My Monte Carlo is pulling to the left HELP!

vtaylor92

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to say our Monte went into Beadles Skoda today and had four new Pirelli P-Zero Neros fitted to cure the pull to the left.  We did originally have the Dunlops like most of the other folks here with the pulling issue.

• Like 1

hkp. Glad you got yours sorted now..

Posted 27 June 2013 - 16:06

Well its been a month now since having the car corrected.

After all the problems the result was a new set of tyres.
Skoda agreed the Dunlop's had been giving some grief.
4 New tyres fitted and all is well.

Thanks again go to Barnstaple Skoda.

If any one else has this constant Pull to the left contact your Skoda dealer & ask them to contact Skoda re the tyres.
CD
  • Like 1

Hi guys!

Sorry I've not posted on here for a while but I thought I'd give you an update!

A few months ago the power steering warning light came on on my car, the power steering completely went, but only for one journey, once i turned the engine off and started it again the power steering was fine. There was still a significant pull to the left so I phoned the dealer and booked it back on. Two weeks my car was in the dealer.

They replaced my steering wrack on my car and told me it was fixed.. But wait, there was still a pull to the left, but it once again wasn't as bad.

Two weeks ago my steering started going worse once again, now its back to being significantly bad and I'm getting sick if it. I took it to a FOURTH dealer, I got the usual 'camber of the road' comment, then they wanted to charge me £85 for a geometry check which I've had before about 3 times.

I feel like I'm at a loose end once again.

Ridiculous.

Others are getting replacement tyres, so best take a lead from the others that have.

Ask the dealer about and Technical Advice from Skoda or Call Skoda UK Customer Services yourself and ask what people have said here about their tyres being replaced with Pirelli Zero Nero,

and the story about faulty Dunlops.

or any other faulty fitments because some have had Continentals and pulling to the left.

Pay a Skoda Dealership nothing,

request a car that drives properly and is fixed correctly under warranty, when they do that the alignment will be done under that Warranty Job sheet and not be needing done at your request.

Once the car is correct, then its proper that you pay if you knock it off.

but until they fix the car correctly, it is not of a satisfactory condition.

george

vtaylor92

Quote " When I had words with the dealer, I expressed my concerns about the problem and stated that if this cannot be resolved soon I will require a replacement car.
He seemed to agree over the phone, but will wait to see if this actually happens in real life."

I think V that its time to get heavy with your dealer.

Inform them that you require a courtesy car until such time they can get it sorted.

Also inform them you will be contacting Skoda with a diary of events until now.

Good luck with it.

CD

•  
  • Like 1

My fabia vrs mkII went in for a check up regarding a pulling left tissue. After birchwood skoda did wheel balancing and tracking check the car was still pulling left. They told me to expect a call in 2 weeks and from what I'm hearing here I will be receiving at least 2 new tyres... Bit annoying that it wasn't resolved in one visit. I can't complain though as birchwood have been nothing but accommodating.

I just wrote it in another thread, so re-posting it here.

THREAD RESURRECTION!!

My car is a Roomster but the discribed issue was the same for me too. YES WAS. My car was pulling to the left (extremely dangerous since my car is left hand drive and such a pull drives you straight to oncoming traffic) since the day one (29 of June 2010). Then laser alignment performed by the dealer but with minor success. After 15.000Km we fitted front tyres to the back and back tyres to the front. A little better but still car was pulling to the left, of course it was 70% better than day one. About a month and 1.500Km ago I fitted new tyres to my car. The first surprise was the straight line the car was moving. I cannot understand why but problem solved.

Out of interest, have you ever checked the car to see if it's on the HPI register.

In other words, to see if it's had a prang.

If it has a slightly bent wishbone etc..

I know you bought it with 3k miles on the clock, but nearly new cars do get written off and repaired.

The secret, is having them done properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally picked my Monte Tech up on Tuesday with only 18 miles on the clock.

On the way to work (motorway) noticed that I was fighting the wheel to keep it straight. So let go of the wheel and the car instantly wanted to change lanes to the left.

It's not that noticeable at speeds less than 40mph but above it's pretty bad. Dangerous I would say.

Anyhow I have booked the car into the dealer and I have to wait until 26th September before there is a free slot with a courtesy car. Plus it's gonna cost £12 for the courtesy car insurance.

Will have to see what happens.

Plus it's gonna cost £12 for the courtesy car insurance.

Absolute rubbish. Never heard of that.....

Ok so tell them you will hire a car & bring the receipt in for a refund. Plus loss of time bringing a faulty vehicle back for a repair that should have been sorted. Tell them Skoda will hear of this!!

This should have been picked up on a road test during the PDI,  Before the Customer has the car.

Out of interest Marky what tyres you got on. If its Dunlop's ask them to change them to Pirelli P zero, that's what Skoda recommends under warranty.

Edited by Carlo diesel

Yes it has the Dunlops on.

