Fast car for

Gizmo

Had one it was dead fast on the RAC truck utter poo search google for 335i problems

never again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an interesting long list of issues (most cars have issues mind, the RS 4 is no exception!)

I found the RS4 boring, the 335i with a few choice mods was much better and I had no reliability problems with it. Having said that I'm looking at moving back to a Boxster.

Boring as in what way? Just the sheer amount of grip available?

I know that made my Scooby a bit boring to drive.

Nissan 350 Z

Thy need a back seat, not keen on the soft paint on Jap cars either.

I have been working like Billy Whizz on speed. .....and drinking a lot of strong alcohol, but what's new there. Hope you are well (sorry for the brief OT)

Back OT, has the OP decide what car they want or have I missed that post in my drunken stupor?

Currently heading the list is the RS 4 Avant,

the E93 335i M Sport Convertible (folding aluminium roof) may get a look in, ideally he wanted 400 bhp without playing with it though. (these are only 302bhp std) one problem though is it’s not got the M3/5 or RS 4/6 name (his words not mine!) and he has had a couple of BM’s so the RS would be different.

That sounds interesting. What model is it? E46 or E90?

E92 (they didn't do a 335i on previous models). I doubt you could get one worth having for the £7k though as someone else suggested.

Boring as in what way? Just the sheer amount of grip available?

I know that made my Scooby a bit boring to drive.

Boring handling (it's setup for understeer rather oversteer) and boring sound compared to other V8's even with the sport button on.

Currently heading the list is the RS 4 Avant,

the E93 335i M Sport Convertible (folding aluminium roof) may get a look in, ideally he wanted 400 bhp without playing with it though. (these are only 302bhp std) one problem though is it’s not got the M3/5 or RS 4/6 name (his words not mine!) and he has had a couple of BM’s so the RS would be different.

Ah ha! Thanks for the update. Hope he read my bit about the Audi Rear Sports Diff though :( (admittedly that was a B8 A4)

Oops just updated the thread title to include the revised budget.

wowzers - someone's had a windfall!

As if the discussion over 7 grand wasn't long enough 17 grand opens up a much much larger list of potentials!

I'm gunna stick with ditching the passengers!

$(KGrHqJHJCoFB38FRQ)pBQpiYQpdHw~~_12.JPG

yours (well his) for under £15k

• Like 1

As if the discussion over 7 grand wasn't long enough 17 grand opens up a much much larger list of potentials!

I'm gunna stick with ditching the passengers!

$(KGrHqJHJCoFB38FRQ)pBQpiYQpdHw~~_12.JPG

yours (well his) for under £15k

Good Luck getting parts unless you live in Blackpool and it will go wrong very wrong but it will go wrong in style at least.

Love the cars but not an every day run about.

Ah ha! Thanks for the update. Hope he read my bit about the Audi Rear Sports Diff though :( (admittedly that was a B8 A4)

Yes that was quite eye watering… even by RS standards (just about everything is a grand +)

I’m gunna stick with ditching the passengers…

It’s not all done and dusted but a nasty industrial accident nearly 2 year ago is due to be settled in his favour hopefully very soon - it left him minus half a digit and limited use of another though :sweat:

Tried the TVR, but his reasons for not wanting one was quite valid and I could not stick up for it anymore :giggle:

Good Luck getting parts unless you live in Blackpool and it will go wrong very wrong but it will go wrong in style at least.

Love the cars but not an every day run about.

Tried the TVR, but his reasons for not wanting one was quite valid and I could not stick up for it anymore :giggle:

Oh I agree entirely.

There are more reasons not to own one than to take the plunge; but just look at the thing! ;)

Boring handling (it's setup for understeer rather oversteer) and boring sound compared to other V8's even with the sport button on.

Ii agree 100% with that, I found if you didn't look at the speedo it may as well have been a normal a4, yes it is a very capable car but quite dull and mundane to drive
  • Like 1