Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

1 hour ago, jaymd said:

Purchased this last November 16’ plate 230 edition.

3AB2E27B-5E2A-4D3C-B3E8-5BAEA9FA7C76.jpeg

This is my favourite colour! There was a wagon for sale in this colour when I was looking but it didn’t have the tech pack I was looking for! Good purchase!! 

2 hours ago, Blairyc said:

Cheers! 
I just drove it for the first time in the wet yesterday and it wasn’t fun at all, it felt like when I used to have to drive on snow! So I’ve just ordered Goodyear Eagle F1’s all round, so we’ll see how they go before I decide on that tune...

Wow the fitted tyres must be garbage then, it shouldn't be *that* bad with the stock map. Eagle F1 is a decent tyre, I had Directional 5s on my 306 GTi6 for years and it stuck like **** to a blanket. I have P-Zeroes just because that's what the factory fitted and the dealer was willing to chuck in some fresh ones, but I believe Michelin PS4 are the darling child right now.

52 minutes ago, TrinityJay said:

Wow the fitted tyres must be garbage then, it shouldn't be *that* bad with the stock map. Eagle F1 is a decent tyre, I had Directional 5s on my 306 GTi6 for years and it stuck like **** to a blanket. I have P-Zeroes just because that's what the factory fitted and the dealer was willing to chuck in some fresh ones, but I believe Michelin PS4 are the darling child right now.

The previous owner had put “Vikings” on the front and “Falkens” on the rear and the tyres were about 1/2 to 3/4 gone. it wasn’t pleasant, the front was very light and floated in corners. I know the roads can be a bit greasey as it’s the first proper rain we’ve had for a while but my Golf didn’t feel like that at all. 

14 hours ago, Blairyc said:

Cheers! 
I just drove it for the first time in the wet yesterday and it wasn’t fun at all, it felt like when I used to have to drive on snow! So I’ve just ordered Goodyear Eagle F1’s all round, so we’ll see how they go before I decide on that tune...

I had same problem when I first got mine. Everytime I drove over a wet manhole cover the car used to skid around and allsorts.

I now have all weather ones on all the tyres and it now hold the road alot better

Hi There, I am a "owner" of a 2019 Octavia Combi. I believe the color is Black Magic.

The reason why I say "owner" is that it's a car from the company I work for.

However, I am allowed to use it privately as well.

So far I am loving the car, it is comfortable to drive, even when you need to travel far.

Apart from it being a manual and missing ACC and a heated windscreen, it has all the options I want on a car, so very pleased with it.

85DCA261-C3DF-4FE0-B3B2-86348535B4B1.jpeg.c10ff49ead7a1dd33222b4ec29f24125.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, nutters_uclan said:

My second time on the register (just this one, thanks) and 3rd octy.

Mk3 Elegance in race blue. MY13. Almost every option added!

Three weeks in and I'm delighted to be back in an Octavia.

y4mcbhj0ksm18kdvX4wn705HY8ycj6oeiuluViJqmV7otbfmZnIrxg46SiJZ9sPby7O2SiuIxS-OdAxfLE0FLxqya8GAE7L24LD5ce70N9vmAqldap0TV4IE77pd9dMucqz1eYb4zDASbcXgDqIMAOCf7j7WUyUgPEEWWAgULHgP5bxfk41woFXLyk_WF6r3Cdz.jpg

Congratulations, I have a Kamiq and will be happy to return  to the Octy

• Like 1

Just bought (pick it up next week) a 2018 1.4 TSI SE L with DSG auto box. In a sort of metallic brown with beige interior.

Coming from a 2 ltr turbo diesel hardtop convertible Volvo, so quite a change!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Skoda owner here.  Have been loving it except for some very serious discomfort in my right leg but I'm hoping this can be rectified somehow!  Have posted about it here and have done a heap of reading.  Fingers crossed.

Here's my new beast.  Such a nice car (if I can fix my discomfort issue).  Fully opted minus the powered tailgate.

spacer.png

From Australia BTW.  :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rdomain said:

New Skoda owner here.  Have been loving it except for some very serious discomfort in my right leg but I'm hoping this can be rectified somehow!  Have posted about it here and have done a heap of reading.  Fingers crossed.

Here's my new beast.  Such a nice car (if I can fix my discomfort issue).  Fully opted minus the powered tailgate.

spacer.png

From Australia BTW.  :)

Welcome fellow Strayan!...

The Wagon looks great in that colour! Mines is White but i'd have preffered either your colour or the nice flat grey (not sure it's proper name), but there were none in my price range and with the spec i wanted.

Hope you get your seat sorted out! :)

1 hour ago, Blairyc said:

The Wagon looks great in that colour! Mines is White but i'd have preffered either your colour or the nice flat grey (not sure it's proper name), but there were none in my price range and with the spec i wanted.

Thanks mate!  Yes, I was the same.  Nearly bought the flat grey one too but then saw the quartz grey and that ticked both sporty and style.  Also stock was disappearing so I actually got mine delivered from Victoria to SA.  Bugger all in SA anyway.  Wasn't the cheapest one available but it had the colour, every option I wanted and less than 3k on the clock.

