watch this space...

Whoosh, that black estate looks the total business. Mean and purposeful. I even like the new badge when i see it set on that dark swept front end. Superb looking motor.

SupaGuard has been brilliant on my satin grey metallic estate - over 4 years on without polishing or waxing and it looks great after a wash. Even in full sun I can't see any swirl marks, scratches or holograms and the flake just pops. I really rate it, in contrast to some other opinions I've read. My Fiat 500 in metallic black is another story though, loads of swirl marks from previous owner's lack of being arsed to wash it properly, which robs the car of shine. It did look massively better after a clean, clay bar, polish with Carlack 68 and a coat of Colinite but it's still painful looking at the paintwork in the sun. Needs a machine polish really. Having now experienced how hard it is to keep a black car looking good, I reckon your SupaGuard treatment will be money very well spent.

• Like 1

yes they are dunlops :( I will see how I like 'em , most don't ,but my friend Damo did....... If I don't like them, when the winters go on in November, I'll ebay them and buy some more maxxis Z1's (which were awsome in the poor codintions at this weekends cumbrian run!)

yes they are dunlops :( I will see how I like 'em , most don't ,but my friend Damo did....... If I don't like them, when the winters go on in November, I'll ebay them and buy some more maxxis Z1's (which were awsome in the poor codintions at this weekends cumbrian run!)

Damn, was hoping they would be Conti's.

My white one came with contis.

It depends what deal the factory has at time of manufacture.

At least they're not ditch finders :)

On a side not Rapid has 215/40/17 on same width alloys so maybe a change to this width is better, Rapid is longer and wider though so who knows.

Edited by Ad Lav

Mine came with contis but an older obsolete pattern, which made finding a replacement impossible .

Our Octy came with dun lops , they were pony

My vRS came with Conti's. Standard Conti wear and handling. Great up to 3mm then they go off the cliff of grip. My Pirelli's now at the same tread level still feel good

I am nearing 7k from new on my Dunlop Sport Maxx and I think after "HowFast?" I will have to buy new fronts as the thread seems to be rather low now.

I find them gripping well in all conditions but unberably noisy - I keep checking if all windows are closed :(

Love it Sharkrider! Not that I'm bias with the wheel and body colour combo at all. ;)

Jabozuma also has the right idea! However, I am rather jealous that you have and estate as I sorta regret choosing the hatch.

Its a little way off yet but I'm a bit stuck what to go for next..

I wouldn't mind getting another one identical to yours as the extra space would be brilliant.. but then I'm sorta tempted by going a bit more sensible and getting a 170CR Octavia VRS Estate. The decisions!

I haven't had a chance to drive one on Dunlops but the conti's seem fine to me.

• Like 1