New logo and badge

Freshacre

Does this mean everyone with a Yeti still under warranty will get a free new style badge if the worm appears? :think:

Not until the present parts bin has been emptied. :devil:

Fred

I think I prefer the current green logo. The new one does look very Vauxhall to me.

Agree, but it would be nice to have any badge that is a bit more durable.

My previous Yeti had front and rear badges replaced 3 times in just under 3 years of ownership, but fair play to dealer who could not have been more helpful.

Just got our new Yeti 2 litre TDI Elegance, built on the 19th august. Very happy and delighted with it, what an amazing car! I am pleased to say it has got the traditional green badges. The new ones look so ordinary. i don't want a car with badges like some Opel or Vauxhall, depending where you live. The chrome on black is rubbish, and means there has to be an extra name panel to say 'Skoda' on the back of cars, because the name is no longer a part of the badge. And the laurel leaves referred to the fine rallying history of this old old marque, which deserves much greater respect than most people seem to understand as the the oldest marque in the whole Volkswagen Audi Group.

We are so happy to be driving our third Skoda. Cars that fit like a glove from new, so easy to drive and so comfortable. The green badge and that colour association has been so successful I do wonder why the bosses thought it a good idea to change to such an ordinary boring common looking design. Oh dear.

• Like 2

Interestingly, where Skoda support the various cycling tours, they still use the green colour as part of the badge on all the display material.

I understand the attachment some have to the green badge but the new one is much closer to the original. If the history of the marque is important then it is best evoked by the "new" one.

Whilst out cycling yesterday, looked at car badges and most were chrome and black with exception of Ford, BMW and Fiat. Therefore one with a bit of colour stands out better.

As with quality of badges, no manufacturer will want one one on their cars that are fault, hence will replace, but agree need to get this quality issue sorted.

If I was to change the badge over would need to do wheels and boot also so you get this years look and not last years, but happy to stay with current green badge.

The link to a web page shows some of the badges through the ages.

http://www.cartype.com/pages/1652/skoda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I pick my new Yeti up tomorrow (only a month late!) so will see what logo it has.
Having been told that it will be the 'new' one, if it isn't do I have the right to have Skoda change the whole set?

I pick my new Yeti up tomorrow (only a month late!) so will see what logo it has.

Having been told that it will be the 'new' one, if it isn't do I have the right to have Skoda change the whole set?

I won't hold my breath. They won't change that for the last few hundred pre-FL cars I suspect so chances are (in my view) ten to one, it will be the old badges with little chance of the dealer being willing to change them. But good luck. Hope I'm wrong.

Did you get that "promise" in writing?

I thought it had already been stated that only the facelifted models will get the new badges.

I won't hold my breath. They won't change that for the last few hundred pre-FL cars I suspect so chances are (in my view) ten to one, it will be the old badges with little chance of the dealer being willing to change them. But good luck. Hope I'm wrong.

Quite right, well half right. Old badge but will change them all, no-charge! Great Dealer in Darlington. Couldn't do enough for me. :rofl:

Did you get that "promise" in writing?

I thought it had already been stated that only the facelifted models will get the new badges.

No, nothing in writing but it was a gentleman's agreement and it will be honoured. On collection the dealer did re-iterate that they had had a memo to the effect that 'all builds after week 35 would have the new badges'. Nothing mentioned about facelift only? I'm a happy bunny.

• 1 month later...

No, nothing in writing but it was a gentleman's agreement and it will be honoured. On collection the dealer did re-iterate that they had had a memo to the effect that 'all builds after week 35 would have the new badges'. Nothing mentioned about facelift only? I'm a happy bunny.

New bonnet and hub badges supplied by dealer. I had to go with a 'bigfoot' cover from Supaskoda for the rear until the new logo rear badge is available after the facelift is launched. Looking good. Have to order steering wheel and keyfob stickers from Pastyboy now and that completes the set.

New bonnet and hub badges supplied by dealer. I had to go with a 'bigfoot' cover from Supaskoda for the rear until the new logo rear badge is available after the facelift is launched. Looking good. Have to order steering wheel and keyfob stickers from Pastyboy now and that completes the set.

I think I can help you out on that score. I have an unused set of the new style logo (rear boot and steering wheel centre) from Pastyboy, that I never got round to installing on my previous Yeti. If you let me know your address by PM I will post them to you FOC.

• Like 3

I think I can help you out on that score. I have an unused set of the new style logo (rear boot and steering wheel centre) from Pastyboy, that I never got round to installing on my previous Yeti. If you let me know your address by PM I will post them to you FOC.

How kind! PM sent. Many Thanks.