LED tyre valve caps, are they legal for road use?

VRS-R

I want to get some new tyre valve caps as 2 of the caps are missing. Someone mentioned you can get some LED once which light up when the car is in motion but switch off when standing still. I've found them on Amazon and i think they'd look quite nice, but i've never seen anyone use them. Are they legal to use or only on private roads?

Also watch the metal ones they can seize on then it gets a bit expensive to get them removed. I recommend getting short valves and normal black caps

A small dab of silicone on each and they will never seize up

• 4 years later...

I have a set of these  https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/valves-accessories/richbrook-spinning-anti-theft-valve-caps

that I've had fitted to my last two cars and now on the Octavia.  Stops the kids from stealing them and letting the tyres down.  Just put a little dab of silicone grease on the threads and no problems seizing on.

I remember getting these with the likes of Fast Car Magazine many many years ago, think they used to say for show use only and not for the public road.

Remember going to car meets and pulling in before the meet location and changing them over.....

Davy

• 1 month later...