The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread.

BossFox

This was probably my bad. I really should've stopped when i saw the bus approaching as those cars on the right parked near the junction are pretty much invisible when it's dark. Still, my mind was stuck in the 'obstruction is on their side, they'll stop' mentality, as well as my eyes recovering from being blinded by the earlier guys dazzly headlights. Ah well. At least there wasn't a collision in the end.

You missed the old one... "Might is Right!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This lorry undertaking on the slip road, during a jam on the M1, left rejoining the carriageway a bit late for my taste last night. For some reason I was more amused than annoyed though.

I see similar kind of driving with the M4/M32 junction going east.

Lane 1 Hard Shoulder Running and Lane 2 are for the M32, and Lanes 3/4 for M4 east. The signs are clear for which lane to be in for 1.5 miles, and yet people make last minute decisions to join the main part of the M4 (Normally across hatchings) I start to question the concentration of most people.

However the video shows a bit more intent and doesn't care about anyone else in my opinion

People using their phones texting / FB / twitter etc whilst driving. First one came down to the junction she emerged from too quickly and slammed on hard to stop, then undetered pulled out behind me sped to catch me up whilst playing on her phone then panic brakes behind me as she has gotten closer than she thought...... She is a 'restricted' driver displaying 'R' plates so has been driving less than one year and was still in her school uniform, so daddy has bought her a little car it seems. As she goes her way and I wait to go mine another female driver behind me engrossed in her phone doesn't notice each time I move forward, when clear to turn right off the box junction she at hesitates and stops and has to assess the situation from scratch to establish that it's clear to proceed. I was pleased though that she at least didn't just blindly go. The difference in experience between the too retards in terms of experience was evident, the first girl was looking up and down from phone, the second barely glanced up before moving each time and never stopped using her phone for a single second. Makes my blood boil, what if a child ran out into the road or someone just decided to cross it etc?? They would either lie or be so so sorry crocodile tears, when I seize power this sort will be sentenced to public transport for life upon detection! 

Both drivers didn't give a single feck, first one left a parking area second one at end of video exited into a car park, must just be normal to them to do so and not a second thought given. Zero tolerance crack down on using phones by police at moment won't affect them since I have only seen 1 police car in the last month here....... 

^^ This is the problem today, not enough road policing units in certain areas, you watch these programs like Road wars etc but they're all based in the same area, i.e a major city, places like I live, Poole/Bournemouth, you see police but usually on there way somewhere, not actually policing, occasionally you'll see one parked to one side but usually looking for one car in specific, not necessarily checking general traffic, i.e set belts using mobile etc, you can either agree or disagree but that's my general view on road policing and I've only been driving just over 1 1/2 years

• Like 3

^^ This is the problem today, not enough road policing units in certain areas, you watch these programs like Road wars etc but they're all based in the same area, i.e a major city, places like I live, Poole/Bournemouth, you see police but usually on there way somewhere, not actually policing, occasionally you'll see one parked to one side but usually looking for one car in specific, not necessarily checking general traffic, i.e set belts using mobile etc, you can either agree or disagree but that's my general view on road policing and I've only been driving just over 1 1/2 years

You're right, i've been driving 16 years its gone right down hill.  The way it is now as long as your not speed pasting a speed camera you can do what the hell you like....

• Like 2

Have you checked your indicator bulbs recently? The flash rate sounds pretty high both on this and your previous clip!

Nothing wrong with the bulbs :) thanks for the concern, but I swapped my standards for LEDS, tricking the ecu into believing the bulbs are blown, buying a resistor is overrated :p

Really fuzzy view, and for some reason no audio (Wasn't me swearing. Honest  :notme: )

I was waiting to turn right, indicator on, and the mini stops in the keep clear. No common courtesy or ability to read the wording on the road. Granted the road was wet is no excuse to block a junctions. I beep her when she had blocked me.

Probably a bit close for comfort for the cyclist. The Clio was a bit impatient on a road which doesn't have great sight lines in the first place.

On a side note. Does anyone know how to change the time in a Blackvue. It's about 15mins out?

Poor and inconsiderate are the words I would use. The driver should be forced to take another test after being made to ride a bike for a month to see what it's like to be on the receiving end.

• Like 2

Probably a bit close for comfort for the cyclist. The Clio was a bit impatient on a road which doesn't have great sight lines in the first place.

On a side note. Does anyone know how to change the time in a Blackvue. It's about 15mins out?

Je5u5 chri5t what a dip 5hit