Scuff on alloy wheel on newly purchased Octavia

I very recently (last couple of weeks) bought my Octavia Estate 1.6 TDI SE Plus.

I have now noticed this scuff/gouge in one of the alloy wheels. The car was second had as it previously was owned by a retal company.

Is this type of wear to be expected, or should I go back and complain (or is it too late now?). I did ask if there was any damage and they said no (obviously I checked myself, but missed this). I guess they can say I have done this since buying (I know that I have not).

It doesn't overly bother me, other than if I should not have acceptabed this when I bought it and demanded they fixed it.

Also, is there an easy way to fix it? I'm not fussed if it is still slightly noticable as I'm sure I'll put a few more on myself in time! But a cheap and easy way to make it better would help.

post-99965-0-58941700-1361282160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim Ted

Firstly, as others have said, don't think you'll get anywhere going back.

Secondly, how the feck did you miss that?!?!

Agreed

Cant believe you could have missed that, Im guessing its happened since you owned the car

I wouldn't go to the dealers, I'd visit the opticians

You couldn't have missed that!!

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

Edited by Its me

Good smart repairer should be able to sort that without having to paint the whole wheel, bit more than a scuff though!

Or another way of looking at it is…. for the price of a partially repaired wheel you can get the whole wheel dipped, blasted and repaired.

I know what I would (did) do.

Yep, full refurb on that - too deep IMO for a good quality 'quick' repair.

As your location is 'UK' I can't give you a decent local recommendation of a wheel refurb establishment.

Go to the right place though, and it's unlikely to cost you any more than a mobile repairer to come and do a 'quick fix'.

I'm struggling to get paintwork sorted on a 5 month old car so you don't stand a chance with that one I'm afraid. Apparently I've rubbed the paintwork off the inside of my wheel arches myself? It couldn't possibly be due to the crap paint job in the wheel arch.

Well I'm ashamed to say that I didn't check the car over as thoroughly as I should. It was 6 months old and 13k on the clock, and seemed to be in pristine condition wherever I looked. It quickly got to the point where I was happy the car was immaculate, and I was also told that Škoda would not release it unless it was so. I'm hindsight I should have done more thorough checking, but to be fair this is a relatively small thing and the rest of the car seems perfect.

Wardy- I live around the Bournemouth & Poole area in dorset. I'm keen to get it fixed as cheap as poss

Thanks for the help everyone.

These guys are in Poole http://www.skospares.com/

They may have a decent s/hand wheel which could cost less than a refurb, get the refurb price first & you can use that as a barganing tool

Ive used them when rebuilding a totalled car for all the nigly little bits & they were very good, just give them a call

Edited by Stuart_J

I think I will wait a bit before getting it done. I'm bound tro get some other marks before too long so might as well get the looking new again after a couple of years.

I presume no harm will come to the wheel with a scratch like this? It can't corode, because the metal is solid alloy all the way through, right?

If you're not that bothered about it, you could simply get a silver touch-up pen and then some lacquer over the top.

That would give it some protection and make it look better than it does now. I wouldn't be too concerned about corrosion but it would be better to at least protect the finish to a degree.

Ive had a couple of instances of this recently. My old Golf company car went in for an MOT and checkover (at a franchised VW dealer) just before it went back to the lease company; car was more or less immaculate. Guy that dropped it back to the office was a little careless when parking up and kerbed the life out of one of my front wheels that was unmarked before.

Complained and fair shout the driver fessed up were v apologtic and they offered to repair it with no argument. Even offered to collect and return the car save any inconvenience.

A few weeks on had my old Fabia vRS estate valeted at work, car came back immaculate other than the fact the driver had driven over a kerbstone upon leaving the car park and had put a small but deep kerbing on one of my dark chromes. Wasnt impressed but again, complained, couldnt be apologetic enough and upon getting it repaired (they offered but chose to use someone of my own choosing) they paid me the full amount by cheque.

Goes to show there are still some decent folk out there!