Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

I have been running with the re-programmed unit for a couple of weeks now. Starting with 4-2 found this to have a very aggressive acceleration, very quick to get the traction control lighting up, even in third - still wow!

Changed to 2-2 very smooth and precise acceleration right aross the rev range. Also very impressed with the increase in fuel economy, now I know the onboard trip isn't particularly accurate, on a recent motorway trip before fitting the unit I averaged 53mpg. With the unit fitted this has gone up to 62mpg! (high motorway speeds) Again onboard starting 630 per tank. Yes, this may be slightly higher than reality, but could only get 520 at a push before.

Sending the unit back for reprogramming was a very quick process, posted on Saturday and was fitted back on the car on Tuesday!

I was a little sceptical about fitting the unit, due to cost and the ongoing debate about chipping and warranties and modules, but the ease of fitting, the difference it can make to the enjoyment of diving, the increase in fuel economy and the ability to transfer to my next car, when I decide to change makes this unit an obvious addition to the car.

post-63247-0-28362100-1380570887_thumb.jpg

post-63247-0-69736800-1380570906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big P
  • Like 1

Yes the obc lies like a cheap watch!

Mine read 49.9 but the actual calculated mpg was 41.9. That was on 4.2 but I've switched to 4.1 and I'm doing a brim to brim test again.

Big P Try calculating your economy properly, mine dropped but the display went up, only by about 2mpg though so not worth worrying about considering the extra oomph.

Will do tank to tank test soon, don't often get a long run anymore, just town driving.

Will report back

• 2 weeks later...

Fuel economy update - part 1.....

Just run half a tank around town, so not the best of tests, managed 38 mpg.
Driving to Kendal and back this afternoon/evening so will do another fill to brim tomorrow and report back on true economy on a long run (250 mile round trip)

Still running on 2-2

ed209, on 28 Sept 2013 - 08:24, said:

Whats the difference with the new files? is it worth getting a unit reprogrammed? Is there a cost to this if i was just to pop in?

Map 2 is a lot better than the old map 2

Reflash is free

Been running one of these boxes from just before this thread started on my 2012 blackline got the box second hand from a guy that was running it on his Leon fr 170cr the box is a year and a half old now so think it might benefit from a reflash of the new files what do you think Andrew and will there be a charge for this since I didn't buy the box from you new but I did buy a replacement loom from you for it

Fuel economy part 2

Fast motorway speeds 43mpg, about the same as managed without the box, but I was driving quicker last night than usual...

Another long run coming next week, will try and drive at a more reasonable speed

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a CRD-T unit from Andrew last week and thought I'd give my thoughts on here as well :)

I sent Andrew emails last week before buying at around 10pm and was getting replies straight away, after order has been placed I received the parcel the next day - great service! Had some time on Saturday to fit it and it took about 15 minutes, no issues.

I set the box to map 4 +2 as I was after quite an aggressive kick and went for a test drive, WOW was the only thing I could think.. and probably looked like a right mug with the massive grin on my face :D

Ran the map for a few days but every now and then the engine would lurch or buck if that's the right term. It only happens when it is part throttle, so the signal somewhere must be getting mixed up. I know that when you give part throttle the EGR opens and I'm not sure if it's because the boost kicks in earlier on map 4 and then sends a rogue signal? It got a bit more frequent so yesterday changed to map 2 +2 and the issue hasn't happened since but will continue to monitor. I see what you mean with map 2 being smooth but power just there when you need it, awesome and still has the addictive kick! :D

Has anyone else had an issue like this at all? I quite like map 4 but not if it's going to cause issues.

Just to point out, I'm not saying there is an issue with the maps, box etc - might be a sensor or the EGR valve itself on the car that's causing/giving issues, just looking for some advice. In the install manual it says do not install cables in parallel with the injector pipelines, what would be the side effects of doing this just out of interest?

I will do some fuel economy checks once I can run a full tank per map/setting but currently it's looking like I am going to get more miles to the tank than before.

As I've mentioned a couple if times on the forum, not every car is going to like the same settings. We were unable to run our own Seat Leon 2,0 170 on anything higher than plus 1 as on plus 2 it just didn't feel right.

So even if Joe Bloggs is running plus 2/3 don't assume your car will do the same.

Map 2 was developed using vag com, and the majority of our 2.0 TDI customers prefer this file and are using plus 1/2 at a push

• Like 1

Hi Andrew,

I've had a good look through the thread and hope I didn't miss it:

But do you do a box for the Superb with the 2.0 140 CR?

