Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

Damn you all. I have just spent and unespected £367 pounds on the crd-t thanks to you guys. Lets hope its as good as people say and that my engine doesnt go bang!.

:-)

Damn you all. I have just spent and unespected £367 pounds on the crd-t thanks to you guys. Lets hope its as good as people say and that my engine doesnt go bang!.

:-)

It wont go bang :)

If any engine should of gone bang it was our seat leon :(

That had a hard short life with us :)

Thanks for the order too Matthew

manged to try these 2 maps ocer last few days

map 4 +1 is immense, the slight touch of the accelerator and the power is instance, does the turbo kick in early on this one? as there is no lag lol

map 2 +2 feels completely different, less lower down power but its there later on, not sure if i like it though. i thought this was the same as map4? doesn't feel like it to me though

both have no issues with gear changing but for me map 4+1 transforms the car and very pleased with it,

not tried map1 or map3 yet but think il keep to map4+1, mpg is up to but a couple which is good :)

have you got your box back yet? interested to hear how you are finding the pedal box aswelll

let us know

I fitted one to my Vrs CR two years ago but couldn't handle the plumes of white smoke that would periodically come out under acceleration, then to make matters worse the engine started clanking and went into limp mode.............Took the tuning box off and no more plumes of white smoke and no more engine clanking.............

Just thought that I would comment..........

I fitted one to my Vrs CR two years ago but couldn't handle the plumes of white smoke that would periodically come out under acceleration, then to make matters worse the engine started clanking and went into limp mode.............Took the tuning box off and no more plumes of white smoke and no more engine clanking.............

Just thought that I would comment..........

Did you ever come back to us and mention the issues you were having? and more importantly which map/setting were you running?

The only issues of limp mode ive heard of have always been down to the box being set too high..

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

The good old days :)

Thanks for the kind words ..

Actually have just bought mk3 octavia with the new cr150 engine so might be interested in a box for that. It is a lease car and under warranty so obviously don't want a remap. But have heard rumours about needing 5 tuning boxes?

Did you ever come back to us and mention the issues you were having? and more importantly which map/setting were you running?

The only issues of limp mode ive heard of have always been down to the box being set too high..

I did indedee, it was confirmed by DTUK that the company Leon produced white smoke on occasion and in the same way, I also confirmed the settings. Unfortunately there was no diagnosis to be found so I decided that rather than wait for my engine to potentially detroy itself I took the box off. Car runs fine now............

Actually have just bought mk3 octavia with the new cr150 engine so might be interested in a box for that. It is a lease car and under warranty so obviously don't want a remap. But have heard rumours about needing 5 tuning boxes?

5 boxes??

Youll only need one, infact the guys in Germany are starting the development of the 2.0 150/184ps this next week.

We had an Audi A3 here a little while ago and used the CRD2+ (common rail only) with some positive results :) At the same time we also listed the CRD-T (common rail + boost) on the site for the A3 and Golf but set it to website to state it needed 5 systems.. We didnt have an option to list it as "coming soon" so left it there as it was...

A few days after we conducted our own R&D in the UK, the guys in Germany mentioned that they may use an injector style system on this engine so we decided to leave the CRD-T to one side...

Roll onto today and ive just been told that Germany have their own A3 2.0 150PS going onto the dyno this next week, so ill have some concrete figures and feedback to share pretty soon :)

I did indedee, it was confirmed by DTUK that the company Leon produced white smoke on occasion and in the same way, I also confirmed the settings. Unfortunately there was no diagnosis to be found so I decided that rather than wait for my engine to potentially detroy itself I took the box off. Car runs fine now............

Ive just checked and the Leon produced a "poof" of white smoke 2 or 3 times in 15,000 miles which was put down to a DPF regen, but the only time limp mode was experienced was when the system was set to plus 2 or plus 3, which we would class as a high setting.

If you still have the kit, send it up to us and well add the latest software to the kit for you and at the same time we'll test the kit on the bench and on our own TT TDI

• Like 1

5 boxes??

Youll only need one, infact the guys in Germany are starting the development of the 2.0 150/184ps this next week.

