Miles per tank...

estorilblue

Now the citigo has been on the road for a year-ish, engines should be very much run in.

How many miles do you get per tank, and in what circumstances?

I've driven 5600 km / 3500 miles (from November 7th, 2012 to March 1st, 2013) on winter tyres (165/70 R14 T81 Michelin Alpine A4 on Apus alloys).

On longer drives with highway (max. 80-90 kmh / 50-55 mph) and in and out of the city, I now get an average of 20-22 kml / 57-62 mpg.

On longer drives with motorway (max. 110-130 kmh / 68-81 mph) and in and out of the city, I now get an average of 18-20 kml / 51-57 mpg. I use cruise control a lot and drive conservatively...

I guess my overall average so far including short city drives would be around 17-19 kml / 48-54 mpg. I'm quite happy with that considering new engine, snow and frost.

I'll put on summer tyres around April 1st (185/55 R15 T82 Michelin Energy Saver + on MSW 20 15" alloys).

I planned to add a Webasto Parking Heater but have been conservative with the money too :) The Citigo heats up really fast and I have a good, big snow/frost broom. I don't think the Webasto should be needed although the leather steering wheel feels a little cold on a frosty day - at least for the first 15 minutes. My Citigo should look like this with the summer tyres / alloys...

msw20-citigo.jpg

I have seen 2 other white Citigos with the sporty black foils in my city, so I'll be doing something to my roof (more black foil) at some point.

Edited by pixel_viking

Went to Leeds and back, part motorway, part cross country. Used less than 3/4 of a tank and trip showed over 300 miles at that point, so looking at a range of about 420 - 450 miles I would estimate.

Bit ambious those estimated figures. I've noticed the last quarter of the tank (gauge reading) seems to get used quicker and less miles for it than other 3/4.

I see 360 at best for mixed driving on a full tank.

Mick

Edited by MickA

I know it isnt a Citigo / or VAG version. But the mpg claims are very similar the Aygo group of cars I see over 400 miles on a long run going steady, around 360 or so as above with mixed driving and as at the moment is does around 2 miles a day, 320 miles or so to a tank.

They seem to be getting very similar figures. Which is good to hear in one respect, but a little disappointing that build quaility aside, they are getting the same as Toyota's version that is coming up to a decade old.

Bit ambious those estimated figures. I've noticed the last quarter of the tank (gauge reading) seems to get used quicker and less miles for it than other 3/4.

Mick

PID was estimating 110miles remaining. I am quite confident that over 400 was possible on that kind of driving. I am also confident that on a fully motorway trip running at 65mph, 450miles from the tank is on. I will be trying it in june :)

Mainly town driving and longest single journey 25 Miles on mainly A roads first tank 218 miles and fill was 19 litres (roughly 52 MPG).

Expect to get much better than this when engine fully run-in and more long journeys in the driving mix.

Regards,

Mike.

1. Bit ambious those estimated figures. I've noticed the last quarter of the tank (gauge reading) seems to get used quicker and less miles for it than other 3/4.
    Mick

yeah im seeing about that 360 miles per tank, i little disappointed with it - i know its only got a 35L tank but my old saxo got usually 400 miles but with a 45L tank

I do a short 3 - 4 miles commute each way per day and i have had roughly 350 miles per tank, with the exception of the last one :giggle: a mere 220 miles :think:

• Like 1

I do 700-1000 miles per week and have the 75 Greentech model. I average 400 miles per tank but I've never driven it until completely dry so I don't know how much further I can go (I generally fill up 32'ish litres). NB. did anyone else notice that after the last PID update the low fuel notification and offer of locating a fuel station now pop's up with 40 miles remaining rather than 30 miles remaining as it did before?...

I do 700-1000 miles per week and have the 75 Greentech model. I average 400 miles per tank but I've never driven it until completely dry so I don't know how much further I can go (I generally fill up 32'ish litres). NB. did anyone else notice that after the last PID update the low fuel notification and offer of locating a fuel station now pop's up with 40 miles remaining rather than 30 miles remaining as it did before?...

I got 390 from my last tank, no I realised it pop up at 45 miles till empty

yeah im seeing about that 360 miles per tank, i little disappointed with it - i know its only got a 35L tank but my old saxo got usually 400 miles but with a 45L tank

That'll be a 7mpg improvement over your Saxo then. I guess your point is the Citigo has a smaller tank ?

That'll be a 7mpg improvement over your Saxo then. I guess your point is the Citigo has a smaller tank ?

Yeah, just seems to go down quite quickly, although having said that the last tank of 390 wasn't too bad :)

All these points noted above, surely figures should improve when the weather gets better. My last car a big 1.9 diesel lump took ages to warm up, hence poorer consumption in winter on short runs. The Citigo engine though soon gets to temperature

but the loads put on it during winter does hit fuel consumption still.

Noticed I said when the weather gets better, looking out the window as I type snow blizzard here. B)

• Like 1

Just used my first full tank and calculate 51 mpg which is a bit disappointing as all the advertising specs offered around 70 ???

OK so it was all local short journeys but as it was the first tankful I have been driving like a granny and popped it into 5th asap.

Just used my first full tank and calculate 51 mpg which is a bit disappointing as all the advertising specs offered around 70 ???

OK so it was all local short journeys but as it was the first tankful I have been driving like a granny and popped it into 5th asap.

Don't worry, it'll be much better when the weather warms up - if it ever does.

Advertised figures are for a single trip, not a full tank average. I'd have to be really trying and at a max speed of 50 - 55mph in order to achieve a 70mpg on a decent trip I reckon. 65mpg has been done without much bother though :)

51mpg on short stop-start journeys is good going and bang on what I see for the same driving. Also, if you're going into high gears too early, it's possible you are wasting fuel that way.

Don't worry, it'll be much better when the weather warms up - if it ever does.

But you will never consistantly match the manufacturers quoted figures. Not a chance, too many variables compared with their laboratory conditions !!

• Like 1

But you will never consistantly match the manufacturers quoted figures. Not a chance, too many variables compared with their laboratory conditions !!

Also remember that the mileage is calculated based on a certain percentage of city and highway - they obviously cannot know how much of each you do.

The mileage numbers are in the manual under technical data (intra-urban and ex-urban).