Vrs new signature colour!

Not sure if this was covered but now the non Vrs Octavia lll is available in race blue, I think this a rather big disappointment as race blue is the signature Vrs colour as everyone knows.

Has anyone any idea why Skoda did this or has anyone an idea what the new Vrs signature colour might be??

I'm thinking green or white maybe!

Is anyone else annoyed the new Octavia is available in race blue in non Vrs form?

Don't think white as that is also standard colour unless they bring out a pearlescent version! What about a nice Asbo Orange? Personally, I would still have the blue even in vRS as the big bumpers, painted calipers and rear wing are what really sets it apart from the other trim levels B) I wonder if the rear wing will also be an optional accessory for retro fit to other trims? :devil:

Is anyone else annoyed the new Octavia is available in race blue in non Vrs form?

Couldn't care less, but you're not alone, for some reason there are a few on here annoyed about it.

couldn't give a monkeys that you can get other spec octavias in race blue, the Vrs is too different to the other models to get mixed up. as dodgy said, some people are getting a bit chucking the toys out the cot over this issue.

• Like 2

I wonder if the rear wing will also be an optional accessory for retro fit to other trims? :devil:

Funny I was wondering the same thing :) The boot spoiler is one of my favourite features of my present vRS!

• Like 1

They've done it so that plebs like me who can't afford a VRs, aren't just left with a silver/black/grey choice. (or dowdy blues that are a depreciation nail in the coffin)

Bright green with differently styled (strutted) bumper, twinkly lights, big alloys and spoiler should differentiate enough for most.

Orange looked good on the focus st, doesn't quite look 'right' on other cars though.

How about a deep Ferrari red or even a 70's inspired orange or purple? Used to have a yellow Cupra and I loved that.

Edited by jonnymick

It's because it's a nice colour. It would be interesting to see what ratio the blue sold in comparison to the other colours and if Skoda realised the link. No doubt they have. What next. A Monte-type version of a VRS Octavia? Perhaps they should go the other way and also do a VXR type of souped up VRS and do away with all that bothersome remapping and suspension/upgrade work.

• Like 1

They've done it so that plebs like me who can't afford a VRs, aren't just left with a silver/black/grey choice. (or dowdy blues that are a depreciation nail in the coffin)

Bright green with differently styled (strutted) bumper, twinkly lights, big alloys and spoiler should differentiate enough for most.

Orange looked good on the focus st, doesn't quite look 'right' on other cars though.

How about a deep Ferrari red or even a 70's inspired orange or purple? Used to have a yellow Cupra and I loved that.

Twinkly lights lol there proper drl,s :) and ur forgetting the most important part the 170 under the hood :)

That's the best thing about a Vrs it has looks,power and economy, not many other cars have all this!

Edited by Davidsr20

The watering down of the vRS is when they put that tractor engine in it ! :bandit::rofl:

I think they have sold double the amount of diesels to Petrol versions.....and as for the Blue........everybody went for the blue and it has become common....now Green is very rare :rofl:

• Like 1

A nice deep red metallic might suit it, but I'm sure we'll find out what the new colour is soon.

As has been said before, outside of the UK you've been able to get non-VRS versions in Race Blue before, so it's hardly the end of the world.

Edited by Dr Zoidberg
  • Like 1

+1 for VRS in Deep Red/Burgundy metallic...probably too late to influence Skoda mgmt, shame. As for engines, if the new diesel VRS is a real step up in performance, it could also persuade the petro-philes to swap over. Particularly if the new reputed 220bhp petrol is only marginally better than the current TSI. I'm sure the dealerships will be very busy in June-July.

Would be nice to see a STRICTLY limited model of RS with something along the lines of 300 + BHP. Maybe in matte black or some real garish colour - lime green, citrin yellow (old Mondeo colour?) Soho pink ;)

• Like 1

Bright metallic red, yes please. B)

Burgundy? That a joke? :giggle:

Burgundy/dark metallic. A change, toned down from Corrida red, which is good but SWMBO thinks ours is as 'loud' as a fire engine.

Think it's Nissan that has a burgundy red that looks black till you get close up, or the sun is shinning on it. Now that's a nice colour.

I think it's Black Rose, stunning colour!

Maybe some 'flip' colours could be added, such as the above or black/green etc.

Saw a new Fiesta (ST - is that still around) this morning in what I thought was a different shade of ST Blue, seemed to have a bit more purple in it, that looked good as well.