DAB Now Available

LeeHarrison

Just a general rant - but why on earth can't someone involved with Skoda UK sort this out? If I were a dealer,Ii would be as embarrassed as hell when time after time I appear to know less than the customer (who in turn may have been misled by either the website and/or the brochure and/or a call to Skoda UK). If I worked at the central Skoda UK organisation, I would (or ought to be) in fear of losing my job because of my inability to 'manage' what cannot be so challenging a situation - lots of customers wanting to buy lots of goodies!

Doesn't anyone in the organisation have the drive/nous/b***s to do something about this?

I completely agree with Andrew. I have been trying to get DAB added to my order since last Thursday since Preston Motors kindly gave the heads up, but so far without success - my car is provisional build week 14, so keen to get this added before build week finalised.

The skoda UK website has the new DAB options and prices correct listed on the Equipment page - you just need to select the trim level and they are there. The configurator as Preston Motors points out is part updated and I checked the brochure this morning which has not been updated.

This lack of clarity is confusing my dealer. I spoke with him last night - he has requested admin to try add this to my order today, although given the inconsistency across the website - I can't see their internal ordering system will have been updated with these yet. Not sure if Preston Motors is able to check if these options have been added to the internal ordering system?

Some update on the configurator this morning.....

Options are now their with prices - some additional zero cost options need to be added and then summary is as follows:

080. Radio & Connection Integrated data storage device for Western Europe £0 MDI (Mobile Device Interface) £175 Navigation system "AMUNDSEN+" with DAB £535 Telephone pre-installation GSM II with Bluetooth (for sat nav)

So Skoda are definately trying to get this out as an option, but taking longer than expected.

Some update on the configurator this morning.....

Options are now their with prices - some additional zero cost options need to be added and then summary is as follows:

080. Radio & Connection Integrated data storage device for Western Europe £0 MDI (Mobile Device Interface) £175 Navigation system "AMUNDSEN+" with DAB £535 Telephone pre-installation GSM II with Bluetooth (for sat nav)

So Skoda are definately trying to get this out as an option, but taking longer than expected.

Yup, things are looking up :sun:

There were certainly some strong words exchanged between some senior people whilst I was in the dealers yesterday, so I suspect things will start to move soon. The important thing is for it to appear on the dealers' ordering system.

I had a look earlier when I saw your first post and the options are showing on the ordering system, however without actually ordering the car I couldn't confirm whether these would be accepted straight on to the system, so.............

Anyone fancy ordering one? :rofl:

Thanks for the speedy response.

Did the internal system request you to add the other two no cost options - Integrated data storage device for Western Europe £0 & Telephone pre-installation GSM II with Bluetooth (for sat nav)?

I believe there is an option to add the Storage Device, which MAY amend the order on the system. As mentioned though, without confirming the order I wouldn't be able to tell whether you would need to add any further no cost options.

I know that sometimes an error code comes up if we add the wrong type of spare wheel. For instance there can be 2 options, Steel spare wheel or Temporary spare wheel - if you add the wrong one the system won't accept the order.

HTH

Lee

I have just had email confirmation from my dealer that they have now added Amundsen with DAB and MDI to my order as a factory fit option. Apparently they did have to add some additional items when using the internal dealer system to complete the options. I assume it was the following items (based on the car configurator)

1. MDI (Mobile Device Interface) - RA4 £175

2. Navigation system "AMUNDSEN+" with DAB - PND £535

3. Integrated data storage device for Western Europe - 7QL £0

4. Telephone pre-installation GSM II with Bluetooth(for sat nav) - PT6 £0

Hope this helps.

I had a look earlier when I saw your first post and the options are showing on the ordering system, however without actually ordering the car I couldn't confirm whether these would be accepted straight on to the system, so.............

Anyone fancy ordering one? :rofl:

Well my dealer tried to re-order my vehicle this morning & said the options are NOT available as no cost & that the configurator is wrong & he had checked with regional manager...I'm confused :wall:

Although - as I have posted elsewhere - there is clearly a left-hand/right-hand issue between Skoda CZ, Skoda UK and Skoda dealers, there are also some dealers, I am sure, who are either bone idle and/or ignorant and therefore tell customers that orders can't be amended, options are not available, etc. just because they can't be a***d to do anything about it.

Keep fighting, and go further up the food chain if necessary!

First thing this morning the configurator was wrong - it showed the options as FOC, this has since been amended and confirmed by P10ANT.

The options were never FOC just me getting in front of the website - should slow down really :whew:

The Sat Navs and MDI are chargeable but you have to tick the Integrated Data Storage Device on the configurator to load the options through.

