Just picked up my octavia today - inital thoughts.

You weren't tempted with the Octavia MkIII behind yours then ;)

Nah, I recon the new vrs estate will be at least 6k more when it comes out. Then new one is nice but not 6k nicer.

It's not a company car, it's called taxi cos the lads at work call it that, let's face it there's thousands and thousands of Octavia taxis about.

I actually really like it so far

Well i picked up the octavia today, I have christened it "the taxi". Its a diesel manual with the alcantara pack, reversing sensors, spare wheel, and variable boot floor.

Drove it the 60 miles from Carlisle and my initial thoughts are that i like it. Nice balance of firmness without too harsh a ride, a good bit of poke for overtaking, the build quality is spot on, stereo is ok and plenty of room for the dogs.

Best of all according to the computer even whilst playing a bit i averaged 47mpg, never got that from a car in my life!

Yup i knw its a crap pic, why i took it with the door open i have no idea

48019110151358326103461.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Must say though I was impressed with the service of John Haynes from Telfords skoda. I ordered the car over the phone after ringing round a few dealers. He was spot on to deal with and havin9 asked for none of the usual sales BS i got no BS from him. His communication was great throughout and he was thoughtfull enough to get a spare rear reg plate done for me for my bike rack, this was without being asked and ecause he remembered that i had mentioned fitting a tow bar when on the phone. He also gave my dad a skoda cap free after he was cheeky enough to try and scrounge one.

A nice hassle free transaction without all the "i will just speak to my boss" rubbish!

Plenty of room for the dogs....???????.. :no: :no: ..if I had just bought that, they would be getting dragged behind on a very long lead !!!!!

Absolute stunner mate...enjoy !!!

Edited by phillip
  • Like 2

nice choice mate.....I got the hatch bag for the rear so no hairs anywhere and it fits like a glove......................

perfect for the "thing" in our boot :giggle:its even got a piece what folds out so no marks on the bumper

thunderatbrid027.jpg

bridinjune008.jpg

That last picture looks photoshopped to make the dog appear massive. :rofl: What a size.

Ed - Good stuff. Enjoy the new car.

no he is massive here he is knocking crap out of the wife in garden

fight001.jpg

Edited by greatdane
  • Like 1

Plenty of room for the dogs....???????.. :no: :no: ..if I had just bought that, they would be getting dragged behind on a very long lead !!!!!

Absolute stunner mate...enjoy !!!

+1 -1 one of the last bargains by the looks of things. I begrudge allowing the family in mine, let alone doggie woggies.

Enjoy your new vRS- try not to bore your mates too much about how good it is :rofl:

The wife has just seen those pictures and was shocked at the size of your dog, in fact her remark was "Oh my god its a cow".

Makes our two Labradors look like lap dogs :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ed209 you have a quality name and a quality car in the (as said) best colour! Enjoy the heck out of it.

ps would you consider a colour coded grill surround like some of us have done? I was never happy with the big mirror on race blue on mine, personal thing though some like some not so much.

ed209 you have a quality name and a quality car in the (as said) best colour! Enjoy the heck out of it.

ps would you consider a colour coded grill surround like some of us have done? I was never happy with the big mirror on race blue on mine, personal thing though some like some not so much.

The woman has talked about this already, Im not sure personally. I will leave it standard for a while though.

Seeing as someone mentioned dogs, Here goes lol

Here is poppy our new pup we picked up on monday. She is just under 9 weeks now and is trouble with a capital T. We were not planning on getting her so soon after loosing our pup Lucy only 6 weeks ago at 4 months old but the right dog cropped up so the mrs went ahead and got her. We lost lucy to kidney failure, the cause of which remains to be seen.

Thing is every time she is naughty a keep calling her Lucy and sometimes when i look at her and think of Lucy it brings a tear to my eye. Poppy is a different dog and i am sure she will be loved to bits but I wish we still had Lucy.

48631710151359952698461.jpg

52884510151359953808461.jpg

And here is Poppy with Oscar our other lab.

57926510151359954278461.jpg

no he is massive here he is knocking crap out of the wife in garden

fight001.jpg

Wow, I bet you know about it when he jumps on top of you in bed in the morning looking for his breakfast!

We lost lucy to kidney failure, the cause of which remains to be seen.

There have been a spate of dogs dying from kidney failure near where I live (south of the country). They had all been walked in a local forest beauty spot....they don't know what has been causing it, but it's definitely linked to that forest they were walked in.

And what you meant to type was that black is the best colour!

Ed that's a tidy looking car mate, glad to see you had no issues with Telfords!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Well still loving the car, showing about 43mpg so far in its first tank.

Paid off the finance today so it worked out i paid £18122 for a brand new vrs cr manual estate with metallic, rear parking sensors, variable boot floor, alcantara pack, spare wheel and three years servicing (which vw confirmed i will still get) I am over the bloody moon with that! Thats against a full list price of £23400 so £5278 off list which isnt too shabby.

Lot of car for the money I think

(cue someone telling me i coulf have got it cheaper elsewhere lol)

Edited by ed209
  • Like 2