Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

Well on my first full tank (438miles) on my vRs DSG FL hatch on Map 4+1 I averaged 41.5mpg, which is a couple up on my normal average, and not bad considering I've not got a slightly more flexible right foot now the box is on ;-)

Are those calculated figures or taken from the maxidot?

The reason I ask is because on our 170CR Yeti, the DTUK box threw the maxidot way out, so I have recalibrated it with VCDS.

I am currently on map 2 +1 on the new box (equivalent to your 4 +1) so I am hoping it does improve the fuel consumption.

Updated:

DTUK 3 +1 CC @ 70mph Folkestone to Newquay 43.46 MPG
3 +1 Newquay, then to Burntwood, CC @ 70MPG 44.01 MPG
Box removed = Std, Burntwood to Folkestone, CC @ 70 MPH (inc 40 mins of crawling M25) 50.85 MPG
Box removed = Std, off work = normal weeks driving (local and bit of motorway) 41.33 MPG
Boost disconnected (3 +1) Work 1 week + 2 trips to Rainham 41.85 MPG
Boost disconnected (3 +1) to/from Maidstone meet - 62 miles, (CC @ 70MPH 100% MOTORWAY DRIVING) 45.02 MPG
Boost disconnected (3 +0) work 1 week and 1 trip to Chatham (Motorway @ 70 MPH on CC) 40.3 MPG
Boost disconnected (2 +1) work 1 week 38.5 MPG 

:sweat: 

Hi Gizmo,

I now know to ignore maxidot figures and simply go distance/fill quantity.

My 'economy' version is simply a (crude?) power version from my experience with no feedback from DTUK queries either, which is a bit disappointing, seeing they respond to some on this forum.

Hi Gizmo,

I now know to ignore maxidot figures and simply go distance/fill quantity.

My 'economy' version is simply a (crude?) power version from my experience with no feedback from DTUK queries either, which is a bit disappointing, seeing they respond to some on this forum.

The crd2/ crde connect to the common rail only, the CRDT connects to the common rail plus boost sensor. I thought I'd already posted this info earlier within this thread so apologies if I haven't .

Feel free to pm me with any specific queries

My box has been returned to DTUK for a (partial) refund.

The moral of the story is do NOT believe everything you are told, a money back guarantee is not always what it seems (£47 + postage in this case).

The car will now go where I had always intended (from before the day of ordering it) Shark, who if my experience of them mapping my 170CR Superb is anything to go by the mpg will increase ever so slightly rather than drop by 10 - 15% with the DTUK box.

• Like 1

This is interesting, that is after just 2 weeks (they were polished 2 weeks ago)

post-4155-0-73439100-1411820218_thumb.jpg

My Superb never sooted up anywhere near as much (over months) surely a DPF should have stopped this??

@Andrew@DTUK - I'm looking at getting something like this for my 56 plate 2.0 140pd elegance.. What's my options?

Hi we have a system called pd2 which connects directly to the main injection plug

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=4

expected figures are as follows:

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_octavia_2.0-tdi-140-ps

cost including the Briskoda discount is £315.95 inc UK postage

• 2 weeks later...

Gizmo- I did 530 miles overnight straight through to Scotland from kent with the tuning box on and got a calculated 52mpg with 3 ppl and luggage....debating whether to take the box off on the way home but it will during the day on the wY back so won't be a clear run

Thats good to hear, mine was clearly over fuelling or maybe a bad box? or just that the mapping was not suited to the Yeti?

My Shark mapped 170CR Superb would return those figures on a normal motorway run, the best I managed was 54.5 MPG.

• 3 weeks later...

After an extended period of time (well over 1000 miles) of running my box on Map 1+3, I've hit a blip.

I went out one morning and upon starting, I was greeted with a flashing glow plug light. So, bonnet up, tuning box out and the blanking plug was fitted in it's place. I started it up again and warning light was gone.

Upon a VCDS scan i found three faults logged...

000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) 
               P0101 - 000 - Implausible Signal

005522 - Altitude Sensor / Boost Pressure Sensor 
               P1592 - 000 - Implausible Correlation - Intermittent

000403 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) 
               P0193 - 000 - Short to Plus - Intermittent

I've now cleared the faults and reset the box back to map 2+1 for now. A shame, as so far, 1+3 was my favourite map.

As previously mentioned in the thread, I guess the moral of the story is steer clear of +3 map settings, kids! The engine will sooner or later take a dump.  :wait:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone got an idiots guide or photos of how to remove the CRD-T box? Im thinking about changing my car soon and would like to remove the box. I got it fitted at the DTUK unit as I live fairly close but think it will be a bit cheeky to turn up and ask them to remove it too.

Anyone got an idiots guide or photos of how to remove the CRD-T box? Im thinking about changing my car soon and would like to remove the box. I got it fitted at the DTUK unit as I live fairly close but think it will be a bit cheeky to turn up and ask them to remove it too.

I'm sure they would have no problem with removing it for you as you are a valued customer, aren't you?

Pop in any tuesday or friday and well take it off, or you can download the fitting instructions from this link;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeu8vcgqcpnbauc/vag_2.0_tdi_cr_ldk_Golf_leon.pdf?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

Treid to remove my box today and failed miserably due to having total sausage fingers! Just couldn't manage to remove the bottom connector.

Another half hour or so today trying to remove the boos sensor plug and failed miserably again, looked at taking the under tray off but cannot see how this would give any better access? 

Its becoming a pain in the ass, i no longer have the actual box plugged in because my new insurance policy has kicked in with the car as standard but i cannot get the loom disconnected.

Anyone got any magic ideas?

I undid the black plastic pipe next to the sensor that gets in the way, then used needle nosed pliers to pull on the lever/clip straight upwards, and it came straight out, no need to take the undertray off.