VRS fabia airbox intake modification?

well boys and girls,

I was under the bonnet of my vrs today and ive noticed that the air feed pipe from the intake in the grill.... to the air box isnt very good ...the connection at the intake end barely stays connected !

and sucks alot of air through from the engine bay rather than clean cool air from the atmosphere .

ive already upgraded the air filter to a performance one .

Now i was wondering if i could make this better by buying another pipe and making a new connection or better feed so .. with out going down the induction kit route and just generally improving flow in the exsisting system .... now anyone know what im talking about or any ideas or products i could use ?

• Like 2

Yup i modified mine, take the trumpet (end of the pipe where it connects to behind the grill) and remove the obstructive peice of plastic in anyway you see fit

You can also remove the plastic flap inside the actual airbox aswell if you want

If the pipe is coming off under its own weight it needs replaced, mine did though it took some arguing with the dealers to get it sorted though until they send one of the young techies to speak to me, great lad and he got it ordered and replaced with a new one which is solid.

I've noticed this on mine too.. it doesn't come off as such but doesn't stay clipped onto the groove on the pipe. I hadn't investigated further due to it still being connected with no gaps, just not on that far

I think you guys worry too much - turbo engines suck air in so I don't see why you bother with a detail as that - I bet it will not make a difference at all. Worry about temperatures and a solution for colder air rather anything else. :)

If it was a naturally aspirated engine I get it but for a turbo not really.

• Like 1

well its not exactley a disaster !! but it could be improved lol turbos do create a vacum when in operation

but if you can make the air flow into it better that will improve your overall performance .....hardly alot but as tesco says .... every little helps !

Take off the original hose and connector at the front of the car (two hex bolts) buy one of these, trim the plastic, drill two holes in it for the oem hex bolts then whola. As much air as you can shake a stick at

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/ducts-ducting-hose/demon-tweeks-rectangular-intake-duct

Fits fine one you trim off the plastic lip to fit, got it in my car that feeds my carbon ITG.

It's not so much about airflow its about having a cold air intake as standard and the pipe falling off and then sucking air through the radiator instead which can't be helping engine temps or performance.

Am I the only one not to understand the issue or problem here?! Lol. All the intake connections on mine are rock solid and can't see how air could be drawn in from anywhere other than intended (unlike some aftermarket kits which seem to just suck air from the engine bay).

If yours is solid its how it should be the issue is some are not so secure and with the rough roads it slowly shakes itself off the grill piece it connects to so it drops into the space below and hence starts sucking air from just behind the radiator

The clip your refering to is not an actuall clip its actually just a push fit piece of plastic over a slightly smaller piece. Poor design but cheap.