First used Rapid on Autotrader

Problem is all the dealer demo cars for the new Rapid seem to be well specced SE models, rather than the Elegance which wasn't being built yet at the time. (or something like that).

So they are all loaded with kit and crazy prices because of it.

WOW. That is a hell of a lot of money for a car that size. My blackline estate was only £1000 more with supaguard, false boot floor, spare wheel, boot liner and floor mats, mud guards, gap insurance and a couple of other bits and pieces.

The Superb looks good tho.

hmm, only 500 miles when available in feb 2013?

obviously not expecting much interest and test drives then, not even a sales person wanting to use it as a poo(l) car then

speaks volumes

i don't think they can discount the price much or they will undercut the price of the current octavia and then be left with a load of old model octavia's they can't give away when they launch the new octavia next year at its new higher price

also don't forget the model in showrooms are loaded with just about the whole option list regardless of it is good value

Edited by bluecar1

I dont get it half way between a fabia and octavia with the price of a superb?

It'll make more sense when the new models come out over the next few years.

As the old ones are still on sale at big discounts it makes very little sense.

• Like 1

also don't forget the model in showrooms are loaded with just about the whole option list regardless of it is good value

also dont forget they usually don't throw these extras in for free. likely to charge youu full retail price.

There's a couple more on Autotrader now, including this one which is starting to look quite good value. 1.6 TDI Elegance with sports seats, 17in wheels, sat nav £17,000:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211294444394/sort/default/usedcars/model/rapid/make/skoda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/tr115ge/quicksearch/true/radius/1501/advert-type/standard-listing?logcode=ucnnp

You would have to be mad to buy that when, as said, you can get a run out Octavia VRS Blackline VAT free for around the same money with three years free servicing. The current Octavia is an excellent car and I can't see the new Octy being all that much better. It is also going to be significantly more expensive than the current cars so I have read. However my crystal ball says that the Rapid will be a fairly slow seller at these prices so I suspect Skoda will start offering deals on them before too long. The Fabia VRS mk 2 was slow to sell at list when it came out so incentives where launched fairly quickly.

Edited by Matt Bodycombe
  • Like 1

There's a couple more on Autotrader now, including this one which is starting to look quite good value. 1.6 TDI Elegance with sports seats, 17in wheels, sat nav £17,000:

http://www.autotrade...g?logcode=ucnnp

That does look good value when you look at this one!

http://www.johnmulhollandmotors.com/skoda/view-used/3011/2012-skoda-rapid-16-tdi-elegance-105ps

Saw one in the flesh for the first time today - decent size, quality is not up to my Octy FL, but is slightly better than the current Fabia.

My test of space is to set the drivers seat to my favoured driving position, then see how much legroom is behind ----- loads a room.

Seats quite firm, nice black with red stitching the model i saw had no rear electric windows, a possible option if they do a vRS version to replace my car in about 2-3 years.

• Like 1

Been speaking to a few taxi drivers who are thinking about getting these in to replace some old Octavia's. They are impressed with it so if its good enough to be used as a Taxi they must be good enough for anything else!

Been speaking to a few taxi drivers who are thinking about getting these in to replace some old Octavia's. They are impressed with it so if its good enough to be used as a Taxi they must be good enough for anything else!

taxi drivers will love it for rear leg room and huge boot,

they will ignore its tacky interior plastics etc which are the main complaints noted on here

Prices now ranging from £15475 to £19995, big difference there, can't see £4000 worth of extras!

From £15475? I thought the advert says from £12900?

I've also seen an advert for the seat telodo and starting price is less than the rapid, about £12.5k! I wonder which would hold value better.

• 3 weeks later...

From £15475? I thought the advert says from £12900?

I've also seen an advert for the seat telodo and starting price is less than the rapid, about £12.5k! I wonder which would hold value better.

Then you will have the New Jetta which is the same as the Rapid and Toledo. The toledo will hold its value slightly better as there are still morons out there who dont rate the skoda badge