Spotted - Yeti quattro at Malton

dbg400

No red in the TDi lettering, so a 110?

Difficult to tell by the photo, so all silver is a 110 and the chrome tail pipes an add on then. Looks nice anyway whoever the keeper is :)

Briskoda sticker same spot as mine, although ours also carries the SMOC bigfoot on the opposite side ;)

TP

Edited by The Plumber

No not me guys, mine is a 110 2wd as tim said, but hopefully only for a few more days as my new one should be here by then.

Besides mines filthy, that's gleaming..

• Like 1

Yep - dealer sticker removed on all my new cars as soon as I am out of the dealers premises.

I also hate those awful transfers some dealers place underneath the model badge - usually in crappy italic writing.

And while we are at it - the dealers who can't put a rear number plate on straight and/or central, and sometimes use self tapping screws drilled into bodywork instead of using the correct pre installed fixings.

• Like 3

Ooh, that number plate thing. How can they let vehicles out of their premises like that? And what an advert for their sloppy work. How the owners accept it is beyond me.

Mine has a red "i" in tdi, and a red "x" in 4x4, and is the 2ltr 103kw SE. Has anything changed with the badging?

So's mine. I believe that's the standard for the 140 4x4. There was a thread somewhere....

Ooh, that number plate thing. How can they let vehicles out of their premises like that? And what an advert for their sloppy work. How the owners accept it is beyond me.

Not sure you can blame the dealer on this one as it looks like a cut down plate to me.

Not sure you can blame the dealer on this one as it looks like a cut down plate to me.

Indeed. I was agreeing with Truthseeker's "and while we are at it" remark.

• Like 1

And while we are at it - the dealers who can't put a rear number plate on straight and/or central, and sometimes use self tapping screws drilled into bodywork instead of using the correct pre installed fixings.

This has always been a pet hate of mine, and the wife who never notices these kind of things thinks I have number plate OCD! In a previous life, working in a Mitsubishi/Colt dealership I spent a great deal of time ensuring both front and rear plates were absolutely perfect! Luckily both plates on the Yeti have passed muster.

• Like 1

Number plates again (sorry), but another pet hate of this grumpy old git, is those individuals who spend 2/6d (that's 12.5p to our younger members), on a cheapo personal plate, then jiggle the numbers/letters/black screws around to try and spell their name. And, just in case you can't work it out for yourselves, they very kindly have it printed along the bottom of the plate in small lettering - Arghhhhhhh!!!!

If people can't afford the real deal, then leave well alone, because they remind me of the clowns who drive their soft tops with the hood down at the slightest hint of sunshine when it is freezing (mainly Audi drivers I might add), although classic car owners doing this in their Morgans etc in their leather jackets/flying hats/goggles are exempt from this criticism.

• Like 3

Number plates again (sorry), but another pet hate of this grumpy old git, is those individuals who spend 2/6d (that's 12.5p to our younger members), on a cheapo personal plate, then jiggle the numbers/letters/black screws around to try and spell their name. And, just in case you can't work it out for yourselves, they very kindly have it printed along the bottom of the plate in small lettering - Arghhhhhhh!!!!

If people can't afford the real deal, then leave well alone,

This silly habit seems to be on the way out around here. Mr Plod is very diligent on this point and I think MOTs include this check too.

Be warned, Skoda dealers are still capable of unbelievable behaviour. Imagine my horror when I removed my rear number plate...

Rear3.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Luckily Skoda UK agreed and paid for the repair.

The official recommended method is the lockable plastic "euro-carrier" plate like this (other brands are available!) that is screwed to the car using the nylon bushes, and then the number plate is fitted to the carrier and locked in place. A tool is needed to remove the plate thus defeating number plate thieves.

The alternative type used by most VAG dealers is a similar but cheaper frame that does not have the locking device, and just relies on double sided sticky pads to hold the plate in the frame. There are still no screw heads on show at the rear, and it is still reasonably difficult for the plates to be stolen.

Whichever type is used, there is no drilling involved as all the holes are already in the carrier, so it should be impossible to get it out of alignment!

Edited by speedsport

I'm looking at these on eBay http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649 . Lot dearer but have the Skoda logo. Now I look, neither actually says the listing is for a pair. Will check that but then treat us to a new set of euro plates. Our demo car didn't have them fitted.

Be warned, Skoda dealers are still capable of unbelievable behaviour. Imagine my horror when I removed my rear number plate...

Rear3.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Luckily Skoda UK agreed and paid for the repair.

Proves my point exactly. What then happens over a period of time is that water can seep into the inner skin of the tailgate and will rust. I suggest all members have a look under their rear plate - you may be horrified. Trouble is at most dealers, it is the trainee/apprentice who gets the number plate job and well.........you can guess the outcome (see above post).