in on a culture and how some in that culture perceive me.

I don't mind, as long as it's never meant with any malice.[/quote']

I don't even know what it means (and I've tried Google). If I hadn't seen your picture, I'd never have known you were not white Caucasian Anglo-Saxon, nor would I care!

My mates used to call me the man (as some sort of joke I assume) so I used to sign e-mails Chris The Man (and my surname)

I played Black Hawk Down online and when I signed up there was already a Theman 1-6.

So I became the man 7

Mine breaks down as follows:

RO is a nod to Romanian heritage.

BMA is for the British Medical Association, and I've done some medical work in the past which was approved by them.

WER, being German for Who, which is a question most of us have probably asked of ourselves at one point or another...

Rob.

BMA is for the British Medical Association' date=' and I've done some medical work in the past which was approved by them.

WER, being German for Who, which is a question most of us have probably asked of ourselves at one point or another...

Rob.[/quote']

and there's me thinking it was your name :rolleyes:

:eek: you a pikey Rob

Sure you posted a pic in suit and tie.A posh medically trained Romany gypsy :thumbup::D

(referring to Gwilo's username)

I don't even know what it means (and I've tried Google). If I hadn't seen your picture' date=' I'd never have known you were not white Caucasian Anglo-Saxon, nor would I care![/quote']

I've seen it spelled more often as gwai loh - in Cantonese it sounds like "foreign devil" or "foreign ghost". In Hong Kong it's used as a slang term for Europeans.

(referring to Gwilo's username)

I've seen it spelled more often as gwai loh - in Cantonese it sounds like "foreign devil" or "foreign ghost". In Hong Kong it's used as a slang term for Europeans.

Correct. Not exactly leaving up to your name though with that bit of research? ;)

It wasn't how she spelt it out to me, though I might have misheard at the time. And she never corrected me either. For 3 years.

Chavyboy - When I used to go to secondary school many years back we used to have a bunch of pikeys in the school, when they spoke to you they would say "Allright Chavyboy" so it kinda stuck :D