We had an Audi A3 here a little while ago and used the CRD2+ (common rail only) with some positive results :) At the same time we also listed the CRD-T (common rail + boost) on the site for the A3 and Golf but set it to website to state it needed 5 systems.. We didnt have an option to list it as "coming soon" so left it there as it was...

A few days after we conducted our own R&D in the UK, the guys in Germany mentioned that they may use an injector style system on this engine so we decided to leave the CRD-T to one side...

Roll onto today and ive just been told that Germany have their own A3 2.0 150PS going onto the dyno this next week, so ill have some concrete figures and feedback to share pretty soon :)

Ive just checked and the Leon produced a "poof" of white smoke 2 or 3 times in 15,000 miles which was put down to a DPF regen, but the only time limp mode was experienced was when the system was set to plus 2 or plus 3, which we would class as a high setting.

If you still have the kit, send it up to us and well add the latest software to the kit for you and at the same time we'll test the kit on the bench and on our own TT TDI

Unfortunately I don't have the kit any longer as sold in 2011, to be fair I also put the white smoke down to DPF regen but since the box has been removed it has never been replicated, to be honest I have had the car since March 2010 and before trying a tuning box had a REVO remap. When the car was standard and with the REVO software it never produced any smoke so I am doubtful of the DPF regen process being that aggressive. The box settings were never applied too aggressively and for at least the first month I ran the car on the settings the box came with, I then applied further settings as suggested in your installation instructions.

Unfortunately I don't have the kit any longer as sold in 2011, to be fair I also put the white smoke down to DPF regen but since the box has been removed it has never been replicated, to be honest I have had the car since March 2010 and before trying a tuning box had a REVO remap. When the car was standard and with the REVO software it never produced any smoke so I am doubtful of the DPF regen process being that aggressive. The box settings were never applied too aggressively and for at least the first month I ran the car on the settings the box came with, I then applied further settings as suggested in your installation instructions.

Well im sorry we let you down as weve tuned 100's of these VAG 2.0TDI's without issues, only last week we had a customer pop in with a CRD-T from 2010 which he'd been running on map 3 plus 3 for 40,000 miles without issue. This surprised us all as we usually advise running them on plus 1, maybe plus 2 at a push.. Our own Leon didnt like plus 2, but was fine on plus 1 and produced 210bhp..

Andrew, what settings does the box come as standard. High, low, or somewhere in the middle?.

The box comes set on map 1 zero Matthew, your's has the latest software added to the kit infact its the same set of files that Biggy7 is running..

Once you receive the kit, give me a ring and ill explain what the maps/settings/curves represent

Thanks again Andrew. I will be the mad man in the Oracle car park fitting in my lunch break Friday.

go straight to map 4 +1 mate and then watch the big grin on your face when you go for a test drive :):)

I've had a crd-t and pedal box for well over a year but did get some running issues at +1/+2 when I first fitted them, probably going for too high settings at then same time.

Anyway, since this thread I've gradually increased the maps back up and am now running map 2+1 and the pedal box on map4+1 without any problems so far. I had forgotten how much easier the pedal box makes the car to drive, the throttle is more sensitive and responsive with perceived power gains. It'll be really interesting to find out what others think about the two systems together.

Biggy7 and Xpower, if you have maxidot could you have a look at your oil temp and let me know if it's higher since you fitted the boxes. My oil temp often went up over 99 after a good run?

Oddly. I went to map 2+3 last night. Went for a run. Felt good but when I got home parked the car. turned car off and the fans stayed on for quite a while. Never seen this happen before and I wasn't booting it either. Could of been coincidence?

Waited for the electrics to turn off after 3mins I think? Then switched back to 4+1

As said though +3 on any map is going to the extreme.

Will see how it goes today.

Will have a look at oil temp but I cannot remember what it was before the box lol

I've had a crd-t and pedal box for well over a year but did get some running issues at +1/+2 when I first fitted them, probably going for too high settings at then same time.

Anyway, since this thread I've gradually increased the maps back up and am now running map 2+1 and the pedal box on map4+1 without any problems so far. I had forgotten how much easier the pedal box makes the car to drive, the throttle is more sensitive and responsive with perceived power gains. It'll be really interesting to find out what others think about the two systems together.

