High front with Eibach Pro Kit?

Okay, i'll wait and see what happens. I just read from another site that it could be an issue if the suspensions isn't compressed when they tighten the bolts..

mine was the opposite with the eibach prokit (hatch version: 10-79-004-02-22) - the front was visibly lower than the rear.

infact my front dropped 30mm, while the rear dropped 20mm. i'm still not sure why.

so my car looks nose heavy.

DSCF2359.jpg

IMG_3613_zps8d2ed36c.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

nose down (slightly) is the way you want it, and is the way they come from the factory, bare in mind the rear arch sits lower, so can appear to be lower too

Sorry daz_pd what do you mean by that?

jsut meanign they havent fitted the front springs on the back and vice versa, but I dont think that would be possible

Hi smithy961 do you have any pictures i can see of yours? Did you get an alignment after install or isn't that necessary?

Not worked out how to upload photos yet will will look into later on. Yeah got the alignment done on the hunter rig so no problems there. Strange how the same kit has differences on other cars, I was hoping for a bit lower but not speed hump scraping lower!

Yep, loads initially. The supplied grease is utter tosh, they were squeaking immediately. Applied some decent lithium grease and it cured it right away. No problems since and that was about 2 years ago I think.

Is the kit for a diesel vRS by mistake? Obviously the diesel lump is heavier so springs would be stiffer to reflect this, and if it's a petrol engine it might sit higher because it's lighter?

Probably not though :think:

Mine was lower at the rear prior to lowering by some way which I hate. Having fitted the Skoda eibach kit it's lowered and seems more equal front and rear

Thanks for great images and answers. I'm just a little bit concerned about the compressing of damper thing when fastening the bolts - if that is true?

Edited by xdamn

Thanks for great images and answers. I'm just a little bit concerned about the compressing of damper thing when fastening the bolts - if that is true?

You should tighten everything up with the wheels back on the ground. I.e. do the bolts up enough to hold everything together then do the final torque up when the wheels are back on and the car is on the ground. Stops bushes from being twisted, shouldn't affect height.

The springs have been fitted into the seats and top mounts correctly?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2