I will have a word with the sales manager I bought the car from as I am not happy having to pay for the insurance as I spotted the problem the day after I picked the car up.

They won't have tested it > 40mph because when I first saw the car it hadn't even been PDI'd and it had 18 miles on the clock.

When I collected the car it only had 20miles on the clock. The nearest road that >40mph from the dealer is 2.5 miles away.

Good points.

In the end I kept a diary of events after a doggy start.

But all has worked out for me, be it 4 trips to the dealer.

Why O why are Skoda still sending out cars with Dunlop's on????

Going back to see them next week as I too have a Paint problem like others have had on the top of the tail gate (black part). Not good....

Plus it's gonna cost £12 for the courtesy car insurance.

Absolute rubbish. Never heard of that.....

Ok so tell them you will hire a car & bring the receipt in for a refund. Plus loss of time bringing a faulty vehicle back for a repair that should have been sorted. Tell them Skoda will hear of this!!

This should have been picked up on a road test during the PDI,  Before the Customer has the car.

Out of interest Marky what tyres you got on. If its Dunlop's ask them to change them to Pirelli P zero, that's what Skoda recommends under warranty.

My dealer does the same £12 for courtesy car they say its for admin charge

A lot of dealers I've noticed are throwing in a charge for using a loan car; sign of the times I suppose. My nearest dealer started charging so I found time to wait and drink their free coffee instead :giggle:  however their service wasn't up to much, so I'm travelling further afield to another more competent dealership where currently it's just replace the fuel you have used.

TP

I have mine booked for the 27th for the same issue, no mention of any charge for a hire car and I would not accept one either.

Vrs rather than monte here but, running dunlops.

Edited by R4zb3rry

Hello :)

I phoned my dealer reguarding getting new tyres on my car, they said they needed information from Skoda about this to be able to do it and that I should phone them. I then phoned Skoda and told them about this, the guy said that he had never herd anything like this and so would have to open up a case about it against my dealer for not fixing it. I said I had already done this and nothing came of the problem, but he insisted he would help me and that the service I recieved was unacceptable. He does seem more interested in helping me than the last person who dealt with me.

Anyway he rang me back and said that I needed to book my car in with the dealer for them to have a look at. I said why should I do this as its been in that many times they don't know what's wrong with it, all it's doing is putting me out, he then said I can't do anything until you book it in, he also said that he'll pay for me to have my alignment done on the car (again).

My car is booked in for the 19th September.

I'm going to make it clear this time that if it comes back to me this time without being resolved I be leaving the keys and the car with them, cancelling my direct debit and will be having nothing else to do with the car as its been a year this month since I purchased the car and I'm sick to death of it!

Wish me luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on my car.

It went in the the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had the alignment/tracking looked at. They said it was out on one side.

Got the car back and it has the same problem.

Now the car is going back to the dealer tomorrow for a "few" days.

No idea what they are going to do to it. Hopefully fix it!!

Anyhoo I didn't pay for the loan car insurance last time and they said they won't charge me this time either.

I got an new octavia estat loan car last time which wasn't bad the auto box was very nice but the 1.6tdi was a bit weedy for a car that size.

Probably get a citigo tomorow unless I can wangle a furby vrs out of them :D

• Like 1

Markus, like you my fabia has been in for rectification and is still not fixed.

First time they denied it pulled to left, when I went to collect I offered to take out the service manager and show him the issue, then they remembered that yes it did happen but, it was torque steer....so I asked if that still applied when driving at a steady 50mph on cruise control?

Turns out not as they then booked it back in for a 4 wheel laser alignment, still didn't resolve the problem. When I collected it I asked what was next and the answer I got was that it was a characteristic of the car!

The service manager certainly regretted that once I had finished ranting that no car I had ever driven did that and I certainly wasn't going to accept a brand new £17k motor doing it, I'm calling Skoda UK in the morning to get it sorted as however pleasant the dealer has been thus far they may as well have shrugged their shoulders in the end as they had no idea how to fix it.

Vtaylor

Marky

R4zb3rry

Just an Idea....

Print out this thread Or... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260271-my-monte-carlo-is-pulling-to-the-left-help/page-5  & take it into your Dealer.

Ask them to read it.

Tell them, the majority of people here that Skoda have authorised new tyres like Pirelli and this has rectified the problem.

Hope this helps.

You do not have to put up with this problem..... Its a new car & as such should be rectified ASAP

Well, amusingly enough, got my new Monte the other day, and lo-and-behold, it pulls to the left (I'm sure George will laugh at me now).

Booked it in for independent alignment at a place I trust before I hand it back to the dealers with an alignment report (assuming alignment doesn't sort it).

It'll cost me some money, but I just don't have the time (or inclination, frankly) to go messing about with Skoda HQ customer services (with whom I've established a hate-hate relationship), or under-trained and under-motivated service staff at the dealer.

Fingers crossed it's just alignment, but the fact the car came with Dunlops, and the length of this thread suggests it may be more than that.

• Like 1