New number plate :-)

It's good but a fine in the making I reckon. I have a private plate with is my first initial then my surname, and doesn't need any screws, squashing together of numbers etc. I do tend to space it A BC1A rater than ABC 1A though (obviously that's not my actual plate!). I'm just lucky I guess that there is a plate that fits my name so well but TBH I do sometimes feel that if people didn't do what you've done, then there wouldn't need to be laws to stop people doing what I've done. Then again we all draw the line somewhere different and its normally just in front of our feet! lol

• Like 1

And don't forget that would be an MOT failure

So is mine. I have Velcro sticky pads I attach to it, and my 'MOT' plates have Velcro pads on the back too. Not sure it's quite what the MOT regs mean by 'securely attached' but I like to think it gives the tester a giggle and its always passed so far......,

My plate is my name and one letter of my surname, had to request it from the DVLA and paid £520 for the privilege. Both my name and the plate are unique.

PS. and no it is not kai, he was my dog. :giggle:

Think yourself lucky - mine is an old style suffix plate so Ben though I requested it I had to wait for it to come up at auction. £500 reserve and went to 'going twice' with no bids so I stepped in expecting a bargain and some trader stuck his paws off. I'd agreed a limit of £800 with the missus and ended up paying about £1300 all in. Good job this trader put his arm down when he did as I was about to run over there and rip both his arms off & shove them up his arse! lol

Bit pricey fo what is justr a bit of fun but that was when I had a bit more spare cash flying around (i.e. before starting a family)

• Like 1

I found that changing my name by deed poll to KA56 KKL was far cheaper than buying a private plate ;-) The local bobbies and MOT centre seem to be happy with it too!

I'll get me coat :-/

LMFAO

I found that changing my name by deed poll to KA56 KKL was far cheaper than buying a private plate ;-) The local bobbies and MOT centre seem to be happy with it too!

I'll get me coat :-/

You still wasted cash - no need for the feed poll:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/relationships_e/relationships_birth_certificates_and_changing_your_name_e/change_of_name.htm

I chose this plate from the list in the dealers.

Close enuff, methinks - no dosh, no tugs Bloody Fast 62 Barney's Vee aRrrrr

:hi:

C3 YRS. as my mrs is C Byrs. Spaced correctly too. I have T21 GKB my initials and was bought for my 21st the T just because its a nice looking letter lol

C3 YRS. as my mrs is C Byrs. Spaced correctly too. I have T21 GKB my initials and was bought for my 21st the T just because its a nice looking letter lol

If you had C8 YRS and spaced it C 8YRS that'd be the same as I've done (font and spacing otherwise kegal) as i do rely on an 8 being a B. TBH I don't see an issue with that as it doesn't affect the readability. If you had C13 and squashed the 1 and 3 together that'd be different.

However the rules and law are quite clear. "Not having an issue" doesn't somehow make them legal - even if the plate can still be read.

Anything which uses illegal fonts, is spaced incorrectly or the one I absolutely detest use bolts to change appearance should be an MOT failure and would be subject to a £30 pull with the possibility of repeat offenders getting their plates taken away from them.

Doesn't of course stop people doing it. Personally I feel that the only good personal plates are those that require none of the above - the true "personal plates".

is this true....if you write off the car (god forbid) you lose the private plate? i.e it cannot be transferred off?