Turbo gone. Options please

Hi guys sadly my turbo has decided to **** itself today and was wondering options. My dad can possibly get the turbo reconditioned through a friends buisness but I was wonder about hybrid turbos or even a PD 150??? I'm not looking to spend a fortune on the car as I a haven't really got the extra cash ATM. Just wondered if I would have to change piping or intercoller??? Any guidence would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I've literally just had a new turbo put on mine after my original blew. Mine nearly took the engine with it too - pieces of the turbo's shaft were in the boost pipework :-/

I paid a LOT of money to get a hybrid on, so it's not a cheap option. Depends what your budget is really. Although I'd advise not taking shortcuts if you can help it....

Depending on how your turbo blew, I'd take the pipework & intercooler off and clean it all out. If you get a hybrid PD150, you CAN get it mapped with the standard intercooler, but it will need limiting in order to prevent excessive heat soak and limp mode kicking in. That's how mine is at the moment. Ideally need to get a FMIC on as soon as though, so I can unleash the turbo so to speak....

You could always just get a second hand standard turbo as a cheaper fix.

but you never know with second hand that's the thing. Could be low mileage but that's not to say its not been thrashed for the mileage it's done.

definitely is the cheapest and more budget option but depends how much you have to spend and what you want with the car. hybrid will want front mount and uprated clutch and possibly solid flywheel. £££££

I will probably just leave it standard then I don't want to have to go down the road of clutches and stuff where is the best place to get a new standard turbo?? Mines smashed the shaft to pieces. Only done 65000 and I would say I'm hard on it always let it warm up and cool down

If you've smashed the shaft then it may not be eligible for exchange. I destroyed the shaft on mine and Garrett wouldn't accept it back, so had to pay the surcharge...

i would get them to define what can be classed as an exchange before buying .... then you cant be stung ..... may be worth buying an old cheap turbo and using as an exchange rather than paying a £200+ surcharge