Biggy7 and Xpower, if you have maxidot could you have a look at your oil temp and let me know if it's higher since you fitted the boxes. My oil temp often went up over 99 after a good run?

If you want to send the module back upto us, ill add the latest software onto it for you.

Oddly. I went to map 2+3 last night. Went for a run. Felt good but when I got home parked the car. turned car off and the fans stayed on for quite a while. Never seen this happen before and I wasn't booting it either. Could of been coincidence?

Waited for the electrics to turn off after 3mins I think? Then switched back to 4+1

Will have a look at oil temp but I cannot remember what it was before the box lol

+3 is far too high, moreso on map 2 as its running higher boost.

As ive mentioned, you ideally want to be using + 1 or + 2

Or TT TDI is running map 4 on plus 2 with the lower boost and is the setting that was used on the dyno..

• Like 1

You could have interupted a dpf regen. I have done this a few times accidentally and the fan stays on for about 10 - 15 mins after turning off the engine.

On another note i have been following this thead with interest and if the majority of reviews are good then i might invest in one. I know my mate had one on his fiat bravo 2 litre tdi 165 and he had a few issues with the dpf on it. He kept on taking it back to the garage because whenever it regened you could feel the entire car judder as if the back pressure was to high in the exhaust. It started after he fitted the box but even after he took it off it kept on doing it so i think that it was just a coincidance. He must have taken it back to differant garages about 10 times and none of them knew what was wrong, all they done was force a regen and say that they couldn't feel the problem so they fobbed him off. The car was driven about 400 miles every weekend on the motorway so it had plenty of chances to regen as well.

Is there any way that skoda can tell that one of the tuning boxes has been fitted because when i asked the local dealer about remapping mine they said that it would invalidate the warrenty. I only ask this because if i did have a problem with the engine i really don't fancy picking up a 4k bill for a new one if it goes that badly wrong.

I notice your car is fairly new so this is maybe why you have not noticed the fans coming on, it's normal, take a look in your hand book it should explain.............Plus, any form of engine modification/addition will invalidate any warranty and also your insurance if you don't declare..............

• Like 1

You could have interupted a dpf regen. I have done this a few times accidentally and the fan stays on for about 10 - 15 mins after turning off the engine.

ahh, may make sense then

i never interrupted it though it stopped by it self,

get one mate, you wont regret it :)

On another note i have been following this thead with interest and if the majority of reviews are good then i might invest in one. I know my mate had one on his fiat bravo 2 litre tdi 165 and he had a few issues with the dpf on it. He kept on taking it back to the garage because whenever it regened you could feel the entire car judder as if the back pressure was to high in the exhaust. It started after he fitted the box but even after he took it off it kept on doing it so i think that it was just a coincidance. He must have taken it back to differant garages about 10 times and none of them knew what was wrong, all they done was force a regen and say that they couldn't feel the problem so they fobbed him off. The car was driven about 400 miles every weekend on the motorway so it had plenty of chances to regen as well.

Is there any way that skoda can tell that one of the tuning boxes has been fitted because when i asked the local dealer about remapping mine they said that it would invalidate the warrenty. I only ask this because if i did have a problem with the engine i really don't fancy picking up a 4k bill for a new one if it goes that badly wrong.

Vauxhall are having issues with wastegate valves on the new Astra 2.0 165PS, as i know of 2 that have started having running issues (without boxes).. Great engines, just not the most reliable :)

Regarding warranty, as long as the system is removed before heading to your dealer youll not have any issues

I beleive VAG have released new software for their dealers diagnostics which will tell if your ECU has been mapped but I would not of thought that it can tell if a tuning box has been fitted or not. I would say that the only signs would be check codes, but then that would only tell them if anyything was going on with sensors, if they can be cleared there won't be any issues. When I had issues with my tuning box I flashed VAG-COM and I hada few which could be cleared..............All relating to the usual, 'implausable signal' which would indicate something connected that shouldn't be.

• Like 1