Ever used the umbrella?

Liebel

Hi guys, just a quick survey,

I wonder how many of you actually make any use of this novelty?

My Superb is 10 months and 11000 miles old and I never came round to use its brolly even once, (and yes, I do live in Britain...)

Looking forward to your replies

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Haven't yet but also haven't really used the car properly. I have unwrapped the plastic and taken off the tag. I did smile though when I didn't have to put one in the boot but reckon its going to cause some arguments as its no golf umbrella and the three of us can't all fit underneath it!

Used a few times, Mk1 Superb here, 7 years and counting. It is not a frequent use item, but when I did need to use it, I was glad it was there. My wife's 2012 Roomster now carries a big umbrella under the parcel shelf for the same reason, but the in-door compartment on the Superb is much more handy as you do not have to get out of the car to get the umbrella..

Yes, but only the once.

I was impressed with it’s quality mind, at least it’s not an over inflated £5 brolly.

(Yes I know it is not cheap, but it is on par with the likes of the Radley one that I bought for SWMBO and is better quality)

The problem is where it's stored. I'm a driver (most moving cars have one...) but the brolly is in the rear nearside door. If it is raining, by the time I get to it...it's too late. Doh!

Now then, I could speculate that the reason behind this was designed in as safety issue. As the highway code states to park on the side of the road you are traveling down, the driver has to alight the vehicle to the road side. Skoda designers may have thought it would be safer to mess around on the pavement getting out the umbrella rather than standing in the road.

Now truthfully, they probably forgot to change it over from the left hand drive market.

• Like 1

I've never used mine and I have no intention of doing so as I like everything to be as original as possible.

My 5 year old MKI Superb was traded in last September with the original umbrella in the door complete with tag attached. I wonder if the new owner has used it yet?

Now then, I could speculate that the reason behind this was designed in as safety issue. As the highway code states to park on the side of the road you are traveling down, the driver has to alight the vehicle to the road side. Skoda designers may have thought it would be safer to mess around on the pavement getting out the umbrella rather than standing in the road.

Now truthfully, they probably forgot to change it over from the left hand drive market.

+1

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I've never used mine and I have no intention of doing so as I like everything to be as original as possible.

My 5 year old MKI Superb was traded in last September with the original umbrella in the door complete with tag attached. I wonder if the new owner has used it yet?

Surely thats like buying a new tv and not using the remote in case you wear the buttons out. Did you ask to keep the plastic transport wrapping on the car too?

Mine didn't come with one apparently.

Dealer said they had a good look for it, then they said the cars stopped coming with them in 2011 (my model) and they were reintroduced later on.

Bought a £3 cheapie from Asda that fits the hole.

And have yet to use it!

Mine didn't come with one apparently.

Dealer said they had a good look for it, then they said the cars stopped coming with them in 2011 (my model) and they were reintroduced later on.

Škoda dropped the umbrella from May 2010 to September 2010 IIRC, if yours is a 2011 car than it would of come with one, someone along the chain has removed it (a common occurrence apparently)