lidl snow foamer?

Ive been looking into getting a snow foam attachment for my pressure washer its a kratcher had it years and years and it never gave trouble. But I would need a new lance and different fittings plus the foam attachment to set up for snow foam. Was doing my sums and it would be costly enough but was in lidl yesterday they have a small pressure washer all the attachments and a small snow foam container. My question is would it be good enough for as it is only 60Euro and I would only be using it for snow foam. Anybody got any experience with these pressure washers or am I wasting my money? Il post a link up when I find one. I have bought some tools there over the years and in fairness for the money there ok quality and do what you need them to do imo

One of these? http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/SID-9B89E873-68C33AFD/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=8450466&rdeLocaleAttr=en&title=PRESSURE%20WASHER%20PHD%20100%20A1 ?

The foam gun they come with is next to useless. I bought an Autobright gun from a group buy on DetailingWorld (£39.95 delivered, with 1l snow foam). Parkside pressure washer use the Lavor fitting.

ya thats the one, like i said i have a good kracher washer, this one would just be used to snow foam the car nothing else. i presumed the bottle that comes with it would be rubbish and was going to pick up a better one. the only thing im not keen on is that you have to attach the water supply directly. i have a large water container for washing. the reason im not up dating my current washer is that the lance is a more heavy duty lance and its a pain to adjust if i could i would prefer to get a second cheaper pressure washer that would be only used to snow foam. any suggestions i see halfords argos etc have small black diamond washers with attachments

http://www.argos.ie/...URE WASHERS.htm

At the risk of getting flamed I use Karchers own lance search Amazon for 'karcher foam lance' only about £20. I only use it with normal wash and wax solutions and it does the job for me.

May not be up there with 'proper' snow foam lances and solutions used by detailers but depends on what you want. My solution takes the effort out of the 2 bucket wash method and my old bones do not like all the bending it entails.

At the risk of getting flamed I use Karchers own lance search Amazon for 'karcher foam lance' only about £20. I only use it with normal wash and wax solutions and it does the job for me.

May not be up there with 'proper' snow foam lances and solutions used by detailers but depends on what you want. My solution takes the effort out of the 2 bucket wash method and my old bones do not like all the bending it entails.

I can understand why you've said this as I've useded the normal bottle thingy that comes with my Nilfisk for wax and wash in the past. the thing that's diffrent with the snow foam lances is that they inject air into the water and snow foam mix that makes it a lot thicker. if you use just the usual lance that are supplied with most power washers it comes out like single cream in my experience and runs off the car in no time. If irishvrs is sold on snowfoam the proper lance would be best IMO, alternatively some claim that the citrus pre wash is better than snowfoam and that can be used with a normal lance (I think) so he could just get some of that and use his existing powerwasher or the Lidl one if his current lance is ****** !

cheers

I can understand why you've said this as I've useded the normal bottle thingy that comes with my Nilfisk for wax and wash in the past. the thing that's diffrent with the snow foam lances is that they inject air into the water and snow foam mix that makes it a lot thicker. if you use just the usual lance that are supplied with most power washers it comes out like single cream in my experience and runs off the car in no time. If irishvrs is sold on snowfoam the proper lance would be best IMO, alternatively some claim that the citrus pre wash is better than snowfoam and that can be used with a normal lance (I think) so he could just get some of that and use his existing powerwasher or the Lidl one if his current lance is ****** !

cheers

I've used Valet Pro Citrus pre-wash in a Lidl 5litre hand primed sprayer for the last few washes. So far it appears to do at least as good a job as snow foam, but takes less time and no mess left on the drive. Smells good too but isn't anything like as much fun :) I'll be alternating between them, depending on how much time I have available.

Same here, works fine for me too.

I use Valet Pro Snow Foam and the Karcher gives a fairly decent foam if you use it on full.

Certainly good enough for me anyway.

I keep waiting for my old el'cheapo pressure washer that I bought from B&Q years ago to finally die so that I can justify buying a new, decent pressure washer with a fitting that will accept one of the snow-foam attachments.

Despite years of abuse, no maintenance and doing everything wrong by it, the damned thing still keeps going. Google is full of people complaining about how poor quality and unreliable they are - not mine!

I keep waiting for my old el'cheapo pressure washer that I bought from B&Q years ago to finally die so that I can justify buying a new, decent pressure washer with a fitting that will accept one of the snow-foam attachments.

Despite years of abuse, no maintenance and doing everything wrong by it, the damned thing still keeps going. Google is full of people complaining about how poor quality and unreliable they are - not mine!

You're just unlucky.

;)

Upgrading the pressure washer would be nice. A lot of the plastic trim on my Lidl is cracked, the castors have broken off and the cradle it rests in no longer holds onto the top section properly but it still works - not bad for £40. Clearly I'm not being rough enough with it :(

• 3 months later...

I have just ordered a Mesto Foamer: http://www.amazon.de/MESTO-3132-FOAMER-Schaumsprüher-Liter/dp/B00E7I6WKI/ref=sr_1_2?s=garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1375982481&sr=1-2&keywords=Mesto+foamer http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/new-products-mesto-1-5-l-foamer-pressure-sprayer.html

It should actually be rather good: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311166

A pressure washer with a foam gun would be better of course, but for the time being I don't have that option.

I am looking forward to trying it out :) .

Edited by Kent (DK)
  • Like 1

What is the reason for these snow foam attachments. What do they do.

They make thick foam that clings to the car. This means that the cleaning ingredients can more effectively dissolve- and loosen the dirt.

Edited by Kent (DK)

If your serious about a snow foam i would go for the Autobright one ive had mine for a year bought it on a group buy with civinfo best bit of cleaning kit ive ever bought

+1 though i got mine through detailing world as pointed to by civinfo.