Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons

Yety

There's something wrong with men in their seventies having young kids.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah they drop dead playing football down the park

And young attractive wives!!

I dunno about that ..... young wives maybe

Attractive ...I'm not so sure.

It's a tough life in Rhiwbina .. :giggle:

• Like 2

I'm happy to ramp up production - just need to come up with a plausible justification to give to SWMBO!

Just tell her the truth. We need more beer, we can't help it if you have to keep sampling it to get it perfect :D .

Bob and Graham are experts :giggle:

:angel:

• Like 1

Edit, I meant to add, Vector 4's are fantastic all year round on the wifes Ibiza, the wet grip is particularly good.

They don't seem wear either although that me be down to the fact that I rarely drive the car !!

:wait: Goodyear Vector 4's now I remember how this started, Thanks David

I dunno about that ..... young wives maybe

Attractive ...I'm not so sure.

It's a tough life in Rhiwbina .. :giggle:

Depends on which part of Rhiwbina though, David?

My parents lived in Heol Nant Castan.

Depends on which part of Rhiwbina though, David?

My parents lived in Heol Nant Castan.

My in laws live on Cefn Craig !!

I should have said Rhiwbina Primary School, I'm on Pantmawr, but the wife likes to call it Rhiwbina, and like to correct her, still lifes tough on Pantmawr also !!

Edit.... My bad on the topic taking a deviation

I wouldn't worry about it too much, David, it happens around here. Probably an age and beer thing.

Back on track, several here have reported how good the Vectors are and I possibly would have gone down that route but when I had to buy tyres last week there were none available at a sensible price so I stuck with my very good Kumho's. I've asked my tyre man to see what prices he can get in July or August, then may get 4 then, as I suspect I will need 2 tyres around then.

I put the Vector Four Seasons on SWMBOs i10. Good grip and skinny tyres (165s) meant they have been great in the slush & snow. Slightly noisier than the summer tyres they replaced (Falkens and Hankooks) but that's the only downside I can see. We won't know about wear rates for some time at only 5000 miles a year.

I replaced the Vectors on my front wheels after 22k miles. They were almost down to the 4mm blocks that is the recommended minimum depth for snow use, and I was about to drive to the Alps to ski so erred on the side of caution - they were still perfectly legal and fine for most road use. I had to replace one of the rears after a puncture that couldn't be repaired, but the other has done 30k miles so far and still going strong - that's not yet down to the 4mm mark. My annual mileage will be much less now that I've taken early retirement (from my university lecturer post, dozens of academic articles, a few books - one the best seller in the field ... not that any of that is relevant in this forum, it is what people have to say that interests and amuses me ... anyone who feels the need to boast about their cv to justify themselves really is rather sad, but hey ho) so I don't expect to have to replace the rear until next autumn.

Get the beer going Martin. Bibito ergo sum!

• Like 2

I replaced the Vectors on my front wheels after 22k miles. They were almost down to the 4mm blocks that is the recommended minimum depth for snow use, and I was about to drive to the Alps to ski so erred on the side of caution - they were still perfectly legal and fine for most road use. I had to replace one of the rears after a puncture that couldn't be repaired, but the other has done 30k miles so far and still going strong - that's not yet down to the 4mm mark. My annual mileage will be much less now that I've taken early retirement (from my university lecturer post, dozens of academic articles, a few books - one the best seller in the field ... not that any of that is relevant in this forum, it is what people have to say that interests and amuses me ... anyone who feels the need to boast about their cv to justify themselves really is rather sad, but hey ho) so I don't expect to have to replace the rear until next autumn.

Get the beer going Martin. Bibito ergo sum!

Bob - Graham asked him what his profession was. He was giving him a polite response not trying to justify himself. Don't be so hostile.

• Like 1

I'm most surprised our friend from 'kiwiland' hasn't joined in with this discussion :giggle:

Sorry did I miss something important?

Doesn't look like it. Just the usual mock outrage. R999's posts are quite interesting.

Bob - Graham asked him what his profession was. He was giving him a polite response not trying to justify himself. Don't be so hostile.

Thank you, Dom.

Just think, Bobdog: if I had been your head of department, you could have taken early retirement so much sooner. Would have, in fact.

• Like 1

Edit, I meant to add, Vector 4's are fantastic all year round on the wifes Ibiza, the wet grip is particularly good.

They don't seem wear either although that me be down to the fact that I rarely drive the car !!

Thanks, I'd settled on Vector 4 Seasons in my mind, just nice to hear a few favourable comments before I find out for myself.

Good tyres the Vector 4 Season.

My wife runs them on her Yeti all year round.

Although she only manages about 2000 miles each year which is why we went for them.

I do notice a slight lack of grip over +20c though, if pulling away enthusiastically from junctions.

Is it possible to die of constipation?

I can see why you'd be concerned.

Better make an appointment with your GP.

Or vet, maybe.

We have a "tame" one here, although he has migrated to a 'Burb lately!

He'll know!!

You called sir!!?

All I will contribute is a quote from a textbook of physiology that I didn't write (since you couldn't possibly afford my fees...) and that is that you can die straining on a stool.

What the textbook did not make clear was whether or not it was a barstool, as would be found in a corner!!

• Like 2

Got 4 seasons on mine. Replaced the rears within a month of getting the car (they were Pirellis I think, but the fronts were almost new 4 seasons, so matched them up).

I've done over 20k miles on these tyres so far, and the fronts are about level with the snow-markers. I bought a new pair thinking I'd need to replace them before the recent Scottish trip, but risked it with the 4 - 5mm tread left. They were fine - didn't even have any trouble going up and down the mountain at Applecross on the west coast in the snow. Seem to be a good mate with the 4x4 system.

Mine have been tested in snow, ice, rain, floods, hail, hot tarmac, mud and a plague of locusts* and have been great throughout. They're not the cheapest, but they do the job.

Certainly last significantly longer than the tyres on my Furby and Scooby... they used to eat tyres.

* might be making this bit up...