Octavia III unveilled tomorrow according to Honest John

Interior looks ok, nice styling in places? Seats look like the SE ones out the Superb with the alcantara trim.

Do those headrests tilt forward do you think?

Some A4 and A6 cues from some angles. Appreciate that there are a lot of vRS owners on here but for the mainstream buyer I think it looks OK.

new-octavia-03_201212111449.jpg

Some titbits from the Skoda website:

Front Assistant/emergency braking function (from May 2013),

Lane Assistant, which keeps the Octavia on track,

multicollision-braking/automatic brake actuation in an accident,

Crew Protect Assistant/securing of the vehicle in an accident situation,

Driver Activity Assistant (fatigue detection) or an active front hatch for pedestrian protection.

The new ŠKODA Octavia impresses with an all-new generation of radio and radio navigation systems. Touch displays with proximity sensors and swiping functionality will be available in higher-level systems, while the new CANTON sound system and an acoustically optimised passenger space provide pure listening pleasure.

Practical and functional thanks to ‚Simply Clever‘ solutions

Foldable cargo elements for the boot enable safe anchoring of objects on the floor. A double-sided floor covering in the boot can be found for the first time in a ŠKODA Octavia. An ice scraper is placed inside the filler flap. A warning vest holder is located underneath the driver’s seat and a rubbish bin inside the door panel. A multimedia holder has space for an iPod, a mobile phone and the like.

"Engines are the 1.2 TSI with 105PS and a 1.4 TSI with 140PS. Plus a 1.8 TSI with 180PS will follow later. The diesels will be a 2.0 TDI with 150PS and a 1.6 TDI with 105PS that will also be in the Greenline version."

But no rear wiper! Why?

Most of europe did not have a rear wiper on the MK2 Octavia, it was only here in the UK where it was standard. The same could be true of the MK3 as well, and with these being LHD could well be the case.

I think it looks pretty good, would like to see the quality of the dashboard and other trim inside though.

The new ŠKODA Octavia impresses with an all-new generation of radio and radio navigation systems. Touch displays with proximity sensors and swiping functionality will be available in higher-level systems, while the new CANTON sound system and an acoustically optimised passenger space provide pure listening pleasure.

Loving it! Skoda have designed the sound system to play canton pop!

But no rear wiper! Why?

Silly omission on a hatchback. Maybe Skoda are following the Honda Civic's example... actually, saying that, the current generation does actually have a rear wiper! All I can say is that I hope Skoda at the very least make rear parking sensors or a rear view camera standard specification.

C pillar looks much more elegant than previous models which I always thought looked a little hunched

if the vrs does get a 22o bhp petrol then I will be coming back to skoda when my alfa bug wears off.

Silly omission on a hatchback. Maybe Skoda are following the Honda Civic's example... actually, saying that, the current generation does actually have a rear wiper! All I can say is that I hope Skoda at the very least make rear parking sensors or a rear view camera standard specification.

No, not really. I don't have one on my Octavia hatch and it's not bothered me once.

The infotainment system and maxidot display look a big step up from current ones. And the new steering wheel looks much like the new Golf ones (not surprisingly).

Looks good in side and out. Much more 'upmarket' than currently. Things like the headlight washer covers rebating into the bumper strip, shark fin aerial, etc. all add to the appeal.

Me likey. (But then I liked the Rapid - on the outside).

Did notice today that Octavia Mk2 Hatch is no longer available via the on-line configurator. Guess this is the reason why!

Parents Mk1 Octy didn't have it and it annoyed me at the time. I use the rear wiper regularly on my vRS but not sure how I'd be now without one

I use my rear wiper about twice a year, with G-Technic on the glass it stays clear .

I use my rear wiper about twice a year, with G-Technic on the glass it stays clear .

Different with the Fabia estate as it's always covered in crap from the roads especially this time of year. Think if I ordered one I'd spec it anyway. Only a few quid

I have a rear wiper on my FL hatch vRS, & Justin also has a rear wiper on his Estate, What I did find coming back from Valkeburg in the sleet & snow was while on the move I never had to use my rear wiper , but Justin in the estate did.

Can get away without it on the hatch, but not on the estate.

Does look like any owner of the 3 will get the water into the boot when opening the hatch, why oh why didnt Skoda do something about that, it has put me off when coming to replace my current Octy with another one, not sue if the Rapid will have the same problem, Does anyone know ?

Loving it! Skoda have designed the sound system to play canton pop!

On a more serious note. I had never heard of Canton but just checked them out on the interweb. It looks like really high end stuff. It will probably make the sound upgrade pricey but it looks like it should be quality stuff.

Great news.