Wireless Headphones

MartynVRS

Since I want something different I've made another thread

Want a pair for my PC as I use headphones all the time. Currently have a pair of Sennheisers that are good but the problem is I often get the lead caught and I'm worried I'm going to break something. Since The headphones would only be used on the PC it would make sense.

But are they any good and what should I bee looking for? Wouldn't mind noise cancellation too but Bose is way out of my budget. Are there alternatives? They have to be headphones large enough so the phones actually go round my ear like the Sennheisers currently do.

I think I have the same ones with the charging cradle mine have never worked crackly as hell would have thought I paid £5 for them now what I actually did! Any tricks to get them to work better/??

RS 110 mine are now I looked very not happy with mine tbh assumed something was interfering with them never worked out what. 2 years old now.

Just had. Look and they're HDR 160.

They do a model up that comes with a charging cradle rather than a charging wire, but I didn't think it was worth the extra outlay.

The Rs 160 looks to be the same to me.

Hth

Ah I see. What's sound quality like? I'm not actually bothered about the range as long as it works well within 5m2 of the station.

I had a pair of senheisers a while back. They were awful. They didn't hold a charge for the length of a long fillum and kept losing signal from 3M away. So you get to an atmospheric point in your fillum, the dramatic violins are playing and KKKCCRRRRRRSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Batteries gone again. Along with my eardrums. Then if I hadn't used them for a while I hated waiting til they'd charged up again.

I now have a pair of £20 Sony cinema phones with a 5metre cord and they're commendable.

Before I start, I do like S-H headphones, I'm not hating on them. My current sets are S-H and I'm very pleased with them.

I think I have the same ones with the charging cradle mine have never worked crackly as hell would have thought I paid £5 for them now what I actually did! Any tricks to get them to work better/??

RS 110 mine are now I looked very not happy with mine tbh assumed something was interfering with them never worked out what. 2 years old now.

Same - not great signal even from about 6-8 foot away from the transmitter. Not sure what model mine were, but the RS110's look the same. Replaced with a set of HD205s which I love!

I had a pair of senheisers a while back. They were awful. They didn't hold a charge for the length of a long fillum and kept losing signal from 3M away. So you get to an atmospheric point in your fillum, the dramatic violins are playing and KKKCCRRRRRRSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Batteries gone again. Along with my eardrums. Then if I hadn't used them for a while I hated waiting til they'd charged up again.

I now have a pair of £20 Sony cinema phones with a 5metre cord and they're commendable.

I never had an issue with the batteries in mine, but it did loose signal a lot. After * minutes of a playing it would cut out. Unplug/'reboot' the headphones and they'd be fine (with static!) for another * minutes, so not the batteries either.

Do these operate at 2.4GHZ, if they do then there is the interference problem. Bluetooth, Wireless Routers, Car Keyfobs DECT cordless phones, Wireless keyboards etc. all operate in the 2.4GHZ band and can interfere with your wireless headphones. This is why I have an expensive set of wired headphones, with a VERY long cable so I can walk around the lounge listening to them.

The HDR 160, 170 and 180 use different technology to the 110 and Bluetooth cans. That was something I checked as I was very concerned about poor sound quality.

With wi-fi, a microwave a dect phone and goodness knows what else mine are crystal clear, sound quality is very good and they hold at charge fine. When you kill the batteries they are just a pair of AA NiMH cells, which is handy.

Hope that helps.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went for the 180's in the end. Parents put money towards it to make it a Christmas present. Have to say they are superb. Plug and play and music clarity is fantastic. I thought my last pair of Sennheisers were good but these are even better. My only notes are that because of their open design if you have them up loud then others can hear what you're listening to but this is a small price to pay. Range is good and the station is within a foot of my wireless router and wherever my tablet works with Internet so does this and when I go into the extension they go out of range. Technically the range should be fine but being an old house I'm sure there's almost a Faraday cage effect. Once you go outside there's no signal.

I have noticed it picks up all the good bits but also any bad bits of audio too. You notice it on low quality Youtube clips but only a minor niggle. Haven't tested battery life yet but they've been on my head for 3 hours and no problems yet. Very happy

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I got a set of senheiser ones for when one of us has to work and the other wants to watch a film.

Excellent things.