Now just to sort those damn seats.  Hah.  Fingers crossed!

Hi peeps - new owner here.  New job so no longer a company car that I had for last four years, so thought this would tide me over.  Hard to find but I ended up buying it from Adelaide (a dealer) sight unseen, which was not a good experience as I was so bloody nervous.  Anyhow, MY16, fully loaded with everything and really nice condition.  Already been in touch wit the first owner and sorted a few things out.  He had never taken it to a Skoda dealer so it was still running original firmware (0318) and original maps (2016).  Soon changed that!  Now running 1433 firmware and 2021 maps.  I've also updated the side mirrors to the new indicators and also the lights under them to LED, and just waiting for the LED bulbs (external) and interior LED packs to arrive and I'll do that next.  I also ran OBD11 (which I have for my missus MY21 Polo GTI) and it has 55 recorded faults.  But because these went back to 2016, it had never been checked.  Virtually all were down to a low battery!  Now gone and just waiting RWC and then inspection and registration.  So it cannot be driven at the moment...

IMG_6403.JPG

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slipshot said:

Hi peeps - new owner here.  New job so no longer a company car that I had for last four years, so thought this would tide me over.  Hard to find but I ended up buying it from Adelaide (a dealer) sight unseen, which was not a good experience as I was so bloody nervous.  Anyhow, MY16, fully loaded with everything and really nice condition.  Already been in touch wit the first owner and sorted a few things out.  He had never taken it to a Skoda dealer so it was still running original firmware (0318) and original maps (2016).  Soon changed that!  Now running 1433 firmware and 2021 maps.  I've also updated the side mirrors to the new indicators and also the lights under them to LED, and just waiting for the LED bulbs (external) and interior LED packs to arrive and I'll do that next.  I also ran OBD11 (which I have for my missus MY21 Polo GTI) and it has 55 recorded faults.  But because these went back to 2016, it had never been checked.  Virtually all were down to a low battery!  Now gone and just waiting RWC and then inspection and registration.  So it cannot be driven at the moment...

IMG_6403.JPG

Haha, excellent.  I buy a car from Melbourne sent to Adelaide and you buy a car from Adelaide sent to Melbourne at a similar time.  I'm going to guess VW Reynella?

11 hours ago, Blairyc said:

It's called meteor grey20190409_180925.jpg.a963fcd0312d9f91598be12b552aee36.jpg

Cheers,

I wanted to share this pics with anybody who wanted to know how a Bilstein B12 kit would look like on the mk3.

Car has equipped full Maxton Design kit and 19'' wheels with a width of 8.5'' and ET45.

20210321_114442.jpg

20210321_114514.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rdomain said:

Haha, excellent.  I buy a car from Melbourne sent to Adelaide and you buy a car from Adelaide sent to Melbourne at a similar time.  I'm going to guess VW Reynella?

You are correct my man...  they had it traded in because the previous owner developed back problems and the seats no longer for him.  Good enough reason to sell - for me!

• Like 1

Looks like us Aussies are taking over! B)

16 hours ago, rdomain said:

Yeah it's a cool colour.  I'm pretty sure they call it Steel Grey here in Australia.

Meteor Grey is a similar but slightly different grey, possibly offered at different times to Steel Grey but don't quote me on that! This is Steel Grey-

20200726_123811.thumb.png.c1cfbfa6f3d1d3afd15a1062f704e004.png20201220_152843edit.thumb.jpg.89d6332a20d37b6a9bf7b5e57ab4c029.jpg

....aka 'Battleship Grey' aka 'Gloss Primer'! :D

You can have colour envy of mine, while I have wagon envy of you fellas' cars ;) Someone in the SE suburbs has a black RS wagon that gets me especially tingly, buuuut I know from past experience what owning a black car is like....looks fantastic after washing, then you have about 5 seconds to take a photo before it's dirty again!

Edited by TrinityJay

Yesterday I upgraded my wheels and added spacers too. Looks much better! Will be keeping the Gemini wheels for winter ❄️ 

F688BDC5-A05D-4DC7-A7F8-286D283B67B7.jpeg

BF2E8AD3-58D0-4BBF-9306-D54D28381C02.jpeg

Just now, Mossy46 said:

Yesterday I upgraded my wheels and added spacers too. Looks much better! Will be keeping the Gemini wheels for winter ❄️ 

F688BDC5-A05D-4DC7-A7F8-286D283B67B7.jpeg

BF2E8AD3-58D0-4BBF-9306-D54D28381C02.jpeg

98E05C1F-5DCC-40CE-A6C2-7E93A7183FAD.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in with my Third Skoda, Upgraded from a mk2 Fabia to a MK3 Facelift, SE Technology last week, loving it so far, although admittedly a tad lower spec than some of the shots in here!

May be an image of car and roadMay be an image of car and road

• Love it! 1