Fog rewire to main beam

R4NDY

Has anyone rewired the front fogs to main beam? Don't use them as fogs as other drivers annoy me when they have em on all the time!

Anyone any tips/easy guide?

It's something I'll look to do when it's a bit warmer unless a quick job??

Cheers

Not much benefit in terms of lighting! I'd be interested if there was an OE looking replacement driving light!

I had the optional driving lights on my Elise and they turned night into day even though the lights them selves were actually very small!

I seem to vaguely recall the under-bumper foglights carry a restriction of when they can be used legally.

Bad weather including foggy conditions are among to use legally.

My Fabia VRS foglights are pitiful to observe any light being emitted from the driving position, unless extremely dark good weather conditions.

Look good, but more for decoration than use, even when the car was new.

• Like 1

I seem to vaguely recall the under-bumper foglights carry a restriction of when they can be used legally.

Bad weather including foggy conditions are among to use legally.

My Fabia VRS foglights are pitiful to observe any light being emitted from the driving position, unless extremely dark good weather conditions.

I changed mine to LED's over the weekend. Think the lack of light being immited is due to a metal cage/surround around the light bulb itself which is used to hold the bulb in place. Next time i get a chance im going to remove this damn cage! lol.

Its pretty simple to do. You will need a relay and some wire/clips/solder/tape.

You will need to find the headlight wire so either from the stalk at the steering wheel, fuse box or at the headlight its self.

4 wires for the relay. 12v + and - Feed in(headlight wire) feed out (foglight wire)

Yeah, you'll want to do that, otherwise when you put fogs on the main beam circuit burns out. Not that I have experience...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I had them wired on a mondeo like I described above with no problems but then again I wasnt driving around with the fogs on all the time.

I only done it as I never used the fogs

They're not meant to be bright though, are they??.. I thought their job was too illuminate kerb and road markings when visibility is very short... Which is why they only really cast any light down at the front and to the sides..

There was talk on here, when the mk2 vRS came out, as to if the fog light mounted DRL's could be fitted to a mk1?

Edited by Rob.

If you think fogs flash better than (halogen) high beams, clearly you've never seen them in action.

Ask someone for help to operate lights, and stand in front of the car, 30m-50m away. Like for like power, high beams will have 50+ TIMES lower intensity.

The only time why I'd ever consider flashing fogs would be with a slow start HID kit fitted in the main beams. But then it would make more sense to either refit rapid start HID kit in main beams, or a voltage booster and stock halogen bulbs (these work better for long range than HID in main beams).

Actually.. Diesel V6 is right.

People used to miss my flashes because it took me a little while to work out I was too quick with the stalk.. I started holding it for a split second longer and now people register it..

If you think fogs flash better than (halogen) high beams, clearly you've never seen them in action.

Ask someone for help to operate lights, and stand in front of the car, 30m-50m away. Like for like power, high beams will have 50+ TIMES lower higher intensity.

:blush:

I currently flash my fogs seperately as a non blinding thank you at night and hardly anyone notices. soon as the weather warms up, I've got a drl module to fit to them. Fog they will not be for much longer!

Is there a direct fit for the fogs to replace with drl's. I never use my fogs, at least if they were drl's they would see some use. Often wondered if you could just replace the fog buld with a lower rated bulb instead.