Makes my point. Wouldn't any sensible company (i) make all options available everywhere unless there are compelling local reasons not to do so, (ii) ensure that delaers are clearly informed, trained, etc. as regards models, options, customer relations, (iii) ensure that an on-line configurator is accurate and works, before making it available (iv) ensure that brochures are accurate and consistent with other sources of information, and (v) ensure that the release of information follows a sequence that ensures dealers know about it before customers. Simple, really - but I bet there are managers still drawing down huge salaries (and bonuses)..

Makes my point. Wouldn't any sensible company (i) make all options available everywhere unless there are compelling local reasons not to do so, (ii) ensure that delaers are clearly informed, trained, etc. as regards models, options, customer relations, (iii) ensure that an on-line configurator is accurate and works, before making it available (iv) ensure that brochures are accurate and consistent with other sources of information, and (v) ensure that the release of information follows a sequence that ensures dealers know about it before customers. Simple, really - but I bet there are managers still drawing down huge salaries (and bonuses)..

Couldn't agree more Andrew, the way I see it you should be able to spec "your" vehicle (not SUK's) with whatever you want with all options available on all models. Why restrict what your customers can buy when you may actually push them to a competitor? OK, it may mean longer build times but I would much rather wait a little longer for a vehicle which has all I want straight from the dealer rather than have to retro fit or do without. Seems the days of the customer being king are long gone!

So if the configurator has now been corrected where do I stand with an e-mail generated from the configurator which clearly states "no cost option" for Columbus, MDI & Integrated Storage Device? Any "legal eagles" out there?

So if the configurator has now been corrected where do I stand with an e-mail generated from the configurator which clearly states "no cost option" for Columbus, MDI & Integrated Storage Device? Any "legal eagles" out there?

I'm no legal expert but I do believe that under the Sale of Goods Act in the UK, a trader is not obliged to sell something at the advertised price if it is labelled wrong. The contract of sale is formed when the buyer and seller agree on a sales contract - an exchange of payment for instance would form a sales contract. After that point then you have a good number of rights as a buyer but until the seller accepts this contract by accepting payment from you then I don't think Skoda are obliged to give something away that obviously costs £100s if not £1000s.

The same principle applies to retail shops where something may be labelled as being in a sale when in actual fact it isn't. The shop doesn't have to honour that 'sale' label and can refuse to sell it at that price (they may offer to meet you in the middle as a gesture of goodwill.)

Think of it this way, would you expect Skoda to give the car to you for free if the configurator said it was a 'no cost' option?

Now...slightly back on topic....I am desperate for DAB and quite keen for MDI. I have a 2011 Yeti Elegance with a Columbus. Is it an entirely new antenna assembly or can I simply purchase an updated Columbus? Does anyone actually know about us poor early adopters?

Now...slightly back on topic....I am desperate for DAB and quite keen for MDI. I have a 2011 Yeti Elegance with a Columbus. Is it an entirely new antenna assembly or can I simply purchase an updated Columbus? Does anyone actually know about us poor early adopters?

Perhaps have a look here for possible solutions:

http://www.dabonwhee..._for_Skoda.html

or

http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/dab-digital-car-radio-skoda-c-3542_3568.html

My Yeti Urban has DAB as standard and I think it is great. Coverage is good and I am in West Wales! I would say quality is a little better than FM but the big bonus for me is access to 5 Live and a few other channels that I can't get in AM/FM.

I'm no legal expert but I do believe that under the Sale of Goods Act in the UK, a trader is not obliged to sell something at the advertised price if it is labelled wrong. The contract of sale is formed when the buyer and seller agree on a sales contract - an exchange of payment for instance would form a sales contract. After that point then you have a good number of rights as a buyer but until the seller accepts this contract by accepting payment from you then I don't think Skoda are obliged to give something away that obviously costs £100s if not £1000s.

The same principle applies to retail shops where something may be labelled as being in a sale when in actual fact it isn't. The shop doesn't have to honour that 'sale' label and can refuse to sell it at that price (they may offer to meet you in the middle as a gesture of goodwill.)

Think of it this way, would you expect Skoda to give the car to you for free if the configurator said it was a 'no cost' option?

I understand the price "in the window" (so to speak) is technically an "Offer to treat".

tom

Being pedantic, I'd have to point out that it's an invitation to treat, not an invitation to offer.

However, I'm quite happy to represent anyone who feels they have a right to pay the configurator RRP.

With the appropriate trim/engine choice + no/bottom-book trade-in, a f.o.c. Columbus should be on the cusp of do-able.

I'm sufficiently confident that I can negotiate an 'out of court' settlement, that I'm prepared to offer my services on a no-win, no-fee basis.

My fees, if successful, will be £300 per hour, plus expenses (& a couple of extended test drives) :) 

• Like 1