Just been out for a blast....

Furbytom

Having been getting itchy feet lately to maybe change the vRS for something else (will be 2 years old in a few months)....

However, have just been out to wash the Furby then taken him for a cross country blast in the sunshine. Flicking up and down the 'box with the paddles, listening to the Milltek growling behind me with plenty of pops/bangs on full throttle up-changes. Supercharger/turbo whistling and wooshing away in the cold crisp air - a little slice of motoring heaven!

Can't think of another new car I could get at the mo which would deliver this without spending alot more tbh. Was thinking of crossing over to the dark side and getting a BMW but I think I'll stick with the Furby awhile longer!

• Like 3

I know exactly what you mean... Mine is three years old and out of warranty next sept.. I was thinking about what I could replace it with next year.... And I doubt there will be anything that can offer twin clutch paddles, and that sort of power for that sort of money....

I may just buy a new warrenty to cover the DSG.... Keep the car, and enjoy :)

• Like 1

Had my vrs 9 months, despite enjoying it getting concerned on oil usage issues affecting future values etc. Changed it for a mint 3 year old 125i coupe. It's brilliant, by far the best car ever owned. The 3 liter engine sounds brilliant and the build quality is superb.

Had my vrs 9 months, despite enjoying it getting concerned on oil usage issues affecting future values etc. Changed it for a mint 3 year old 125i coupe. It's brilliant, by far the best car ever owned. The 3 liter engine sounds brilliant and the build quality is superb.

Four year old ones seem to cost about the same as a new vRS.

I know what you mean. Last month the new car excitement all but went. A mate had got an Audi 3.0 TDI he'd mapped to apparently 300bhp. I got a bit envious even though outright power isn't what I've always looked for and spent a few hours this week scouring PH classifieds to see what's about. Can't afford to change yet but already thinking. GT86? M135i? This would be in a few years when prices drop.

But then I was coming back from picking my dad up from the pub he always wants to go for a spin somewhere. Wasn't really in the mood as it was late so thought I'd cross the bridge to Llanelli do a quick lap and come home. But I didn't. I kept going all the way up the A484 to Carmarthen, across the A40, joined the B4300 and back through the small roads I know back home. Was gone well over an hour but the car felt fantastic and I just wanted to keep going. I started loving the car again for the reasons I bought it. It's looking really unloved at the moment as I haven't had a chance to wash it since after Castle Combe.

My car will be 3 years old come feb 2014, Insurance will be up for renewal August 2013 in which I will be selling my fabia before insurance is due, simply being I do not trust this car one bit.

Ever since the engine was replaced back in January this year, the gearbox has failed me which was replaced too, spark plugs & coils were an issue with misfires and so on.

Don't get me wrong it's been trouble free since modifying & the car is great but still doesn't fill me with 100% confidence. Wouldn't like the bill if the engine or gearbox ever bit the dust again. :)

For me the logical step up from a vRS is an Audi S3,manual or auto as you wish,the're a great car.

The problem is that you either pay a lot more for a new or newish example or go for one quite a few years old.

There's probably a 90% chance I won't be driving Skoda next simply because I want to broaden my horizons a bit. If I keep this vRS for the 3 years I planned to it means I've pedalled Skodas for at least 7 years and including the Polo, VAG for 8 years. That's way too long. Parents want a Yeti next so I'd still have at least one Skoda in the family

Yeah I'll have it although when the new Fabia VRS comes out there, will there be NO VAT deals on it? Who knows. I wonder how many will pay full whack for it.

Going off looks (obviously not seen the new fabia but can imagine it looks like a smaller Rapid) ill be buyer the girlfriend the Fiesta over the Fabia

I feel the need..... the need...... for an M 135i..haha! Straight-six 3.0 turbo, 320bhp, 0-60 in 4.9sec with the 8-speed auto, RWD.... It's good to dream! Think I will continue with the Furby for another 6-12 month's and then when I can stand it no more whack in my order! ;-)

Some good cars mentioned, the new Clio, 135i, gt86 ect....

