Cleaned vRS seats for under

I've wanted to clean my seats since I got the car as it had the dreaded water marks and various stains over them. Got told by many to use a wet vac but couldn't get access to one. Didn't want to rush in and ruin the seats so put some £2 seat covers on that I had to rip to fit the bolsters!! Anyway this is how they looked:

20130517_160553_zps7f27cfd4.jpg

Bought some autoglym interior shampoo from Halfords for £6.49 as it got really good reviews. Also bought some smart price washing up sponges in a pack of 5 for 15p.

Lightly spray the shampoo and agitate the stains with a wet sponge and you see the marks disapear. I left it a few mins then got another wet sponge and wiped them down. They looked like this wet after being wiped down:

20130517_162721_zps0f1a352d.jpg

Hoped that when dry they would still look as good and I can say they look spot on now they are fully dry,look the same as that pic. For under £7 I cant believe how well they have come up. Recommend it to anyone that wants to clean their seats. Can add pics of drivers if anyone wants to see that too.

Hope this helps someone out.

• Like 4

1001 interior shampoo is cheaper and better, its a couple of quid, get a interior brush, mix with hot water and brush seat, and wipe over a few times with a micro fibre.. they come out like new.

• Like 2

That AG stuff is what I use too. I do the fronts with windows down in when it's hot in summer. The rear seats you can easily take out and clean and dry inside.

I was dubious to use stuff like 1001 and vanish as there are some many different ones to get. For £7 I don't think I'd try anything else tbh, still got over half six bottle left too

Great results, job well done. Another product option which might be of interest to some of you is Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner. It can be had for about £20 delivered on Amazon, which sounds steep but you get a US gallon of the stuff, which you then dilute with water into a spray bottle.

Its awesome, got coffee stains out of my seat cloth before. I use it on the seats, mats and floor carpet. As the name suggests, its great on most things too. Dusty brakes for examples, agitate with a paint brush and they'll come up lovely. Smells great too :-).

I'm not on commission or anything, I just find this to be a great product with loads if uses, which for the money is excellent value. Hope this is of use to someone.

Did the exact same when i first got my car, seats didn't have any actual stains but they were looking a bit dirty

I used microfibre cloths rather then sponges, i'll give some sponges a try next time and see if there's much difference

Thanks for the tip I've just been to halfords and done mine this morning came out lovely !!

Saw on instagram you got some! Glad it helped mate. Wish someone had told me about it months ago lol

• 2 months later...

I will be doing this again as soon as it's light outside, seats are a right mess

I need to give mine another clean this weekend now I've took them out to sell. They come up lovely with that stuff

Cleaning seats aint rocket science. To be honest marks like that are pretty mild and like others above these kind of marks come out easily with the pound shop upholstery cleaners anyway

I think people really have problems with these seats when they get heavily soiled, e.g. chocolate, mud etc ! Please report back when you have more conclusive tests :rofl: 

Ha but seriously its nice when they come up clean isnt it

Cleaning seats aint rocket science. To be honest marks like that are pretty mild and like others above these kind of marks come out easily with the pound shop upholstery cleaners anyway

I think people really have problems with these seats when they get heavily soiled, e.g. chocolate, mud etc ! Please report back when you have more conclusive tests :rofl:

Ha but seriously its nice when they come up clean isnt it

I wouldn't trust pound shop cleaner incase it reacted and knackered the seats though. I'd sooner someone recommend me a product like this that works for £7 than chance a £1 bottle.

ajs_vrs wrote:

I'm sick of cleaning my seats :(

I want some seat covers but they look crap, only need it on the drivers seat

a retrim would be perfect but I can't justify spending £800 on something like that

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Harry1212

ajs_vrs wrote:I want some seat covers but they look crap, only need it on the drivers seat

a retrim would be perfect but I can't justify spending £800 on something like that

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Keep a eye out for second hand ones. I got a bargain on some seat surgeon seats at the scrapyard this week that's why I'm selling mine