I'm in Ireland, do you deliver?

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

I've had a good look through the thread and hope I didn't miss it:

But do you do a box for the Superb with the 2.0 140 CR?

I'm in Ireland, do you deliver?

Thanks

hello,

yes we can offer our CRD2+ (common rail only) discounted to £309.00

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_superb_2.0-tdi-140-ps-cr

or the stage 2 crd-t (common rail + boost)  discounted to £359.00

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_superb_2.0-tdi-140-ps-cr-stage-2-(crd-t)

Shipping to ireland via royal mail is £20.00, or fedex is £40.00

Can anyone tell me if they have had any engine warranty work done on their cars whilst using the DTUK CRD-T? I just keep reading all sorts of comments with modern ECUs recording the pressure and sensor readings etc and  if you have to take the car in for anything and they look into this they can see that something has been attached, then void the entire warranty. This is worrying the car may work great for months but could develop a fault, you remove the box and harness and the dealer goes looking as to the cause of the fault and maybe sends the data off to Skoda or manufacturer and they realise that something isn't right.

Is this possible? Can they really find out this level of information, also can an ECU overwrite or does this data eventually fall off the ECU memory over a period of time? I'd like to know this if dealers are becoming more and more aware of these systems.

Just to update on my previous post. I currently haven't got the box or wiring fitted and this morning I had a similar issues as previously mentioned. It seems to me at least that the issue is related to my car when it does a DPF regen (I've started another thread asking for some info) and not related to the box at all.

Have to say the support from Andrew has been fantastic and he really is a car enthusiast with a vast amount of knowledge, and will do everything to keep his customers happy :)

• Like 1

Just to update on my previous post. I currently haven't got the box or wiring fitted and this morning I had a similar issues as previously mentioned. It seems to me at least that the issue is related to my car when it does a DPF regen (I've started another thread asking for some info) and not related to the box at all.

Have to say the support from Andrew has been fantastic and he really is a car enthusiast with a vast amount of knowledge, and will do everything to keep his customers happy :)

Hi AJ

Im glad you've experienced the same issues without the kit fitted as we've been running your kit on our TT and its never skipped a beat.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted :)

• Like 1

I had terrible issues when running the tuning box, nothing to do with which setting it happened on all, took it off and the car has been top dog for +40k

I had terrible issues when running the tuning box, nothing to do with which setting it happened on all, took it off and the car has been top dog for +40k

And as I said earlier in the thread, I'm surprised you had issues and apologies if we let you down

Did the person you sold the box too ever come back to you with similar issues?

an email received from a CR 140 owner this morning..

Hi Andrew,
Box ordered on Thursday, arrived on Friday so thanks for the prompt service. I had the box fitted to my Scout yesterday and have left it on the map as supplied. I think it is Map 2 + 1 from peeking through the window. Anyway the difference is quite impressive on this conservative setting. The power delivery is much smoother through all the gears but 3rd seems much more useful now especially. The car even sounds a bit more gutsy, from the inside anyway. 
Obviously I have a lot of playing around to do with the maps and I know there is some trial and error involved but I would like to have some understanding of what I'm doing. I was wondering therefore if, when you have time, you could explain the settings in a little more detail?
I've been trying to decipher the graphs that came in the box. What do the red and yellow lines represent? Clearly the X axis is in volts so does this extrapolate to level of modification of the signal and hence to potential power/torque delivery?
Do the maps literally translate to 1-4, to potentially 10-40%? What do the trims within each map actually do?
I know how busy you must be Andrew so thanks in advance for your time.

Best regards,
NAME REMOVED

Ill be speaking to this customer at some point soon

this maybe of interest to some of you..

1425593_10151707916970756_433847140_n.jp

That right, you've read it correctly. Purchase a DTUK Petrol or Diesel Tuning System between now and the 31st of December 2013 and youre in with a chance of receiving a FULL REFUND from us for the full cost of the system.

The draw will be made on January the 3rd 2014, with the winner being named on our Facebook page.

This offer is open to our retail customers only.

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

Hi Andrew/Stuart,

thanks for the extra information on the phone.  When I opened the box it was actually set to 2;0 so I have adjusted to 2;2.  I am still testing it out but initially there does seem a bit more grunt compared to 2;0 so I am going to see how this goes for a while.  I must say I am really enjoying the experience of the extra power and as many people have said my Scout now feels like a different car.  My commute is very hilly so the extra torque when I put my foot down is very noticeable. 

Thanks again.

• Like 1