I don't know about the OP reasons for posting , but my reasons are , wanting a similar new car, for similar money! None of the mentioned cars fit the bill, they are all way more expensive, or you are buying one several years old.... (haven't looked at the new fiesta, but after having new fords with the aa driving school, and the massive problems with them , 4 new focuses in 3 months, I don't trust the reliability!

Only things I can think of, are next gen fabia vRS, rapid vRS (maybe too expensive) , or at a push, give up the gearbox and look at mapping am up! GT ......

Only things I can think of, are next gen fabia vRS, rapid vRS (maybe too expensive) , or at a push, give up the gearbox and look at mapping am up! GT ......

I really like the Up! (especially in black) and see the GT as the spiritual successor to the Lupo GTi - however, I always leave my cars standard, so not sure about the drop in power (mind you, the way I pootle about 90% of the time a 105PS 1.2TSI would be more than adequate).

I'd take a 130 Coupe in a heartbeat but given my limited mileage I'm not prepared to lay that sort of cash out.

vRS suits my needs perfectly - paid for it cash so money set aside for an extended warranty.

not for me... I still use my car for drivivng instruction, use it for work,I need a new one, want the manufacturers warrenty, free dueals, ect, want a replacement.. besided even nearing the time of changing I'm only at 40 k! I deffo wouldn't want to start at 40k.....

I may wait for the next fabia vRS..... for sure the replacement would have to be better than what I currently have for the money..... the clio fits the bill, but will be too expensive.... the rapid fits the bill but will (likley) be too expensive...

I'm not against downsizing to an UP! GT, but...... I dont want to give up the gearbox! I love the DSG!

if I was just buying a car for personal use and a short commute to a "usual" place of work (I'm often sent around on work) I would certainly look at all the cars mentioned in this thread... maybe other better hot hatches for me, like the renaultsport megane (That would be HIGH on my list) ...... but I couldn't insure that as a driving school car! lol....

BMW 130i hatch would be pretty awesome and they are quite cheap now. 335i another contender!

Funny, I can't stand the hatch, but love the coupe (even though some say the styling is ungainly from certain angles).

Ive been getting cold feet with the Fabia for ages. My missus wants me to have a normal car and a cheap trackday car. So thats probably the route ill follow, but i cant just have a run of the mill normal car because it would bore me to death.

I really like the Rapid and if the vRS looks anything like this id buy it.

skoda_rapid_rs_by_marko0811-d5ju9nl.jpg

Thats provided it retains a decent petrol engine that is. If it stays 1.4TSi i could go straight to stage 3 and transfer all the chassis mods straight across.... then buy a track car lol. Not sure thats what the missus was after though

I'd take a 130 Coupe in a heartbeat but given my limited mileage I'm not prepared to lay that sort of cash out.

vRS suits my needs perfectly - paid for it cash so money set aside for an extended warranty.

No such thing as a 130i coupe in the UK unfortunately. Only a 125i coupe or the awesome 135i.... :-)

No such thing as a 130i coupe in the UK unfortunately. Only a 125i coupe or the awesome 135i.... :-)

Sorry! It's the 135 I'm thinking of - remember Clarkson giving it a cracking review in the Sunday Times when it was launched. The BMW numbering system is too confusing for a simpleton like myself!

Sorry! It's the 135 I'm thinking of - remember Clarkson giving it a cracking review in the Sunday Times when it was launched. The BMW numbering system is too confusing for a simpleton like myself!

Haha no worries! 135 is quite a machine, remap that beast and you'll have a serious M3-botherer ;-)

Ive been getting cold feet with the Fabia for ages. My missus wants me to have a normal car and a cheap trackday car. So thats probably the route ill follow, but i cant just have a run of the mill normal car because it would bore me to death.

I really like the Rapid and if the vRS looks anything like this id buy it.

skoda_rapid_rs_by_marko0811-d5ju9nl.jpg

Thats provided it retains a decent petrol engine that is. If it stays 1.4TSi i could go straight to stage 3 and transfer all the chassis mods straight across.... then buy a track car lol. Not sure thats what the missus was after though

If it looks anything like that I will be straight down the dealers ;)