kevinjwiles

Mk1 vrs fab

Best car ive owned in 20years

Same here for exact same reason! Would love to have another 06 BLT engine code (or is it BTL)

Depends on purpose.

Not doing any miles, Jag XJ or other large V6/V8 barge

Needing it to actually work maybe a 1.9tdi A4

• Like 1

I'm struggling to find any MK2 Octavia vRS let alone a diesel/estate with reasonable mileage for sub £4000?!

I was hunting about for a diesel Octy estate last night on Ebay saw a handful of MkII 2.0PD's, what mileage are you looking for? I am sure there were a few around 100K which I wouldn't call unreasonable personally for these diesels.

I was hunting about for a diesel Octy estate last night on Ebay saw a handful of MkII 2.0PD's, what mileage are you looking for? I am sure there were a few around 100K which I wouldn't call unreasonable personally for these diesels.

Just searched ebay (usually use autotrader as I find ebay cars are normally listed a little higher), can find only 3 MK2 Octavia vRS under £4000, all petrol and all over 100,000 miles, only one is in estate form. :think:

Just searched ebay (usually use autotrader as I find ebay cars are normally listed a little higher), can find only 3 MK2 Octavia vRS under £4000, all petrol and all over 100,000 miles, only one is in estate form. :think:

If ur budgets 4k u shud b lookin at cars priced around 4500-4800 with a view to haggling and using the power of cash

£4k gets you an awful lot of very different cars. Maybe the OP should be a bit more specific as to whether he wants a hot hatch, something silly fast and totally impractical, something barge-like or something hugely economical. Max mileages, max ages etc all come into the equation.

But since we're playing, EP3 Civic, should easily get a facelifted one for that. Comfy, quick, stupidly well built, reasonably economical and IMHO, a good looking car I'd be very happy to own.

Oddly enough this is the budget I have for my next aquisition given that i'm semi-retiring my Mk2 Golf from the 60 mile daily commute. Given the choice and the fantastic examples a Mk1 Octy VRs is high on the list. Unfortunately the mrs googled what a W8 Passat was when I tried to con her into having one over a B6 tdi