Question oil question - 2006 VRS TSFI & 5w-40 502 spec

Hi all

Quick question. I know generally people are using 504/507 oil depending upon model and mileage, however I grabbed a top up from an independent dealer when out about and have realised that they have supplied me with 5w-40 502.00/505.00 spec oil (Quantum Platinum). I have a service due in about 5-6 months so car will consume a bit of oil in this time - before I top up I want to confirm that this will be OK in a remapped VRS TFSI, 10 mile commute in traffic, approx 8k mileage pa.

TIA

I was under the impression you had to be on the money with the oil especially because of the turbo, i was recomended to use castrol edge fully synth 5w, says on the bottle it meets all current vag requirments and tbh i havnt had any issues...but then i havnt done much milage as ive had the car 2 months haha

If you really want some good advice, then it's worth getting in touch with Opie Oils.

I buy my oil direct from them, often with a FREEDOM discount (you have to be a paid member though for that). Currently using Silkolene Pro S race oil, works out cheaper than high street Castrol Edge, and is allegedly better (it's a full race oil)

Opie Oils recommended 502.00 / 505.00 spec oil for mine on fixed servicing. Sure you will be fine. I used Castrol Edge 0w/40 Sport and it was not a problem.

If you really want some good advice, then it's worth getting in touch with Opie Oils.

I buy my oil direct from them, often with a FREEDOM discount (you have to be a paid member though for that). Currently using Silkolene Pro S race oil, works out cheaper than high street Castrol Edge, and is allegedly better (it's a full race oil)

Just ordered some of this Fuchs titan Race for the next oil change.