Castle Combe Summer Acton Day 2013! 14/9/13 2! x Tracktime & Clubstand

devonutopia

Finally my video from session one. Apologies for the rattly camera mount! 

Tight overtake of the session I think here. You don't see me hatin' ;):D

What power is that Octy pushing out?

Edited by SimonK24
  • Like 2

Not suprised Nik missed the apex in his Monaro, his first ever time on track in a big heavy beast. (Probably one of the quietest cars on the session too, only managed 83 dB of v8 thundering.)

well my noisy grumbly old girl is 87db's at test, but a **** load louder on full chat.  :rofl:

your mate Nik needed to step back out a bit more. lol.

He did both sessions with the TC on.

Only turned it off on the last lap of session 2 and promptly ended up backwards out of the second chicane.

Here's my take on the day, as a track session virgin; It was fekkin awesome. I loved every minute of my session, I pushed my old mate as hard as I dared and in my mind he did well (I patted his binnacle and said 'thanks mate' when back at the clubstand) I knew there would be people out there faster than us so kept that in mind. My advice is keep an eye on the mirrors, don't push beyond your or the cars limits and don't get in the way, someone's always going to be quicker. Also, have FUN! That's what it's about.

That may just be the most sensible thing I have ever seen you post Lee!

Video of the 2nd Session:

Nice work John

Not sure how i managed to exit Quarry with so much more speed than you to pass quite so quickly on the straight.

I was slightly tempted to launch it up the inside of Karl too but decided better of it ;)

Not wanting to rattle the red zone overtake cage anymore but 8:45 sees the main advocate of "no overtaking in the red zone" flying past Karl on the apex of Quarry corner..... ;)

• Like 3

Not wanting to rattle the red zone overtake cage anymore but 8:45 sees he main advocate of "no overtaking in the red zone" flying past Karl on the apex of Quarry corner..... ;)

Nice lunge down the inside at Quarry there by a blue mkII Fabia. :giggle:

But it illustrates my point exactly.

The driver of said blue Fabia saw the car in front was noticably slower and there was space to pass, so he went for it.  No harm done IMO.

kssm.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work John

Not sure how i managed to exit Quarry with so much more speed than you to pass quite so quickly on the straight.

I was slightly tempted to lauch it up the inside of Karl too but decided better of it ;)

I do normally ease off the power a bit if i see someone travelling faster and about to overtake, just makes more sense, to me, than making someone push it harder heading into a corner. Also, my car is quite underpowered. ;)

• Like 1

As long as you know who will be quick before you start it's not much of an issue. OK the faster stuff can be held up briefly at a corner but let them take the line they want and pass on the straight. There are cars faster than mine and in some ways it's depressing but at a minimum I want to be able to do the right lines.

Session 2 first, because the files for the first session I couldn't find.

They were dated several months ago and 10pm on the camera! :D Also, not sure why it's small....

Around 8:20 on this vid I can be seen limping back to the pits after my turbo decided it was going to shut down :/

Black Octy estate undertook me on quarry in the first session, forcing me off my line. For shame whoever you are!

Here's a video of this... I still don't know who this is as such, but as I've just been catching up on the thread I've seen some people 'defending' their driving and trying to rationalise a similar (if not this same) incident.

You can see I'm about to follow the same line as the Silver Octy, but just as I turn in I notice that the guy behind isn't planning to slot in, so I have to continue straight. In the end it wasn't particularly hairy but if I hadn't been checking my mirrors so much this could have been very nasty.

Edited by Roysvork

Black Octy estate undertook me on quarry in the first session, forcing me off my line. For shame whoever you are!

Davey do, but wasnt it u he came and said sorry to on the day

It was a case of round or thru as said octy wasnt going to come down to ur speed :D

I thought to myself at the time " that gap is getting smaller quicker than this beastie is gona slow up "

I can assure u it wasnt done to be a **** ;)

It was a case of round or thru as said octy wasnt going to come down to ur speed :D

I thought to myself at the time " that gap is getting smaller quicker than this beastie is gona slow up "

I'm not gonna hold it against anyone, but I disagree that it was a case of round or through... in the video he only actually comes round me once I'm off line and braking.

Anyways during the session it's in the heat of the moment and snap decisions are made and maybe we don't realise exactly what we did. The important thing is that from this we can all learn to be a bit more considerate and safe :)

No, Dave apologised to me and i told him it wasn't me as i never saw him in the 1st session. :D