Citigo Sport Announced

ColinD

• Administrators

I like the seats! Makes the interior much brighter and funkier.

The press release is the international one from Skoda in the Czech Republic so not clear if/when we'll get it here yet or how much it will be.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I like the seats! Makes the interior much brighter and funkier.

The press release is the international one from Skoda in the Czech Republic so not clear if/when we'll get it here yet or how much it will be.

It is, trying to get a head of the game in some places ;)

I'll try to find out UK details and elsewhere on demand.

Thanks for providing this Colin, will be interesting to seem if the exterior and interior are different for the UK.

Knowing our luck they will probably be much more garish !!

• Like 1

Wait and see what insurance group it will be in with those mods??

Shouldn't change much if it's the same engines?

I must admit I was hopping for more!!

The Citigo Sport is what the Fabia Monte Carlo is to the vRS. Watch this space, maybe we'll get an up! GT equivalent eventually too?

• Like 1

hhmmm we've had ours for a while :p

70538156769191658008417.jpg

so has bossfox lol...

citigo002.jpg

Its not the same

The exterior

of the ŠKODA Citigo SPORT immediately exudes sportiness and dynamics thanks to its

black 15-inch “Auriga” design alloy wheels

and a sports chassis lowered by 15 millimetres. A special

‘styling kit’

including a front and rear

spoiler

and

rear diffusor

add to this. Windows are tinted

(SunSet)

. An adhesive racing stripe contrasting in colour to the respective body tone runs from the grille across the roof to the rear and highlights the car’s sporty character. Additional stripes at the rear, the lower door frames and the exterior mirrors give the car the look of a racer. The ŠKODA Citigo SPORT comes in three exclusive colours:

candy white with red

tornado red with black

and

deep black with red stripes

Lol, I know it's not "the same" oviously the sport isn't out yet!

But they do have 15 inch wheels, White with stripes ect, rear spoiler, sunset glass plus a few other options....

My point is, it's just cosmetic additions, alot of which similar things are available as options!

It was Tongue in cheek, and not seriously intended to mean we already had one ...

Just having a quick visit from the Octy Forum, but my wife's nipper has got a Citigo and when I drove the dealers demo, I realised it was extremely good and would easily take a lot more power.... As we all know, The Up/Citigo/Mii are all made in the same factory.

Anyway, the VW Up GT has now been officially announced and it will be out later this year. Get your heads around this lot: - Same 3 pot engine, but turbo-ed to 110bhp and 120 ft lb torque, (that's nearly 50% up on power and 70% up on torque) 6 speed gear box and performance is 0-60 in 8 second territory and top end about 120mph. Add in big allys, discs all round, possibly twin exhausts, sports seats, lowered modded suspension and the styling especially on the front is awesome.

Looks absolutely stonking. Autocar have driven one and say it's 'Brilliant". Price is rumoured to be around £13.5k, but I reckon will probably be nearer £14k. This is more Mini Cooper than the Mini Cooper. Have a look on the net - there's a fair bit about it and lots of pictures. I rather suspect that there is going to be a very long waiting list for this. The downside is I suspect that VW won't let this be done as a Skoda - just look at the VW styling and I don't think it will happen as a five door either - again the VW styling. It's the same power to weight ratio as the Mk 1 Golf Gti and the sports seats on the up have got tasteful tartan inserts as well.

I think I want one! I've asked my local dealer to keep me up to speed.

Its not the same

The exterior

of the ŠKODA Citigo SPORT immediately exudes sportiness and dynamics thanks to its

black 15-inch “Auriga” design alloy wheels

and a sports chassis lowered by 15 millimetres. A special

‘styling kit’

including a front and rear

spoiler

and

rear diffusor

add to this. Windows are tinted

(SunSet)

. An adhesive racing stripe contrasting in colour to the respective body tone runs from the grille across the roof to the rear and highlights the car’s sporty character. Additional stripes at the rear, the lower door frames and the exterior mirrors give the car the look of a racer. The ŠKODA Citigo SPORT comes in three exclusive colours:

candy white with red

tornado red with black

and

deep black with red stripes

WOW . Sense of humour much appriciated .

I Agree. I think Sharkrider's and Bossfox's versions are far superior too Skoda's effort, especially as they do not include those horrible deckchair style seat coverings.

Which one of Bossfoxes versions?????............ :giggle:

The sporty looking one with "no-go"...............

or the plain looking one with................."warp factor-go"........................... :rofl:

Which one of Bossfoxes versions?????............ :giggle:

The sporty looking one with "no-go"...............

or the plain looking one with................."warp factor-go"........................... :rofl:

Both!

The latter being the "Sport+" version then!

Judging by things, it's had just about everything imaginable "added" :thumbup:

Just having a quick visit from the Octy Forum, but my wife's nipper has got a Citigo and when I drove the dealers demo, I realised it was extremely good and would easily take a lot more power.... As we all know, The Up/Citigo/Mii are all made in the same factory.

Anyway, the VW Up GT has now been officially announced and it will be out later this year. Get your heads around this lot: - Same 3 pot engine, but turbo-ed to 110bhp and 120 ft lb torque, (that's nearly 50% up on power and 70% up on torque) 6 speed gear box and performance is 0-60 in 8 second territory and top end about 120mph. Add in big allys, discs all round, possibly twin exhausts, sports seats, lowered modded suspension and the styling especially on the front is awesome.

Looks absolutely stonking. Autocar have driven one and say it's 'Brilliant". Price is rumoured to be around £13.5k, but I reckon will probably be nearer £14k. This is more Mini Cooper than the Mini Cooper. Have a look on the net - there's a fair bit about it and lots of pictures. I rather suspect that there is going to be a very long waiting list for this. The downside is I suspect that VW won't let this be done as a Skoda - just look at the VW styling and I don't think it will happen as a five door either - again the VW styling. It's the same power to weight ratio as the Mk 1 Golf Gti and the sports seats on the up have got tasteful tartan inserts as well.

I think I want one! I've asked my local dealer to keep me up to speed.

I would think it would be able to do more than 120 as I have done 110 legally i hasten to add in my 75hp