New vRS picked up at the weekend! Pictures.

Looks really nice.. I like the new logo and steering wheel... Wow its totally new.. I am assuming it is using the CTHE engine and not CAVE.. You should of added Sat NAV in at least..

You will have to let us know how you get on..

Edited by Azzbo786

Looks really nice.. I like the new logo and steering wheel... Wow its totally new.. I am assuming it is using the CTHE engine and not CAVE.. You should of added Sat NAV in at least..

You will have to let us know how you get on..

The sticker in the boot does state CTHE.

I thought about the sat nav, but at such a premium it didn't seem worth the extra so I specced climate control instead and i use my iphone for sat nav duties :happy:

• Like 1

All black is a bit common now - shark and zouche and my best mate all have same wheels and car!!

I'm swinging more to grey and blue.

Fed up with white lol

Edited by Ad Lav

Yes but I had one before it for 2 years! :)

Wanted race blue but no colour available. Had black. Red was next choice but only white available with options I wanted :)

SWMBO is picking hers up tomorrow in Blue. Without Sat Nav or Climate! Going to get a Columbus when funds allow.

Dealer issues aside, shes looking forward to it and photos will be posted!

Looks good in Black though!

Sneak peek though:

post-12958-0-04542900-1369262331_thumb.jpg

post-12958-0-65922000-1369262337_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It makes me sad seeing a great looking car ruined by black alloys. I dream of a world when people realise that black alloys look cack!

In your opinion.

• Like 3

Black paint work and rims, man ur going to have ur work cut out keeping the black paint work looking good. I just have a black roof and it takes time to get it looking good. Best of luck ... if ur willing to put the work in black looks brill when its just polished. :happy:

Yeah, it does show the watermarks, dirt, dust, particles, atoms - everything!!

But, like you say, does look great polished up and shining!

As for the black alloys debate, everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if it is wrong... :rofl: ).

I like the fact that these cars are pretty customisable on the outside. Not much to change on the inside, but I like how it is in any case.

And yes, there is a new DSG knob fitted... I just wish it said 'vRS' on it instead of 'DSG'. Maybe someone will make a replacement insert or a sticker or something....?

I don't mind black alloys (had a set on my old 500 twinair and they looked great with red paint) its just on some cars they look so damn small. For me the vRS ones have this problem. The standard silver or the dark chromes make the black ones look tiny. The silver edge on the vRS black wheels is also an epic fail in my book....

Just my personal thoughts and taste tho - I'ts a good thing we don't all like the same things othwise life would be pretty dull!

If ur going to have black rims i think the best place to have them is on a black car ...are the windows tinted from factory if not thats the first mod u should get done, helps with the stealth look. i got mine done with the 20% luminar tint and i love the look . :bandit: are u keeping all the badges on the rear? to many imo. :blush:

Edited by O.C.D.

The rear windows have a factory tint, so that's all good and looks the part. I'm thinking about the rear badges and agree that it does look a little busy on the rear door. I'm having it detailed in a few weeks so may get them removed other than the vRS badge. I like the stealth look!

I don't mind black alloys (had a set on my old 500 twinair and they looked great with red paint) its just on some cars they look so damn small. For me the vRS ones have this problem. The standard silver or the dark chromes make the black ones look tiny. The silver edge on the vRS black wheels is also an epic fail in my book....

Just my personal thoughts and taste tho - I'ts a good thing we don't all like the same things othwise life would be pretty dull!

I agree, it's a podgy little car as it is, but silver or white alloys really help the perception of larger wheels which balances the shape better. But absolutely each to their own. It needs lowering now OP to be properly mean!