Help me fit my wheels and pick a colour!

vrs oh yes

Evening everyone!

Treated the Vrs to some new shoes today and need help picking a colour and a spacer set up.

they are Compomotive MO5's 5x100 et48

Tyres are Advan neo's AD08 - 205-45-16

they'll be going on my otherwise standard 04 silver vrs, currently standard suspension, althoug this is subject to change.

All opinions welcomed and appreciated.

20130214_190153_zps195139b6.jpg

fabiafb3_zps0ba18ba6.jpg

Sorry didnt intend on confusing you..

I dont know what size spacers to use to fit them snug and i wanted opinions on the colour.

Not a fan of the white, especailly not on a standard silver fabia. was thinking silver or anthracite** or maybe a bronze colour.

more for opinions than for help guys!

Love the ideas. Im the same i like the white comps but on a standard height silver fab i dont think theyll look right. might have to photoshop somethong together.

So 15mm spacers all round? lovely stuff.

Best place to buy them? Egay?

Anthracite is naughty but im really tempted by a dark bronze, the rota colour.

Keep the ideas coming peeps!

Edited by vrs oh yes

Looks like the general feeling is for gun metal or anthracite. I think I agree. Although I do want to see a photo shoot wit flat bronze.

Ok cheers, sorry to query but 15mm on the rear and nothing on the front??

And yes. I do intend of lowering her in the near future. Probably with ap's or a nice shock and spring combo.

• Like 1

Remember that they are et48 and iirc standard wheels are et37 so they will be 11mm farther in as standard so by fitting 15mm spacers you are only spacing them 4mm further out than standard.

Also depends on the width as well, so how wide are they standard wheels are 6.5J

Karl

• Like 2

As they are 7J wheels they will be about 12mm wider than standard so without spacers they will be about 6mm further in on the outside of the wheel but about 17mm closer to the inside of the arch, so you could have clearance issues !

Karl

Remember that they are et48 and iirc standard wheels are et37 so they will be 11mm farther in as standard so by fitting 15mm spacers you are only spacing them 4mm further out than standard.

Also depends on the width as well, so how wide are they standard wheels are 6.5J

Karl

Kudos. I totally didn't realise the ET issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for those that remotely care.

I spaced them 20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front. Currently still on standard wheels and it looks so mean! much more aggressive and IMO seems to roll much less and have a much improved steering response time.

I was so shocked at how much roll the spacing has killed that for now im considering just a rear arb. i think itll handle beautifully.

RIGHT NOW

I'm looking for colours for the wheels, or more precisely paint codes for the powder coaters.

Just an update for those that remotely care.

I spaced them 20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front. Currently still on standard wheels and it looks so mean! much more aggressive and IMO seems to roll much less and have a much improved steering response time.

I was so shocked at how much roll the spacing has killed that for now im considering just a rear arb. i think itll handle beautifully.

RIGHT NOW

I'm looking for colours for the wheels, or more precisely paint codes for the powder coaters.

Do you have any pics of the standard wheels spaced out? Want to do mine. Have you gone for hub centric or just ordinary spacers?

I will get some for you tomorrow Sir. I brought huncentrics that came with extended bolts from JJ's on ebay. good price too. I'd like someone else to try this and confirm whether the difference is as dramatic as i felt.

It was the front spacers that make the difference.

...was just going to ask with the spacer (not the hubcentric ones) did you use extended nuts or didn't need to?

Also, Gunmetal I would say would be a nicer colour, or a darker colour but not black.

Are you selling you OEM wheels?