Had to read that twice, thought you said "for when one of us has to talk and the other wants to watch a film." lol

Went for the 180's in the end. Parents put money towards it to make it a Christmas present. Have to say they are superb. Plug and play and music clarity is fantastic. I thought my last pair of Sennheisers were good but these are even better. My only notes are that because of their open design if you have them up loud then others can hear what you're listening to but this is a small price to pay. Range is good and the station is within a foot of my wireless router and wherever my tablet works with Internet so does this and when I go into the extension they go out of range. Technically the range should be fine but being an old house I'm sure there's almost a Faraday cage effect. Once you go outside there's no signal.

I have noticed it picks up all the good bits but also any bad bits of audio too. You notice it on low quality Youtube clips but only a minor niggle. Haven't tested battery life yet but they've been on my head for 3 hours and no problems yet. Very happy

How are you both getting on with the Sennheisers? Is there any latency from what you see on screen and what you actually hear (lip sync issues).

SWMBO gets annoyed when she's upstairs trying to get to sleep and I'm downstairs watching a movie so considering these

Bose in a new year sale?

I wondered what the fuss was about Bose then I got a pair B)

Mine aren't cordless or noise cancelling though, got 'em for £60.

Agree with you about the around-the-ear phones. I had some Senneiser on-ear phones and found them uncomfortable after 15min. I can wear those Bose for hours at work.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had to read that twice, thought you said "for when one of us has to talk and the other wants to watch a film." lol

How are you both getting on with the Sennheisers? Is there any latency from what you see on screen and what you actually hear (lip sync issues).

SWMBO gets annoyed when she's upstairs trying to get to sleep and I'm downstairs watching a movie so considering these

Had no issues with mine and mine are several years old now. All I've done is replace the ear covers as they were getting a bit dirty. No lip sync issues but if the volume is at maximum on the headphones and there's no noise at parts of what your watching or listening to you hear the headphones drop signal slightly to save on battery presumably which can get annoying. All you do is turn the headphones down a bit then the source up. Changed batteries as they'd been in so long as a precaution and they were still lasting 15+ hours on a charge.

My missus loves these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Psyc-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone/B00NHQ1198/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483094091&sr=8-1&keywords=wave+s1+headphones

Given to her by my daughter, she's now ditched her other set.

She gets around 10 hours out of them, they take around 3 hours to recharge (USB) when fully out of juice.

• 1 year later...
On 12/18/2016 at 19:50, Aspman said:

Bose in a new year sale?

I wondered what the fuss was about Bose then I got a pair B)

Mine aren't cordless or noise cancelling though, got 'em for £60.

Agree with you about the around-the-ear phones. I had some Senneiser on-ear phones and found them uncomfortable after 15min. I can wear those Bose for hours at work.

Bit late to the party, but it might be of itnerest for those looking for low latency cans :)

I occasionally use a APTX Bluetooth transmitter (Class 1) for work and have a slight issue with latency. I first tried my Bose QC35s but they have serious latency problems, then I tried some Sennheiser APTX codec Bluetooth HPs and these were pretty good but...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Warranty-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Black/dp/B01A0EAYDI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529625768&sr=1-1&keywords=Avantree+[2-Year+Warranty]+40+hr+Wireless+Bluetooth+4.1+Over-the-Ear+Foldable+Headphone

Avantree [2-Year Warranty] 40 hr Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Over-the-Ear Foldable Headphones/Headset with Mic, APTX LOW LATENCY Fast Audio for TV, PC, with NFC, Wired mode - Audition Pro

• Amazon sell these puppies ^^ for £50-£60.
  • They sound really good, at least as good as my Sennys and not far off the BOSE (they don't have the Bose noise canceling of course).
  • The battery lasts for ever, I've managed around 30 hours without problem.
  • Super light, although I suspect they wont fit a really small head as I have the headband on it's smallest setting and I have an average head i think.
  • genuine low latency APTX bluetooth

You do need a Bluetooth, APTX, transmitter that supports 'Low Latency' but they aren't expensive and a class 1 TX will cost around £50 and probably work around the the same floor of a regular sized house if you go walkabout

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to update this post that i got a set of the Betron BN15 BT headphones for the kids recently.

Decided to test them out myself and was mega impressed.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Microphone-black/dp/B01M8FLGB2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537195140&sr=8-3&keywords=betron+bn15

£24.99 normally; but got them on one of the Amazon day deals at £18 delivered...

May not be for everyone, and i'm not an audiophile in any way. Main use is for music whilst around the house and youtube sessions on iPad.

But they are comfortable, easy to setup, pair, control, range is good and battery lasts me about a week between charges. :thumbup: