Castle Combe Summer Acton Day 2013! 14/9/13 2! x Tracktime & Clubstand

devonutopia

Video of the 2nd Session:

Didn't capture any of Karls off, just him heading back to the track.

Never mind John, just spotted that Jason was in front of you but his cam missed me as well. :thumbup:  

I was slightly tempted to launch it up the inside of Karl too but decided better of it ;)

Not wanting to rattle the red zone overtake cage anymore but 8:45 sees the main advocate of "no overtaking in the red zone" flying past Karl on the apex of Quarry corner..... ;)

Nice lunge down the inside at Quarry there by a blue mkII Fabia. :giggle:

But it illustrates my point exactly.

The driver of said blue Fabia saw the car in front was noticably slower and there was space to pass, so he went for it.  No harm done IMO.

Not defending anyone here ( middle of the fence ) but did anyone wonder why I was driving so slow round Quarry and so wide ??

If you check my video against John's, you will see why I'm slow and caused  Binzie  to undertake me.

Will post a picture when I get chance to grab a screen shot !

Lets see if in the meantime any of you eagle eyed members spotted it !

Karl

I'll guess at a yellow flag but i can't see one in John's video

clear as day in yours though

how odd seems to be no reason for it at all

Yellow flag means caution.

No overtaking? :giggle:

Sorry folks, I'm only joking. :sun:

I'll guess at a yellow flag but i can't see one in John's video

clear as day in yours though

how odd seems to be no reason for it at all

Well spotted Cliff

Flag_zps921e9126.jpg

The guy on the tower I spotted coming over Avon Rise so braked even harder than normal to kill speed and go wide.

As I was starting  to go around Quarry the guy standing track side took his Flag down and at that point I accelerated again but stayed wide to keep out of the way of Steve, but I think the Guy on the tower had already taken the Yellow Flag down so that's why Steve, John and yourself missed it !

As to why the Yellow Flag was out don't know.

Karl

Well spotted Cliff

Flag_zps921e9126.jpg

The guy on the tower I spotted coming over Avon Rise so braked even harder than normal to kill speed and go wide.

As I was starting to go around Quarry the guy standing track side took his Flag down and at that point I accelerated again but stayed wide to keep out of the way of Steve, but I think the Guy on the tower had already taken the Yellow Flag down so that's why Steve, John and yourself missed it !

As to why the Yellow Flag was out don't know.

Karl

I didn't see the yellow flags, so it's just as well i didn't overtake. :D

• Like 1

from my first experience of track day racing, there was a time when all the faster more experienced driver's will catch you up and all i did was to move over for them to overtake and then carry on having your own race with yourself. absolutely enjoyed the experience and would like to have another go again. keep your eye's peeled. 

• Like 4

from my first experience of track day racing, there was a time when all the faster more experienced driver's will catch you up and all i did was to move over for them to overtake and then carry on having your own race with yourself. absolutely enjoyed the experience and would like to have another go again. keep your eye's peeled.

Aprils feeler is up already if you haven't already got your name down. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice lunge down the inside at Quarry there by a blue mkII Fabia. :giggle:

But it illustrates my point exactly.

The driver of said blue Fabia saw the car in front was noticably slower and there was space to pass, so he went for it.  No harm done IMO.

kssm.jpg

**Blushes** 

• Like 1

I'm not gonna hold it against anyone, but I disagree that it was a case of round or through... in the video he only actually comes round me once I'm off line and braking.

Anyways during the session it's in the heat of the moment and snap decisions are made and maybe we don't realise exactly what we did. The important thing is that from this we can all learn to be a bit more considerate and safe :)

Yes this was me, It was far from intentional, as said in my post was closing in on Avon rise at 120. I wish I had had my camera working so I could show how it looked as we approached. I was waiting for u to commit to the apex of Avon so I had larger room on right and would not have been up the wrong side of you, but u kind of did neither, mine isnt, a.) a Yeti, or b.) a 4x4.  Grass wasnt an option so I went for apex of Avon to stay out of your way and go round the outside of quarry and not affect your run through, In your footage u can see i am trying to still brake as my nose appears in your video, but with a concrete wall looming :o  and any harder on brakes and i was going to lock up I opened up again to get round.  You took a good line through from where you were on your video :thumbup:  :thumbup: , I wasnt near you good width between us. 

But on another note, If the marshal at Quarry had thought what I had done was dangerous I would have been shown a yellow card or called into the pits for a chat, of which neither happened.

Not trying to justify my actions at all. yes the wrong side was wrong  :( , But for everyone who knows me, yes I am quick, dangerous, no!  I am a driver for a living I do not make snap decisions everything is calculated, hence why i stayed away from the apex of Quarry to give you room. 

Ahhhh, confusion there then. Well Dave, thanks for the intended apology and look forward to an opportunity to have some beers :)

Next time if we are at a meet together I will come and apologise to you face to face.  And hand you a "tinny" :party:  :party:  soo many different fabia's and i failed to find you :doh:

Once again,  Sorry Fella.. 

Lloyd, I have stolen your crown  :ph34r:

Right, for Pete the black mk1 Octy driver and err... Pete the other black mk1 Octy driver. :)

Give it a few seconds and it should be up and running.

Thanks for the vid.

Hope to sort my power issue out by my next track visit. New turbo not mapped properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...