Spotted - Yeti quattro at Malton

dbg400

They look like 17 inch SE alloys to me. Dolomites.

They are indeed.

Be warned, Skoda dealers are still capable of unbelievable behaviour. Imagine my horror when I removed my rear number plate...

Rear3.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Luckily Skoda UK agreed and paid for the repair.

Did they take the car to the local meat retailers to have them fitted? :o

Well lads, it was me...... I can assure you that the plate is on straight , put it on my self, and the reason the dealer sticker has not been taken off, is that I don't want to damage the heated rear screen ...... The yeti did feel out of place at malton, usually take my 350 bhp cupra, but alas I sold it 2 weeks ago, missed but never forgotten.....

Is the Quattro badge a dealer fix, or owner add on?

I think if Audi thought quattro badges were being put on by Skoda dealers they would go absolutely bonkers. :D

By the way, it's quattro with a small "q".

I won't bother to tell you why, but someone will probably turn up at some stage to enlighten us about Audi and Quattro/quattro history.

It's not that important in the context of this thread.

Well lads, it was me...... I can assure you that the plate is on straight , put it on my self, and the reason the dealer sticker has not been taken off, is that I don't want to damage the heated rear screen ...... The yeti did feel out of place at malton, usually take my 350 bhp cupra, but alas I sold it 2 weeks ago, missed but never forgotten.....

Hair dryer is usually the best bet for removing stickers without damaging the elements.

TP

I think if Audi thought quattro badges were being put on by Skoda dealers they would go absolutely bonkers. :D

Perish the thought!

Quattro is a model, produced in the 80s onwards whereas quattro refers to Audi AWD models. quattro is a registered trademark of Audi and spelt with a "q" in honour of it's form namesake.

Nice Yeti BTW - look smart in white.

Thanks for all the compliments, I've fitted a few extras, sat nav( rns310), Bluetooth, towbar,roof bars, mudflaps , tailpipes,mdi and the list goes on, wife really likes her car, I borrow it when I'm between cars....

Hair dryer is usually the best bet for removing stickers without damaging the elements.

TP

'Postfireblade', on 02 April 2013 - 13:11, said:

and the reason the dealer sticker has not been taken off, is that I don't want to damage the heated rear screen ......

The sooner after delivery that you remove the dealer's sticker, the easier it is, and preferably before you use the heated rear window if the sticker goes across any elements. They nearly always use non-damaging adhesive which should not leave a residue - provided you remove it early enough! An alternative to heating it with a hair dryer if the sticker is stubborn, chose a bright warm day & just park your car with the the rear window facing the sun and allow the glass to warm that way. Plenty of heat there!

I was lucky that my dealer sticky started to peel off with the heat, and peeled off fully easily, with a little WD40 to remove excess glue as someone somewhere suggested(worked well)

Not so easy with my Swiss Vignette from last summer, that is a toughie, Next time I'll just stick it on clear plastic on the window, and pass it over to anyone heading into the country after I have left!!!

The only reference to the dealers on my car at collection was on the number plate and the tax disc holder. I had expected to remove a sticker but they saved me the trouble. The tax disc holder has gone now too, replaced by a Briskoda one :)